+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

C

CalgaryKD

Hi Guys,

Thank you for responses and your support. I hope my situation helps others!

Here is the time line.

We applied to Canadian Embassy in Ankara on January 17th. Refusal Letter came back on January 19th. within two days.
Their decision is that they think my mother will not return home! Well whats the point of talking about 10 year visa then. She truly has no intentions of staying here.

As soon as my mother told me that she did not get it yesterday. I booked a flight to Turkey for Saturday. I am flying to Ankara and taking my mother to the consulate. I am a Canadian Citizen and I want some answers or help from someone in the consulate. I will submit all the documents with cover letters and ask the VO to strongly consider the attached documents.

And I already contact Canadian Council for Refugees and I am writing a letter to Jason Kenny as well as my MP here in Calgary.

I will be in Turkey will Feb 1st and hopefully the Consulate will see that I have means to fly back home and my parents can afford to pay the fees again!

If this doesn't work out! I will do everything I can to take any action that law supports me to do, I will not hesitate to protest Super Visa publicly until everyone hears my voice and everybody else here who is eagerly waiting for a family reunification!

Good luck to everyone!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CalgaryKD said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you for responses and your support. I hope my situation helps others!

Here is the time line.

We applied to Canadian Embassy in Ankara on January 17th. Refusal Letter came back on January 19th. within two days.
Their decision is that they think my mother will not return home! Well whats the point of talking about 10 year visa then. She truly has no intentions of staying here.

As soon as my mother told me that she did not get it yesterday. I booked a flight to Turkey for Saturday. I am flying to Ankara and taking my mother to the consulate. I am a Canadian Citizen and I want some answers or help from someone in the consulate. I will submit all the documents with cover letters and ask the VO to strongly consider the attached documents.

And I already contact Canadian Council for Refugees and I am writing a letter to Jason Kenny as well as my MP here in Calgary.

I will be in Turkey will Feb 1st and hopefully the Consulate will see that I have means to fly back home and my parents can afford to pay the fees again!

If this doesn't work out! I will do everything I can to take any action that law supports me to do, I will not hesitate to protest Super Visa publicly until everyone hears my voice and everybody else here who is eagerly waiting for a family reunification!

Good luck to everyone!
Thanks for sharing your bitter experience. I hope you become successful next time.

But some features that might driven your case against you are yet not clear, such as:
(1) Since your are a Canadian citizen, have you ever tried to sponsor your mom for immigration?
(2) Does your mom have other children in Ankara? What about your father?
(3) I guess you met LICO requirements. But is it well over the limit or just by a little margin?
(4) Has your mother any history of past rejection of Canadian Visa?

I'm sorry if I'm being too personal. But as you know, Super Visa is new and lot of us are hoping high for it. Thanks and good luck with your Ankara endeavor.

C

CalgaryKD

Hi Rossei,

My mother did apply for a visitors visa and was turned down before. Go figure!~
She had a permenant residency in Germany lived there most of her life and she chose to stay in Turkey and moved back. My mother and father are divorced and I have a younger sister who will be staying with my father while my mother is in Canada. So she has to go back to take care of my sister.
I am above LICO requirements. I have never wanted to sponsor my parents cuz they dont want to live in Canada. My mother speaks German and Turkish none of them speak any English so its not even worth it. But I will be at the Canadian Embassy in Ankara on Tue morning. I will keep you guys updated.
Cheers,

Juzer

May 27, 2011
Dear Calagary Kid,

Thats the way to go man!! I am also going to fight with them till the end this time if they reject my mother super visa. I think we are many people who are suffering in the hands of this inhuman Canadian VO. We can all come together and raise our voices against them and make sure our voices are heard. We as lawful canadian citizens and permanent residents have full rights to live with our parents and try to give them the best. Our parents have taken care of us and brought us into this world. Did you write on the Form that it is a Parent Super visa? I feel maybe the VO thought you are applying for ordinary TRV that is why he rejected it. Am sure that has been the case. As informed by our friend Truongan that when he spoke to the Minister Kenney assistant he informed him that VO are asked not to reject parent super visa on family ties grounds.

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
#Calgary Kid

Thats the spirit! As you've said I think the VO took your mom's application as a mere tourist visa application. Its obvious that not all VOs were alerted regarding the supervisa otherwise things would've turned out differently.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
I hope my mom will get the visa as she already completed medical a week ago.

BUT

If something happens unexpected, I will fly to Ottawa to meet the man who made the annoucement about Super Visa and paused the parental sponsorship - to tell him that "with high respect I would like to keep you informed that your staff at visa offices are making you ashame".

Canada will lose its reputation for refusing parents of immigrants, what's the point of taking in fraud refugee claims and refusing parents of Canadian tax-payers. The mentality here is refugees can contribute more in this country than the parents?

