+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa and PR card

Sep 12, 2014
So we need to receive PR card before applying for Super visa for parents? I recently got PR and still waiting for PR card. However, when we applied Super visa for my mom, she only got V1 multiple entry visa. PS: I submitted as required documents including 1 year medical insurance, still got only V1. Please advice.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So we need to receive PR card before applying for Super visa for parents? I recently got PR and still waiting for PR card. However, when we applied Super visa for my mom, she only got V1 multiple entry visa. PS: I submitted as required documents including 1 year medical insurance, still got only V1. Please advice.
You probably did not submit at least one NOA i.e. you could not prove that you meet LICO

Sep 12, 2014
You probably did not submit at least one NOA i.e. you could not prove that you meet LICO
I did submit my pay stubs as metioned on CIC website. Pay stubs, my bank statements and my mom’s bank statements are submitted as financial proofs and emoloyment proofs. As its mentioned in CIC website NOA or pay stubs, I felt either one is enough.

Sep 12, 2014
I submitted paystubs and employment letter and bank statements for financial proofs. I just want to know if holding PR card is mandatory before application of super visa for or we can apply super visa immediately after getting landing documents after boarder crossing.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I did submit my pay stubs as metioned on CIC website. Pay stubs, my bank statements and my mom’s bank statements are submitted as financial proofs and emoloyment proofs. As its mentioned in CIC website NOA or pay stubs, I felt either one is enough.
For a super visa, you need to prove you consistently meet the income requirements. Hence, at least one NOA + proofs of financials

Sep 12, 2014
For a super visa, you need to prove you consistently meet the income requirements. Hence, at least one NOA + proofs of financials
Got it. But can i also know the about point that if we need to hold PR card before applying for supervisa or can we apply immediately after taking landing document and waiting for PR card.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Got it. But can i also know the about point that if we need to hold PR card before applying for supervisa or can we apply immediately after taking landing document and waiting for PR card.
The key point is you must be able to prove that you consistently meet LICO.

You are a PR after you complete your landing formalities and your parent can apply for a super visa anytime after that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have only recently arrived in Canada your mother only received a TRV because a supervisa would make it seem like she has moved with you to Canada. Once you have proof you can meet LICO at your Canadian job you will likely have a much better chance at a supervisa.