+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
hi , same here , it's been 7 weeks since I applied for my mom, I haven't got any response yet , applied in August , now running October, are they delaying with everyone or what could be the reason behind it , I really have no idea :(

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
Hi All,

Can someone help me with the following:

I am Canadian Citizen with income more than LICO. All other documents were attached as per Super Visa requirements. I had my invitation/sponsor letter prepared by a lawyer in which I took full responsibility under Canadian oath to make sure my mother leaves Canada before her authorized stay.

My mother's super visa got refused because of:

- Family ties in Canada and home country.

There is no other reason explained.

Now her visit visa was also refused in 2014 because of (Travel history, family ties and purpose of visit)

Although she has travel extensively to UK/USA/Italy/Saudi Arabia/ and still hold a valid 5 years multiple USA visitor visa.

My mother is a widow. We are 3 siblings (sister, brother, myself) I have an older brother, his 2 children/wife and my mother's mother live in her home country. My sister lives in UK and I am in Canada.

Please let me know how can I rectify this so called "Family ties in Canada and home country" She has no intention of staying in Canada whatsoever. The only purpose is to spend sometime with me in Canada as I cannot take more than 3 weeks from work so I would like her to stay with me for 4-6 months possibly if she doesn't get bored but she WILL go back for sure.

This implies parents who have ONLY one child can never visit their child?? This is discrimination and treating like 2nd class citizen.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
"This implies parents who have ONLY one child can never visit their child?"
And you also specified that you have siblings, so I don't understand your question.

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
vitlen said:
"This implies parents who have ONLY one child can never visit their child?"
And you also specified that you have siblings, so I don't understand your question.
@ vitlen: Thanks for your reply

It was a 'generic comment' that 'what if' someone is only child. It does not apply to my mother's super visa case.

My mother is a widow. We are 3 siblings (sister, brother, myself) I have an older brother, his 2 children/wife and my mother's mother live in her home country. My sister lives in UK and I am in Canada.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
saif_21 said:
Hi All,

Can someone help me with the following:

I am Canadian Citizen with income more than LICO. All other documents were attached as per Super Visa requirements. I had my invitation/sponsor letter prepared by a lawyer in which I took full responsibility under Canadian oath to make sure my mother leaves Canada before her authorized stay.

My mother's super visa got refused because of:

- Family ties in Canada and home country.

There is no other reason explained.

Now her visit visa was also refused in 2014 because of (Travel history, family ties and purpose of visit)

Although she has travel extensively to UK/USA/Italy/Saudi Arabia/ and still hold a valid 5 years multiple USA visitor visa.

Please let me know how can I rectify this so called "Family ties in Canada and home country" She has no intention of staying in Canada whatsoever. The only purpose is to spend sometime with me in Canada as I cannot take more than 3 weeks from work so I would like her to stay with me for 4-6 months possibly if she doesn't get bored but she WILL go back for sure.

This implies parents who have ONLY one child can never visit their child?? This is discrimination and treating like 2nd class citizen.

This is something no one can answer actually. This is the most common reason they show whenever they refuse an application. However, my suggestion would be to show few things when you apply next time (may be you have already shown but still got refused, that happens all the time)

1. Your income ( T4 and pay stubs)
2. you have family in Canada
3. You do have an apartment with more than one bedroom so that she does not face any problem with accomodation
4. You have a car so she wont have any problem with transportation
5.Whatever document you can show to show you are a stable resident in Canada

From your mother's part
1. Her properties ( best to show if she has a property that pays her rent and she is the landlord, as a result, she has to come back and take care of that)
2. your other siblings are dependent on her
3. She has any other responsibilities to maintain back home
4. if there are other grand kids back home and she is so attached with them
5. Anything else that would prove her attachment
6. Sign a notarized document where she will mention she wont stay a single day more that she is allowed

These are just some DOs those however do not ensure the VISA as this thing depends completely on luck and the mood of the VO.
So best of luck.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hey Guys,
I have a question. I am planning to apply for mom. I just had my landing done 2 weeks ago. My question is can I apply for my mom's super visa while I am waiting for my PR card to arrive.
More specifically, is the landing document sufficient enough in this case?

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
sam001 said:
Hey Guys,
I have a question. I am planning to apply for mom. I just had my landing done 2 weeks ago. My question is can I apply for my mom's super visa while I am waiting for my PR card to arrive.
More specifically, is the landing document sufficient enough in this case?
If I recall - the document asks for proof of PR, acceptable proof is PR card or landing document.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Thanks for this great thread .I have got most of the answers but I have few questions of my own though:
1. My PR Card got expired and I am in process of getting it renewed. Will it be fine if I apply? I am employed and LICO is perfectly fine.
2. My mother has the house in the name back home and my father has a registered business in his name. My sister has already came to Canada on PR. So no sibling ties. Will the property and business ties good enough?
3. Regarding insurance, when does it start? the day I buy it or the day my parents land? So, I need to pay upfront or pay when my parents land?

Thanks.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
To blueboy

Not sure about the first 2 questions, so you may want to wait till some other guys check out the thread.

As for the third one, once you make a purchase of a medical insurance policy for Super Visa, you will be selecting the Effective Date (the date your insurance coverage starts). Just note that you need to have at lest 1 year of coverage (365 days) at the time you send in your application as well as the proof of medical insurance coverage to CIC.

If you haven't got into browsing insurance options, you may get started here to get a quote or learn about the coverage - Super Visa Insurance

Last edited:

nghile

Oct 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
15/12/2015
Doc's Request.
no
AOR Received.
06/02/2016
File Transfer...
SA 19/02/2016 AOR2 26/02/2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/06/2016 - sent 06/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/06/2016
LANDED..........
August , 2016
Hi all , I would like to apply super visa for my parents but i have no idea about this. Could you guys give some instruction about how to apply, what forms need to flll out... Thank you.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Tigurius said:
If I recall - the document asks for proof of PR, acceptable proof is PR card or landing document.
Thanks. That makes sense actually.

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Might help if you go to page one lots of detailed information there.........or just going to CIC Website under supervisa all forms and instructions are there.

nghile said:
Hi all , I would like to apply super visa for my parents but i have no idea about this. Could you guys give some instruction about how to apply, what forms need to flll out... Thank you.

nghile

Oct 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
15/12/2015
Doc's Request.
no
AOR Received.
06/02/2016
File Transfer...
SA 19/02/2016 AOR2 26/02/2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/06/2016 - sent 06/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/06/2016
LANDED..........
August , 2016
Zimgyal said:
Might help if you go to page one lots of detailed information there.........or just going to CIC Website under supervisa all forms and instructions are there.

Thank you.