+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

ibrahim0175

Jun 26, 2014
I am planning to apply for my mother,can i apply online on behalf of her so that she does not have to go to vfs or high commission,she is not smart enough to handle the application procedure,please reply,thanks.

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
rawaljignesh82 said:
Hi,

I applied on the same date 24th Feb 2016 for my mom. I did upfront medical and sent full document package. I am also still waiting for the decision. Let me know if you hear anything from VFS.

thank you
Hi,

Sure, I still have not heard anything from them. Once I hear, I will update this thread.

Anyone has any idea, how long it will take once the medical is done?

Thank you

superman13

Mar 28, 2016
Hi friends,

I applied Supervisa for my mother.
Type: Online
VO: New Delhi
Status on CIC login: Medical information pending

She did her medicals yesterday. Do i need to upload her medical acknowledgement online or will the eMedical centre take care of all the formalities?

PS - incase i need to upload her medical acknowledgement, i cannot find the place/link where i should be able to do the same.

Please guide.

rawaljignesh82

Dec 27, 2010
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-June-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR :06-Oct-2010, 2nd AOR: XX Jan 2011
IELTS Request
In Process Status with Processing Date..XX Feb2012 , Last Week Processing Date changed to March 15,2012
File Transfer...
XX-Jan-2011
Med's Request
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Landed
MithuShun said:
Hi,

Sure, I still have not heard anything from them. Once I hear, I will update this thread.

Anyone has any idea, how long it will take once the medical is done?

Thank you
I just check online tracking and it says that they courier my mom's passport today. Hopefully i will receive in one or two days. see what happens.

Good luck. I will update what happen.

thank you

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
rawaljignesh82 said:
I just check online tracking and it says that they courier my mom's passport today. Hopefully i will receive in one or two days. see what happens.

Good luck. I will update what happen.

thank you
Thank you for the update. I believe that you did medical exam upfront and did not wait for embassy letter. In my mother case, she waited for 2 weeks for the medical exam request letter and did the medical on after that (2 weeks from visa submitted day + 2 days)

I sent an email to embassy on last Thursday to get the status update; but did not get any reply from them yet

rawaljignesh82

Dec 27, 2010
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-June-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR :06-Oct-2010, 2nd AOR: XX Jan 2011
IELTS Request
In Process Status with Processing Date..XX Feb2012 , Last Week Processing Date changed to March 15,2012
File Transfer...
XX-Jan-2011
Med's Request
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Landed
MithuShun said:
Thank you for the update. I believe that you did medical exam upfront and did not wait for embassy letter. In my mother case, she waited for 2 weeks for the medical exam request letter and did the medical on after that (2 weeks from visa submitted day + 2 days)

I sent an email to embassy on last Thursday to get the status update; but did not get any reply from them yet
My Mom got the passport today and got the Supervisa. I also send email earlier and they reply today saying they courier the passport. hopefully you wil receive in couple of days.

thank you,

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
rawaljignesh82 said:
My Mom got the passport today and got the Supervisa. I also send email earlier and they reply today saying they courier the passport. hopefully you wil receive in couple of days.

thank you,
Congratulation for your mom’s super visa

Embassy has replied me with saying “file has been referred to the officer for final review”.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Hello All,

I would like to ask your advice on applying for my mom's super visa.It's not the easiest case...

she is diabetic, do you think it is a problem, to have an illness like this?
Also since she has to take blood from her fingers to check her blood sugar level 3+ times a day, she lost her fingerprints. I believe the visa require biometrics so could lack of fingerprints be a problem? (b/c of this she can get a passport only valid for a year)
By the time she would come over our son would be 1 year old, should we count the income/head by adding him too? So me+my husband+son+my mom= 4 ppl?

I am thankful for any piece of info/advice you can share

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
GG_wife said:
Hello All,

I would like to ask your advice on applying for my mom's super visa.It's not the easiest case...

she is diabetic, do you think it is a problem, to have an illness like this?
Also since she has to take blood from her fingers to check her blood sugar level 3+ times a day, she lost her fingerprints. I believe the visa require biometrics so could lack of fingerprints be a problem? (b/c of this she can get a passport only valid for a year)
By the time she would come over our son would be 1 year old, should we count the income/head by adding him too? So me+my husband+son+my mom= 4 ppl?

