+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

pulsarsidhu

Nov 24, 2011
timeline: Super visa applied for parents: Jan 31st, 2012
Medicals Issued: Feb 3, 2012

And Guys, that is from CHd itself, with just one letter of invitation and one letter of intent to visit. Pretty simple letters, No T4's.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
No interview! Straight approval!

Very rarely do they require interview for visitor visas, unless there is a doubt for misrepresentation.

YuliyaD

Feb 15, 2012
Hi All,

I've just read this whole thread. I will be applying for a Super Visa for my grandmother. She's had 4 rejections for TRV. I have filed my income tax for 2011 two days ago and was told that if you file this early on, you will get your NOA within 1-2 weeks. My income is over LICO. Given the fact that I'm actually a lawyer now and am quite ready to put up a good fight if the application is rejected and take this whole issue to the press, it will be very interesting. It's good to know that so many parents and grandparents have been granted Super Visa after being rejected in the past and this gives me some hope.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
YuliyaD said:
Hi All,

I've just read this whole thread. I will be applying for a Super Visa for my grandmother. She's had 4 rejections for TRV. I have filed my income tax for 2011 two days ago and was told that if you file this early on, you will get your NOA within 1-2 weeks. My income is over LICO. Given the fact that I'm actually a lawyer now and am quite ready to put up a good fight if the application is rejected and take this whole issue to the press, it will be very interesting. It's good to know that so many parents and grandparents have been granted Super Visa after being rejected in the past and this gives me some hope.
Good to have a lawyer here. Welcome on board!

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Other people who applied for super visa .. (pulsarsidhu - creampuffs - zstudent - imran007 - jcmal - and all who have applied)
Can you please provide updates ?

My situation:
file submitted 03 jan
medical completed on 20 jan
and still waiting... too long

Juzer

May 27, 2011
@ Goal80...Could you please share with us the information on where you submitted your parents application for super visa and where were you asked to send the medicals to.
My mothers medicals reports have been sent to London. The medicals results have been delivered to London office on 16th according to courier company. Now waiting......

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
goal80 said:
Other people who applied for super visa .. (pulsarsidhu - creampuffs - zstudent - imran007 - jcmal - and all who have applied)

My situation:
file submitted 03 jan
My update

submitted passport after second medical exam of my mother on 7 feb .. still waiting for reply..

mxc-cnd

Feb 18, 2012
Hello everyone, I have read this whole thread and I am glad to read of some successful cases. I am curious if anyone has had Supervisas aproved from Mexico City.
On the official website it states that thhe processing time for Mexico City is 14 days, my mom sent her application on January 18, it has been one month and nothing yet!
Not even medical exams, nothing!
She has come to Canada at least 6 times and always left before her permit expired. This was before Mexicans needed a TRV. I am hoping it is a time delay and that we will hear from them soon. I have a 8 week old baby and we are anxious for my mom to meet the baby in person. Keep our fingers crossed, I guess.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
my updates:
documents sent to the embassy- jan 3rd
medicals done: jan 7th
2nd medicals done: jan 11th (just for my MIL, DIL's meds forwarded to the embassy last jan 25th)
called the clinic for updates: feb 8th ( they said no more problem just need to forward the meds to the embassy)
called the clinic again for updates: feb 18th (they said we need to phone them again on the 24th or 25th of feb)
and now, so sad to say..... WE'RE STILL WAITING!

ugggg, when it is gonna end :(

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
My MIL had a notice from the clinic to have another chest xray done, I believe this is usually done to confirm active TB disease if they found something from initial test. Old scars from TB would still show up on their latest exam if they have prior TB infection, she never or doesnt remember having TB, but isnt they should do some sputum/phlegm exam to diagnose active TB disease.

Anyone here who have gone thru the same additional medical/chest xray exam? Just another hiccup on the processing which will make the waiting game even longer.

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
goal80 said:

My situation:
file submitted 03 jan
Documents submitted: Jan 17, 2012
Additional documents requested via email: Jan 30, 2012
Additional documents submitted in person: Feb 8, 2012
Medicals requested via phone: Feb 9, 2012
Medical forms picked up at Canadian High Comm: Feb 13, 2012
Medical exam completed: Feb 15, 2012

When my mom picked up the medical forms she was told that the application has been reviewed and passed. The only thing pending is medical exam. Once the medical exam passed, they will send her an email to come in to get her visa. She will need to wait at the embassy for about an hour to get the paperwork done.

When she did her medical exam, she was told on the same day that everything looks good (blood work, xray, urine test). The report will be sent to Singapore for processing.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
That's what happened to my MIL, she was asked for another xray exam. She never had any lung problem before. maybe because she has cough and colds when they took her first xray exam..i'm not sure!

you are right, we need to wait longer because of that...it's almost a month now since they took my MIL's 2nd xray.

Eat a lot of patience!!!

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
don't understand why there is long wait after 2nd medical exam?

its being 14 days and no reply...

can they still deny visa ...if reports are ok after second medical exam ??

jignesh_padia

Nov 28, 2010
Super visa is a joke. My mother-in-law applied for super visa. Secured it till 2018 but at the port of entry the officer only granted six months of stay. What do they expect? Us to keep renewing it paying them fees?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jignesh_padia said:
Super visa is a joke. My mother-in-law applied for super visa. Secured it till 2018 but at the port of entry the officer only granted six months of stay. What do they expect? Us to keep renewing it paying them fees?
Did the POE officer show any reason?