ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hi Kidrobot
I have extended my mother's stay in February for one year. I have asked for one year and was approved within 8 days after I apply Online.

I do not think you can convert TRV to PG1. you have to appply for the PG super visa outside from Canada, but someone in this forum mentioned he did it at Ottawa office and took about four months.

as long as you meet the LICO, it can be extended upto two years for TRV, our member USER828 has done it for his folks for 3/4 times, can't exactly remember.

it's the Total income Line 150 from the tax assessment. and I think it is better if your sister does it. hope this helps

TO30

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
toronto30 said:
Hi Kidrobot
I have extended my mother's stay in February for one year. I have asked for one year and was approved within 8 days after I apply Online.

I do not think you can convert TRV to PG1. you have to appply for the PG super visa outside from Canada, but someone in this forum mentioned he did it at Ottawa office and took about four months.

as long as you meet the LICO, it can be extended upto two years for TRV, our member USER828 has done it for his folks for 3/4 times, can't exactly remember.

it's the Total income Line 150 from the tax assessment. and I think it is better if your sister does it. hope this helps

TO30
Hi TO30
OMG, that’s great! How did you do that? Can you share the application procedure? How did you write the letter?
I also read that someone change TRV to Super Visa in Canada but they didn’t mention it takes how long to do it. If on the 5th month apply to extend to Super Visa while it takes 4 months to complete it, means my mum stay illegally in Canada before get approval?
TRV extension also needs to meet the LICO?
Thanks for your reply.

Sincerely,
Kidrobot

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hi Kidrobot
you only need form IMM5708 and supporting documents, such as Bank Statement, Proof Of Income/Lettter metting the LICO (Yes you do need to show the LICO for Only Parents/GP's extention) and also I have provided 1 yr insurance. and in the letter you just explain why she wants to stay in a simple way or whatever you think most appropriate. My father died in 2012 and ther's nobody in my home country to live with and I have also said she wants to stay longer with my kids(that's a great reason for any Grandmother/father). And also her immigration is in process, got approved from Miss and went to Singapore, also mentioned in the Invitation letter. let me know if you need to know more or any help.

TO30

PW87

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Baroda, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know if I can co-sign for super visa for my mother-in-law. My wife currently unemployed and landed in Canada month ago.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
toronto30 said:
Hi Kidrobot
you only need form IMM5708 and supporting documents, such as Bank Statement, Proof Of Income/Lettter metting the LICO (Yes you do need to show the LICO for Only Parents/GP's extention) and also I have provided 1 yr insurance. and in the letter you just explain why she wants to stay in a simple way or whatever you think most appropriate. My father died in 2012 and ther's nobody in my home country to live with and I have also said she wants to stay longer with my kids(that's a great reason for any Grandmother/father). And also her immigration is in process, got approved from Miss and went to Singapore, also mentioned in the Invitation letter. let me know if you need to know more or any help.

TO30
It is much more easy to solved the problem since your parents come to Canada with Super Visa. My mum come here with TRV that's why i'm confused whether can change to Super Visa or continue extend to TRV.

From previous post you mentioned:
"as long as you meet the LICO, it can be extended upto two years for TRV, our member USER828 has done it for his folks for 3/4 times, can't exactly remember. "

Thanks toronto30.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hi kidrobot
My mother came with a regular visa, not super visa. And u can ask any question to user828 he is very helpful. Best of luck
To30

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
toronto30 said:
Hi kidrobot
My mother came with a regular visa, not super visa. And u can ask any question to user828 he is very helpful. Best of luck
To30
One more question. Is it we must use the online app to find out whether eligible to extend your stay before apply? Or just straight away register and apply online to extend stay?

Can I provided my bank statement as proof of fund? Because my mum deposit her money in my bank account. She doesn't have a Canadian bank account.

I'm a new PR and haven't find a job yet. Can I help my mum extend her stay?

Thanks Toronto30.

Sincerely,
Kidrobot

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hi Kidrobot
to show proof of financial means I think it's better who ever has jobs to support her, even though you(or your mother has money in the bank) it is very important to show that supporing child enough income to support parents.

you can use online feature to straight to app to extend her stay/change condition app.
But ther's a questionaire to address in order to get to that point, just answer those question and it will take you to right direction and follow the instruction or if you are not confortable, can apply paper application, but takes more time I guess. Good luck.

TO30

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
toronto30 said:
Hi Kidrobot
to show proof of financial means I think it's better who ever has jobs to support her, even though you(or your mother has money in the bank) it is very important to show that supporing child enough income to support parents.

you can use online feature to straight to app to extend her stay/change condition app.
But ther's a questionaire to address in order to get to that point, just answer those question and it will take you to right direction and follow the instruction or if you are not confortable, can apply paper application, but takes more time I guess. Good luck.

TO30
Thanks TO30. I'll try to figure out how to complete the online questions.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hello all,

Has anyone who applied for a Supervisa for their parents needed an ARC? has anyone been granted an ARC?

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Master7 said:
Hello all,

Has anyone who applied for a Supervisa for their parents needed an ARC? has anyone been granted an ARC?
ARC is the best option. but not the must.
T4 and pay checks are also valid.

