+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Yoli999

Feb 5, 2012
Hi all, really new to this form, but I am in similar boat. I’m planning to apply for my mom supper visa in March, My mom (72 years old) is a window too but I have two brother and four sisters all living back home, but mother has been rejected her Visitor visa twice and the reason has been they think won’t return back to her home country. Rejection letter was said that: “Visa officers consider several factors; there may include the applicant’s travel and identity , reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, ties to country of (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely stay Canada at the end of her authorized stay”

I had Refugee status before got my the citizenship in 2004 , I guy that the reason that my mom’s visa keep rejected pls advise what should I do

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Yoli999 said:
Hi all, really new to this form, but I am in similar boat. I'm planning to apply for my mom supper visa in March, My mom (72 years old) is a window too but I have two brother and four sisters all living back home, but mother has been rejected her Visitor visa twice and the reason has been they think won't return back to her home country. Rejection letter was said that: “Visa officers consider several factors; there may include the applicant's travel and identity , reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, ties to country of (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely stay Canada at the end of her authorized stay”

I had Refugee status before got my the citizenship in 2004 , I guy that the reason that my mom's visa keep rejected pls advise what should I do
Your refugee status prior to cizitzenship was a key factor for your mother's TRV application. One of the forum members CalgaryKD had similar issues like yours. His Super Visa was first rejected on the same ground, but later he made it after going to his country himself.

You can turn on Page 7, 9 to look into his scenario and learn from his experience.

Yoli999

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for replying. I saw TRUONGAN and other people’s post about the letters affidavit /emotional. I am really hoping that maybe the emotional letter will help

Juzer

May 27, 2011
Guys i have just received the documents from the courier guy. I have received medical forms only from the embassy. They said my mum should undergo medicals within 30days and the medical reports have to be sent to Regional Medical officer in London. Am taking my mother to the doctor for her medicals just now. I dont want to waste any time. I am so happy today. Its my birthday today....I guess this is the most special birthday ever!!! I hope Medical is the final stage for approval.....All the Best to the other Members. REMEMBER GOD IS GREAT!!!!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Juzer said:
Guys i have just received the documents from the courier guy. I have received medical forms only from the embassy. They said my mum should undergo medicals within 30days and the medical reports have to be sent to Regional Medical officer in London. Am taking my mother to the doctor for her medicals just now. I dont want to waste any time. I am so happy today. Its my birthday today....I guess this is the most special birthday ever!!! I hope Medical is the final stage for approval.....All the Best to the other Members. REMEMBER GOD IS GREAT!!!!
You should begin looking for her air ticket to Canada before the price goes up in the summer (May). My mom got a very good deal from China Airlines.

Juzer

May 27, 2011
I don't want to count my chics before they are hatched. Its so hard to belive. I won't trust this guys until I see the final visa. I think it was a God miracle that they sent medicals. My mum used to wake up in the middle of the night and pray. After 5 years we see some hope. Otherwise it was straight refusals all this time. Rossi I think you are better off using an immigration lawyer. I used the best lawyer in toronto this time.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Juzer said:
I don't want to count my chics before they are hatched. Its so hard to belive. I won't trust this guys until I see the final visa. I think it was a God miracle that they sent medicals. My mum used to wake up in the middle of the night and pray. After 5 years we see some hope. Otherwise it was straight refusals all this time. Rossi I think you are better off using an immigration lawyer. I used the best lawyer in toronto this time.
Whom did you contact and how much did you have to pay? Did you have to fill out "Use of a Representative" form (IMM5476)?

All these years, I never thought of hiring lawyer for any case. It always seemed straight forward to me. Totally irrelevant here, but my wife has just got 10-year US B1/B2 Visa within 2 days though she is here for only 4 months. I still think my mom can get the super visa without any help. But I would definitely consider your suggestion.

