+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hi all,

Timeline of my mothers supervisa application.

Visitor visa refusal in October 2022

Supervisa Applied in GC Key through a representative
Country - India
Supervisa Application: 22/Nov/2022
Biometrics Updated from previous visitor visa application: 23/Nov/2022
Medicals: Upfront
Medical Passed: 29/Nov/2022
Passport request : 23/Dec/2022
Congrats for it. Can you confirm the insurance company which you used, how many days before the application submission were the medicals completed (upfront medical) and what documents you prepared for the supervisa?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Super Visa application for Parents

Application submitted - October 11, 2022
Medical Request - Nov 18
Medical Passed - Dec 05
BVL and Passport Request - Dec 9
Congrats for it. Can you confirm the insurance company which you used and what documents you prepared for the supervisa?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hello. My mom's SuperVisa application got approved today (submitted in Dec 2022). Since she has a US green card she wasn't asked to provide her passport for visa stamp, but was rather provided a letter to give the boarder officer upon her entry.
I have a question though. The letter says Validity is 5 years from now, however I was under the impression that super visa is granted for 5 years at a time, but for max 10 years period. Isn't it the case anymore? I also found the 10 year information on this link - The super visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the super visa allows an individual to stay for up to 5 years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&top=16
Also another question, if for example she enters Canada not now but say in one year, will the visa's remaining length be 4 years only? Or it's automatically 5 year after each of her entries withing next 10 years?

Please kindly advise if you know, as we are quite confused (

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Any update?
Still nothing. It's quite frustrating. Their visa office is Abu Dhabi office. I reached out to my MP's office and they contacted IRCC. IRCC got back with the following response:

"Client and spouse's applications are currently under review by a partner agency of the Government of Canada. IRCC has no influence over processing timeframes at that agency."

Not sure what to make of it. I understand processing takes time but this is just ridiculous. The least they could give us is a timeline on when to expect a decision.

• Sad
Reactions: mshariqh90

mshariqh90

Jan 24, 2023
Can my parents get their medical test done before getting the request from IRCC for supervisa application and submit the medical test results through webform?

There is no movement/update on my parents application since it was submitted on November 1 2022. The only update was on Nov 2, 2022 to reflect their fingerprint done in early 2022. Few days ago, the application got a ghost update.

Do you guys think if I get their medical test done and submit results through webform this may expedite the process a bit?

kimjord

Jan 27, 2023
It's called supporting letter for Temporary Residency Visa. Every MP has their own format but they do need some specific for example.

Applicant full name, address, date of birth, purpose of travel, Arrival and departure date

Inviter's name, status in Canada, Address

Hope it helps.
Thanks for your reply. I asked them but they said they do not provide any such letter.

TheKMan

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
Supervisa applied from India through the new portal for both parents

Application submitted - January 28, 2023
Biometric request - Jan 28
Biometric completed - Feb 01
Medical Request - Feb 22
Medicals completed - Mar 01
Medical Passed, BVL and Passport Request - Mar 09

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Supervisa Application for parents
Application submitted: 22 Dec 2022
Biometrics Request: 22 Dec 2022
Biometrics Completed: 27 Dec 2022

No medical request nor movement yet. Yesterday the application changed to: reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. I noticed it in the portal but they didn’t send a message about it.

Do you know how much time they take from this update to send the medical tests request??

AlbertaWorker

Jul 4, 2021
I would like to share my recent experience regarding my parents' Super Visa application. My mother successfully obtained her visa, while my father was requested to undergo further medical examination due to nodules found in his lungs. The examination included sputum culture testing, which typically takes 3 months to process. Only upon a successful result, can he proceed with the medical examination.

However, we received a refusal notice for my father's application recently, citing the reason that he did not attend the medical examination on time. We have already submitted a web-form requesting to re-open the application and attached the email requesting the sputum culture test, but we are uncertain about when we will receive a response.

When I contacted IRCC, they questioned why we did not inform them that my father needed to undergo sputum culture testing, which left us confused. We thought it was part of the standard medical examination process.

In light of this situation, I am considering applying for a regular tourist visa for my father. I would like to know if there are any potential issues with doing so.

I appreciate any insights or advice that you may have regarding this matter.

SCP7

Mar 13, 2023
Parents Super Visa timeline from India:
Submitted: March 3, 2023
PPR, BVL: March 13, 2023

biometrics from last visitor visa applications, 2 refusals.

Reactions: vishalv

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Hello.

i applied for my mother’s super visa on 27 dec2022 through ircc account(new system). She submitted the medical upfront and we received the biometrics request in 3 days after submission. Since then, there has been no movement. Our application havent updated since shbmission of biometrics.

can anyone please guide on thi, anyone who has submiited aplocation from Pakistan recently?

thanks

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Supervisa Application for parents
Application submitted: 22 Dec 2022
Biometrics Request: 22 Dec 2022
Biometrics Completed: 27 Dec 2022

No medical request nor movement yet. Yesterday the application changed to: reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. I noticed it in the portal but they didn’t send a message about it.

Do you know how much time they take from this update to send the medical tests request??
Hi there. I am facing the same situation. Any update on your application?

Mar 15, 2023
Parents Super Visa timeline from India:
Submitted: March 3, 2023
PPR, BVL: March 13, 2023

biometrics from last visitor visa applications, 2 refusals.
Congratulations on getting your visa!
I'm trying to apply for my mother. She was rejected twice last year ( visitor and super visa)
Can you please help me on what all the documents you submitted?
My mom was rejected for " no ties in home country and strong ties in canada"
What was the reason for your visitor visa rejection and how did you overcome the issues?

CECInlandCA

Dec 19, 2018
HI Experts,

Please help.

I applied SuperVisa for my mother (India) back Feb 2022. Now Medical is done but the problem is my mother's Passport is expiring in 6 months.
Would Supervisa will be issued for 6 months ? ( Till the Passport Expiry)
I saw the other posts related to this and people said I have re-apply for Super visa from scratch once it expires.

So I'm planning to renew my mom's passport and send them new passport details.

Can we use Webform to submit the soft copy of new passport ? Please share the process

or any latest process and advise please ?

Timelines

Applications submitted - Feb 25, 2022
Biometrics given - March 4,2022
Same day reflected on the application portal
Medicals letter received - Nov 15, 2022
Medicals Given - Dec 8 , 2022
Additional Medicals Given - March 14 , 2023

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
HI Experts,

Please help.

I applied SuperVisa for my mother (India) back Feb 2022. Now Medical is done but the problem is my mother's Passport is expiring in 6 months.
Would Supervisa will be issued for 6 months ? ( Till the Passport Expiry)
I saw the other posts related to this and people said I have re-apply for Super visa from scratch once it expires.

So I'm planning to renew my mom's passport and send them new passport details.

Can we use Webform to submit the soft copy of new passport ? Please share the process

or any latest process and advise please ?

Timelines

Applications submitted - Feb 25, 2022
Biometrics given - March 4,2022
Same day reflected on the application portal
Medicals letter received - Nov 15, 2022
Medicals Given - Dec 8 , 2022
Additional Medicals Given - March 14 , 2023
I would suggest get the new passport. Try to use the expedite processing option and then submit the new passport via web forms.

Optional, there's no harm to send a webform with the receipt of new passport even if it is in the process of renewal. Just explain the situation a bit in a letter of explanation.