+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
Hey guys, I need some help on my mom travelling to Canada after applying for new super visa. My mothers passport and super visa is expiring mid next year. Right now I'm in India and I got her passport re-issued. Can I apply for her super visa before leaving to Canada as her current visa is still valid for 10+ months? And after approval, can I get my visa stamped within Canada? Please advice

Thanks in advance
hi arvindrags, I pmed you, any update on this? I’m stuck in a similar boat.

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Vienna immigration centre
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
Hi Community,
My parents from Afghanistan applied for a super visa in July 2022. After giving upfront medical exam was approved earlier this year, we were asked to upload a copy of their updated passports since they were expiring soon. I had extended their passports in Dubai and sent them this earlier in August. The other interesting twist is that only for my mother, her visa was approved in July but was then rescinded due to an error. My questions is whether it is abnormal that we have waited this long since I sent them their updated passports? What does it even mean that they asked for updated passports? Can they refuse it at this point? It has been over 45 days since I give them the updated passports.
how many months were left on the almost expired passports when they refused them?

Vikrant1

Oct 17, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Can you please tell me if it is mandatory to include IMM 5645 Family information form while applying for super visa for parents?
Should we get the letter of invitation notarized? Is it mandatory?

Thank you!

simantobd

Oct 30, 2023
Hello
I am preparing invitation letter for my mother super visa , need some help

At the beginning, to whom i will write the letter.

To
The Immigration Officer
High Commission of Canada
Address [ i am not sure address will be High commission address in Canada or the address[high commission of Canada] from where my mother will apply]

I will submit online application for super visa

Thanks in advanced

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
Hello
I am preparing invitation letter for my mother super visa , need some help

At the beginning, to whom i will write the letter.

To
The Immigration Officer
High Commission of Canada
Address [ i am not sure address will be High commission address in Canada or the address[high commission of Canada] from where my mother will apply]

I will submit online application for super visa

Thanks in advanced
use the examples you would find on google, there is no need to mention exactly to whom it my concern in particular, the info they need why the visiting and for how long and where they will stay + who will be taking care of living expenses for them. all info is written when you start your application. good luck

Allyshab

Aug 21, 2020
Timeline of supervise for mom
September 20 sent in application along with previous biometrics from old file
Oct 6: medical request
Nov 8: sent in medical (was late due to dr spelling name incorrectly)
Nov 11: medical updated to passed
Nov 14: passport request and bio validity letter

simantobd

Oct 30, 2023
use the examples you would find on google, there is no need to mention exactly to whom it my concern in particular, the info they need why the visiting and for how long and where they will stay + who will be taking care of living expenses for them. all info is written when you start your application. good luck
Thank you Malek

Reactions: A.malek94
Nov 18, 2023
Hello forum experts,

After extensive research and attempting to submit a very thorough and complete application, I unfortunately recently received a refusal letter on my super visa application for my mom, nothing was flagged except the following:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Here is the purpose section of my invitation letter which was reviewed by the officer:

"We would like to invite my mother to visit us in Canada on Super Visa from December 15, 2023 to July 19, 2024. The purpose of her visit will be to spend time with us here in Canada, see other extended family, and also do sightseeing around Canada.

My wife and my mother especially have never been able to spend time together, and would like to get to know each other. My wife's family residing here in Canada would also like to meet her in person.

My mother also has her only two siblings, her two brothers, residing in Canada as Canadian Citizens. This visit will also allow her to reconnect with them after a very long time and see them.

We would also like to show her around Canada, particularly we would like to visit British Columbia with her for sight seeing, and also see extended family and cousins residing in Vancouver."

I did also include a "ties to home country" section in my letter speaking of my father and sisters whom my mother will eventually need to return too, and lack of ties to home country were not flagged in the refusal letter either.

I plan to reapply with a new update which is that my wife and I are now expecting a baby and would like my mother to visit and see and spend time with the baby. Although I have seen discussed on this forum that this could come off as getting free childcare from your visiting parent who is not authorized to work, so appreciate how I can best word this as well.