Even children in Canada make one step back to take full responsibility of their parents, the visa is still refused, that is totally unacceptable.

Is there any country in the world that has such obvious discrimination against parents of ITS CITIZEN - but still proudly claim itself 'the most generous immigration system'????????????????????????????? :-\

C

CalgaryKD

Hi Truongan,

I agree with everything that u say. I'm sure your mother will be successful since they called her in for medicals. My mother received a straight answer of NO! without even doing any medicals. Well its my luck I guess but I will not back down for unfairness. I have the right for my parents to see my convocation, my wedding and where I live, work and do everyday. This refusal DOES make me feel like a second class citizen! So fight has just began my man :)

Good luck to all of your parents who applied!

pulsarsidhu

Nov 24, 2011
Truongan,

Can I please ask you a question, In the forms you applied from your mother..How much stay time she mentioned to live in CanadaÉ Is it one year, two year or ten years

I am councious what should my parents write in forms, one, two or more..

Any suggestions are welcomed..

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
pulsarsidhu said:
Truongan,

Can I please ask you a question, In the forms you applied from your mother..How much stay time she mentioned to live in CanadaÉ Is it one year, two year or ten years

I am councious what should my parents write in forms, one, two or more..

Any suggestions are welcomed..
she asked for one year ! but POE may give her 2 years.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Anyone knows how the super visa looks like ?
Is it a sticker on the passport or a separate paper ?

I'm asking this question because there is no passport with 10 years of validity.
If the visa is a sticker on the passport, what should be done when the passport expire ?

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
goal80 said:
Anyone knows how the super visa looks like ?
Is it a sticker on the passport or a separate paper ?

I'm asking this question because there is no passport with 10 years of validity.
If the visa is a sticker on the passport, what should be done when the passport expire ?
If the passport expires it will not pose any problem...valid visa's in expired passports are still valid. You would just need to apply for a new passport and always keep/show both the expired (with the valid visa stamp) and new passport together.

C

CalgaryKD

Hey guys,

Government only gives the visa up to the expiry date of the passport. If your passport has 2 years until it expiries, you will only get 2 years of multiple entry visa (So called super visa). on CIC's website they ask you to renew your passport before you apply for the visa. So you only get 10 years if your passport i valid for 10 years.

Cheers,

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have many clients who have applyed for the Super Visa after they purchased insurance from Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc. What I am finding is if the application does not include proof of insurance it automatically rejected. If everything is filled correctly the next step is the medical, is it a good sign yes but this is only part of the process which is required to obtain a Super Visa. The other gentleman is correct at this time GMS insurance is the cheapest but this not due to low rates but simply the fact that they have a higher deductible. I have recieved emails from other insurance companies and they are all looking to make their insurance more affordable and tailor made specifically for the Super Visa so I do expect good things to coming from these changes.

Hope this answers some of the questions on this post.

Gary Goldshmidt
Managing Director
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Toronto Tel 416.410.4393
Email: gary@stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Gary Goldshmidt said:
I have many clients who have applyed for the Super Visa after they purchased insurance from Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc. What I am finding is if the application does not include proof of insurance it automatically rejected. If everything is filled correctly the next step is the medical, is it a good sign yes but this is only part of the process which is required to obtain a Super Visa. The other gentleman is correct at this time GMS insurance is the cheapest but this not due to low rates but simply the fact that they have a higher deductible. I have recieved emails from other insurance companies and they are all looking to make their insurance more affordable and tailor made specifically for the Super Visa so I do expect good things to coming from these changes.

Hope this answers some of the questions on this post.

Gary Goldshmidt
Managing Director
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Toronto Tel 416.410.4393
Email: gary @ stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca
Can you please provide the source of your information? The usual practice at Visa Offices abroad is that: medical will not be requested until the other criteria are met - this is true in 90% of cases.

Most of us here are immigrants and are very experienced with CIC procedure. I don't believe you understand about CIC as much as we do.

I am not aware that they will require Medical before accessing Super Visa application. So if you, as an insurance broker somehow know the procedure of Super Visa, please shed more lights for us here, but with the source: Who said that? When? and Where?

Otherwise, please stop giving misleading information by your guesses. And you dont have to appear in every single post here for your business.

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
TRUONGAN said:
Can you please provide the source of your information? The usual practice at Visa Offices abroad is that: medical will not be requested until the other criteria are met - this is true in 90% of cases.

Most of us here are immigrants and are very experienced with CIC procedure. I don't believe you understand about CIC as much as we do.

I am not aware that they will require Medical before accessing Super Visa application. So if you, as an insurance broker somehow know the procedure of Super Visa, please shed more lights for us here, but with the source: Who said that? When? and Where?

Otherwise, please stop giving misleading information by your guesses. And you dont have to appear in every single post here for your business.
Seconded