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
PW87 said:
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know if I can co-sign for super visa for my mother-in-law. My wife currently unemployed and landed in Canada month ago.
If you have enough income, you can co-sign. Make sure you show them your marriage certificate and a good invitation letter plus support letter.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Hi, Is there anyone can share the letter for Visa Officer? For help parents extend TRV. Do I still need to prepare invitation letter for parents?

Thanks everyone.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you contact me directly I have several sample invitation letters I can send you.

Just to clarify on this post for some of the questions.

Can you apply for a super visa if you are visiting Canada with a visitors visa?

Yes you can the requirements are the same as if you applied from your country of origin except you send the documents to the Calgary office that processes these applications.
(this is actually much easier because you can't be denied because you are inadmissible to Canada you are already here and it is also much easier to get medicals done in Canada than in your country of origin)

More good news Thank you Canada!

As of February 2014 all visitors visa application are eligible for a ten year multiple entry visa. This applies to everyone not just parents or grandparents. For those that wanted a Super Visa for short term visits, you no longer need to pay for insurance up front you never use. I would encourage these applicants to apply for a visitors visa the benefits are the same 10 year multiple entry visa except you only but insurance for the duration of the trip. This is really good news since no insurance company will refunds unused premium if you have a claim, this will save people thousands of dollars in insurance premium. This is specifically relevant for super visa applicants that wanted a 10 year multiple entry visa for visits six month or less and needed to purchase one year policies to satisfy the super visa requirements but never actually intended to use all of the coverage.

As an insurance broker I have often dealt with these situations, thank god we live in Canada with the best government in the world that not only listens to Canadians but has the common sense to pass legislation that works to benefit Canadians. We should all send a thank you card to Stephen Harper and the PC government for doing a great job with immigration.

In addition the wonderful law firm hosting this site also deserves our gratitude for making this forum the best on the web.

In you need insurance please contact me directly

Here is a link to my web site for super visa
http://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/super-visa-insurance

Buy Insurance and Get Approved!

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

What is the difference between a single and a multiple entry visa?

Please note the new fees for the Temporary Residents Program and adult citizenship applications.

If you need a visa to come to Canada, you can apply for a visitor visa (also known as a temporary resident visa). There are two types: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A multiple entry visa allows visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

A single entry visa allows you to come to Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

If your visa is still valid and you are travelling only and directly to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you do not need a new visitor visa to return to Canada. If your visa expires before returning to Canada from one of these areas, and you are not in possession of a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry), you will need to get a new visitor visa.

Starting on February 6, 2014 (00:01 EST), all visa applicants will automatically be considered for a multiple entry visa. The visa officer reviewing your application may be able to give you this type of visa even if you applied for a single entry visa.

Link to CIC site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16

For those applying for a super visa within Canada below is the link to the Alberta Processing Centre
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp

Good Luck and Get Approved!

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing....and for sure Canada is awesome....
Gary Goldshmidt said:
If you contact me directly I have several sample invitation letters I can send you.

Just to clarify on this post for some of the questions.

Can you apply for a super visa if you are visiting Canada with a visitors visa?

Yes you can the requirements are the same as if you applied from your country of origin except you send the documents to the Calgary office that processes these applications.
(this is actually much easier because you can't be denied because you are inadmissible to Canada you are already here and it is also much easier to get medicals done in Canada than in your country of origin)

More good news Thank you Canada!

As of February 2014 all visitors visa application are eligible for a ten year multiple entry visa. This applies to everyone not just parents or grandparents. For those that wanted a Super Visa for short term visits, you no longer need to pay for insurance up front you never use. I would encourage these applicants to apply for a visitors visa the benefits are the same 10 year multiple entry visa except you only but insurance for the duration of the trip. This is really good news since no insurance company will refunds unused premium if you have a claim, this will save people thousands of dollars in insurance premium. This is specifically relevant for super visa applicants that wanted a 10 year multiple entry visa for visits six month or less and needed to purchase one year policies to satisfy the super visa requirements but never actually intended to use all of the coverage.

As an insurance broker I have often dealt with these situations, thank god we live in Canada with the best government in the world that not only listens to Canadians but has the common sense to pass legislation that works to benefit Canadians. We should all send a thank you card to Stephen Harper and the PC government for doing a great job with immigration.

In addition the wonderful law firm hosting this site also deserves our gratitude for making this forum the best on the web.

In you need insurance please contact me directly

Here is a link to my web site for super visa
http://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/super-visa-insurance

Buy Insurance and Get Approved!

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

What is the difference between a single and a multiple entry visa?

Please note the new fees for the Temporary Residents Program and adult citizenship applications.

If you need a visa to come to Canada, you can apply for a visitor visa (also known as a temporary resident visa). There are two types: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A multiple entry visa allows visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

A single entry visa allows you to come to Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

If your visa is still valid and you are travelling only and directly to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you do not need a new visitor visa to return to Canada. If your visa expires before returning to Canada from one of these areas, and you are not in possession of a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry), you will need to get a new visitor visa.

Starting on February 6, 2014 (00:01 EST), all visa applicants will automatically be considered for a multiple entry visa. The visa officer reviewing your application may be able to give you this type of visa even if you applied for a single entry visa.

Link to CIC site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16

For those applying for a super visa within Canada below is the link to the Alberta Processing Centre
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp

Good Luck and Get Approved!