I am thankful for any piece of info/advice you can share
My mom suffers from diabetes, hypertension and hypothyroidism for all of which she takes medication. She got the SV back in 2012.

Since your mom needs to check blood sugar 3+ times day, I'm assuming her diabetes condition is pretty acute. But only a doctor can determine the severity. A diabetic patient who is stable with drugs/exercise won't be an issue. I cannot comment on biometric requirements though. But if she only gets a 1-year passport, she will get 1-year visa as well. However, you can apply to extend her stay once she is here as long as she renews her passport.

Has your son been born yet? Pardon my language but if he is already born, he is a person and should be counted from his birth.

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent along with Documents on 25-01-2011
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
dbss said:
Between you and brother who is PR/citizen, that person's NOA/T4 will matter (CIC does not care about overtime/bonus - If it appears in NOA/T4 it counts). Other person's finances won't matter as much in SUPERVISA. Co-signing can only be your spouse/common-law.

Hope this helps.
Thanks dbss...
So you are saying my real brother (who is a second child of our parents) can't be a co-signee? Unless I join his income, we can't make enough as per LICO....

yaduwanshi

Mar 28, 2016
Hi
I applied Online Super VISA application for my parents
Online Application Submit Feb 9th
Medical Requested Feb 18th
Medical submitted and passed (Mother) Feb 22
Medical submitted and passed (Father) Feb 26
Since then waiting and sending emails to "DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca" but so far no update or response.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Rossei said:
My mom suffers from diabetes, hypertension and hypothyroidism for all of which she takes medication. She got the SV back in 2012.

Since your mom needs to check blood sugar 3+ times day, I'm assuming her diabetes condition is pretty acute. But only a doctor can determine the severity. A diabetic patient who is stable with drugs/exercise won't be an issue. I cannot comment on biometric requirements though. But if she only gets a 1-year passport, she will get 1-year visa as well. However, you can apply to extend her stay once she is here as long as she renews her passport.

Has your son been born yet? Pardon my language but if he is already born, he is a person and should be counted from his birth.
thank you!

yes she is type 2 diabetic, but it's under control with medication.
thanks for the suggestion about the renewal, I will look into it
He is born already:) I just wasn't sure if there is a certain age they should be included in the calculation:)

thanks again so much!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
akapoor3 said:
Thanks dbss...
So you are saying my real brother (who is a second child of our parents) can't be a co-signee? Unless I join his income, we can't make enough as per LICO....
dbss is right.

'Family Income' counts towards meeting any income requirement set by CIC. By family, it means Husband, Wife and their dependent Children. Adult siblings (brothers, sisters) who are financially independent cannot co-sign to meet LICO because they may have their own family/liabilities.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am seeking your help for the supervisa application of my mother in law. Me and my wife both are full time working in canada and we are PR. We have a daughter and she is also living with us and a Canadian PR. Our combined family income is around $80000, but none of us is making enough to cross the minimum family income of $45000, I am making around $42000 and my wife is making $38000. My question is can we use our combined family income i.e $80000 towards the application. If yes then who will write the invitation letter and how? Please share the invitation letter template....

Thanks for all the help....

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
chevy said:
I am seeking your help for the supervisa application of my mother in law. Me and my wife both are full time working in canada and we are PR. We have a daughter and she is also living with us and a Canadian PR. Our combined family income is around $80000, but none of us is making enough to cross the minimum family income of $45000, I am making around $42000 and my wife is making $38000. My question is can we use our combined family income i.e $80000 towards the application. If yes then who will write the invitation letter and how? Please share the invitation letter template....

Thanks for all the help....
I answered the same question in the previous post (look above your post).

The letter can be from both of you or from your wife; but you both have to sign and declare that you will bear your MIL's expense in Canada.
I've given links to invitation letter before:
Rossei said:
There are many topics on this if you search for. Here's some example:

- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-invitation-letter-t339303.0.html
- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-sample-invitation-letter-t397296.0.html