Juzer

May 27, 2011
@Rossi I used Niren and Associates. They charged me $1,800. Yes they filled the use of representative form. They wrote a covering letter which was 7 pages long. I think that did the trick. Sometimes you are better off spending some money then getting a rejection. I heard they have rejected super visa for many parents in Chandigar. The requirements of this visa are similar to ordinary TRV so its very tricky. The danger of writting an emotional letter is the officer my think something is "fishy" and that you are desperate to get the visa. Think about it....

ash2012

Feb 12, 2012
My in-laws are applying for a supervisa from India, their passports expire in 2 years. Can they still apply for the 10 year supervisa? Also, if they are only visiting for 6 month, do they still need to purchase medical insurance for 1 year?

automne77

Feb 7, 2010
Hi,

I am a stay at home mom and my husband works as an auditor with one of the BIG 4 auditing firms in Canada. I would like to apply for a super visa for my parents? Does anyone have experience of doing that. Husband's income is way above the LICO.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any experience in applying for supervisa while being unemployed but having a good family income.

We just moved to Canada 5 months ago and my son is very close to my parents, we would like to apply for their multiple entry visa so they can come and go when they like and maintain closeness with our son. Can I mention these points in the invitation letter for TRV for my parents.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
automne77 said:
Hi,

I am a stay at home mom and my husband works as an auditor with one of the BIG 4 auditing firms in Canada. I would like to apply for a super visa for my parents? Does anyone have experience of doing that. Husband's income is way above the LICO.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any experience in applying for supervisa while being unemployed but having a good family income.

We just moved to Canada 5 months ago and my son is very close to my parents, we would like to apply for their multiple entry visa so they can come and go when they like and maintain closeness with our son. Can I mention these points in the invitation letter for TRV for my parents.
I guess you can apply for your parents. In your case, the invitation letter has still be from you and you've to mention that your husband will be taking care of all. Your husband can co-sign or say in another doc that he consents to bear everyone's cost.

You should mention your son missing his grandparents or vice versa. But you don't have to mention that they want to come and go each year or something.

Check gpz100's post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-anyone-applied-as-yet-t92637.0.html;msg1247705#msg1247705

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
ash2012 said:
My in-laws are applying for a supervisa from India, their passports expire in 2 years. Can they still apply for the 10 year supervisa? Also, if they are only visiting for 6 month, do they still need to purchase medical insurance for 1 year?
1- Visa validity (including super visa) cannot exceed the validity of passport, so it's better to renew passport before applying
2- Super visa is not 10 year visa, it's UP to 10 year visa... it can be valid for 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 or... or 10 years maximum.
3- Yes you must purchase a 1 year medical insurance - 100,000$.
Most of the insurance companies will refund you the months not used (when your parents leave Canada). Check this point with the ins. company before buying it.

Juzer

May 27, 2011
My mother has completed her medicals. Today the doctor has sent the medicals to regional office in london. I just wanted to clarrify something. My mother has got high blood pressure. She is taking medicine dialy and it is under control. Can that bring a problem?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Juzer said:
@ Rossi I used Niren and Associates. They charged me $1,800. Yes they filled the use of representative form. They wrote a covering letter which was 7 pages long. I think that did the trick. Sometimes you are better off spending some money then getting a rejection. I heard they have rejected super visa for many parents in Chandigar. The requirements of this visa are similar to ordinary TRV so its very tricky. The danger of writting an emotional letter is the officer my think something is "fishy" and that you are desperate to get the visa. Think about it....
Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't hiring/paying a representative and writing a 7-page long invitation letter show much desperation than writing 1-page letter with a few emotional sentences? And 'desperation' isn't a kew factor I assume. Super Visa will be rejected on a very strong ground (i.e. LICO, medical insurance, medical conditions, sponsor's Canadian status/history etc.).

Re: Chandigarh, India, it has always the highest rate of Visa rejections (nearly 77% last year). And the consular demands most rejections are due to misrepresenations and fradulent Canadian status. Chandigarh Tribune says, the Canadian government are in a bid to facilitate Indian immigrations to provide 25,000 super visas this year as compared to an average of 17,000 last year. So, there is a quota.

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
@truongan and others

To those parents were granted supervisa already, I am curious if they have to undergo an interview from canadian officers as well before they were granted the supervisa. I believe it is included on the processing as per the guidelines, I am just wondering if they waive this requirement on a case to case basis. Thanks.