The visa office was Abu Dhabi in this case, I have requested GCMS notes and will share these as well once received.

I am extremely disappointed and confused as to the reason for this refusal and would greatly appreciate the members' guidance and thoughts so I can best prepare for applying again.

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hello forum experts,

After extensive research and attempting to submit a very thorough and complete application, I unfortunately recently received a refusal letter on my super visa application for my mom, nothing was flagged except the following:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Here is the purpose section of my invitation letter which was reviewed by the officer:

"We would like to invite my mother to visit us in Canada on Super Visa from December 15, 2023 to July 19, 2024. The purpose of her visit will be to spend time with us here in Canada, see other extended family, and also do sightseeing around Canada.

My wife and my mother especially have never been able to spend time together, and would like to get to know each other. My wife's family residing here in Canada would also like to meet her in person.

My mother also has her only two siblings, her two brothers, residing in Canada as Canadian Citizens. This visit will also allow her to reconnect with them after a very long time and see them.

We would also like to show her around Canada, particularly we would like to visit British Columbia with her for sight seeing, and also see extended family and cousins residing in Vancouver."

I did also include a "ties to home country" section in my letter speaking of my father and sisters whom my mother will eventually need to return too, and lack of ties to home country were not flagged in the refusal letter either.

I plan to reapply with a new update which is that my wife and I are now expecting a baby and would like my mother to visit and see and spend time with the baby. Although I have seen discussed on this forum that this could come off as getting free childcare from your visiting parent who is not authorized to work, so appreciate how I can best word this as well.

The visa office was Abu Dhabi in this case, I have requested GCMS notes and will share these as well once received.

I am extremely disappointed and confused as to the reason for this refusal and would greatly appreciate the members' guidance and thoughts so I can best prepare for applying again.
Hi, so sorry to hear this. I totally understand how frustrating it is to get the refusal letter for a program that should almost guarantee the visa. Can you please share your timeline, as well as a list of all the materials you submitted with your application? Parents history with Canadian immigration and if they had refusals in the past? Did they do upfront medical? Do you and your wife meet the LICO requirements? I have an application in processing and would be able to provide some helpful feedback.

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
I’m sorta wondering the same but the only difference is I already submitted my MIL application. She doesn’t really have and major ties to her home country other than family. She doesn’t own property nor does she have savings. She does have A husband and her 2 daughter and 2 grandchildren. I know so many ppl advise against purchasing tickets prior to application approval unfortunately it was the only way we could prove that she would leave Canada at the end her stay.
hello did you get the visa approved?

afr741

Mar 28, 2017
Supervisa timeline:
-Applied October 31
- Biometrics letter request: November 1
- Medical request: November 30
-Submitted medical: december 5
- passport request: december 14

- requested entry date to Canada: december 26

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
Hi All,

I applied super visa for my mom and her visiting visa got refused twice before from Pakistan

Application Submitted 02 Jan 2023
Upfront Medical attached and biometric from privious application
No update since other then confirmation of submission
Request for sending Passport May 03 today
Alhamdullilah
Hi, did you show any home ties?

Aqsa Mumtaz

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Hi everyone I applied my parents super visa on 30th August, from Pakistan on 30th September biometrics were done. After that no update anyone knows how long it will take? Or plz share your timelines

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
Hi everyone I applied my parents super visa on 30th August, from Pakistan on 30th September biometrics were done. After that no update anyone knows how long it will take? Or plz share your timelines
I have same issue, applied on 23 of October,
Biometrics request was 24 of October,
Biometrics done on 25 of October,
I didn't hear anything back nor I saw an update on the IRCC Portal.
It's driving me crazy.

Reactions: Aqsa Mumtaz

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
I received a medical exam request on 11th of Mar.
This brings it to 4 and half months of waiting after submitting the application and biometrics.
Good luck.