+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for sharing. However I’m not sure if they have any standard guidelines or process for this scenario. Yesterday my sister did manage to call IRCC and they told as long as they have a valid visitor visa travelling shouldn’t be an issue.And if we get PPR request while they are in Canada we can submit a webform to explain. Also my understanding was parents have to be in home country while submitting the application. Not really sure at this point how to proceed.
Thanks for the info

Jan 8, 2022
Hi everyone, I applied for my Parents supervisa from India (Punjab).
Application submitted - 15 sept
Biometrics - 5 Oct
My dad's biometric received - 6 Oct
but my mom's biometrics were showing as pending even though they both had at the same time same centre
Mom's biometric received - 26 NOV
I applied via GC Key

Is this normal? I thought the processing time was around 50 days but it took them 50 days just to process both of their biometrics :(

Should I also apply with new portal ?

I was just applying through new portal. It asks for INSURANCE LETTER?
I dont really know when they will be here (delays in processing etc), so what date should I have the insurance company put on the Insurance letter? Can anyone please help..

Last edited:

FromIndiatoCanada20

Sep 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I applied for my Parents supervisa from India (Punjab).
Application submitted - 15 sept
Biometrics - 5 Oct
My dad's biometric received - 6 Oct
but my mom's biometrics were showing as pending even though they both had at the same time same centre
Mom's biometric received - 26 NOV
I applied via GC Key

Is this normal? I thought the processing time was around 50 days but it took them 50 days just to process both of their biometrics :(

Should I also apply with new portal ?

I was just applying through new portal. It asks for INSURANCE LETTER?
I dont really know when they will be here (delays in processing etc), so what date should I have the insurance company put on the Insurance letter? Can anyone please help..
For insurance start date, this is how I am doing. I have future date on insurance (like couple of months) and then I can always postpone the start date as long as I inform them a week or two advance about the new start date.

Jan 8, 2022
For insurance start date, this is how I am doing. I have future date on insurance (like couple of months) and then I can always postpone the start date as long as I inform them a week or two advance about the new start date.
Thanks! I just purchased the insurance with similar agreements. Any views on delays ? Should I apply on the new portal or just wait on GC Key?

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
i havent submitted it yet.still confused:-((.
So then you should be able to add...if you already added and trying to replace it always shows like "changed", but last one will get submitted. go ahead..

FromIndiatoCanada20

Sep 21, 2021
Thanks! I just purchased the insurance with similar agreements. Any views on delays ? Should I apply on the new portal or just wait on GC Key?
I have applied super visa 2nd time on September 24 and since then I am waiting. Lately, I tried to get advise from couple of visa agents and both of them are advising to wait.

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
I have a urgent question if someone could reply.

I applied for my Dad supervisa last year (it took 13 months to get medical). I finally got the passport request and it says
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

My dad passport is expiring in 2025. I applied for the visa with the intention that it will be good for 10 years but as the letter states that they cannot issue a visa beyond passport expiry.

My question is , if i renew my dad's passport for 10 years validity, is it ok to do it despite the orignal application i filled last year would have the old passport with (2025 validity). Can i simply renew passport (2 days to get new passport) and send new passport for visa as a response to passport request. or there is a chance of rejection that they might say "Passport sent doesnt match the passport provided with orignal application"?

Please help
Hello Salman,
13 months a long time but am happy finally your parents got passport request.
I applied super visa for my mother through online portal GCKEY in November 2021.
I don’t how long will take to process the application.
Did you apply through GCKEY? Have you applied online or your parents apply paper based application?
My mother from Pakistan as well.
Please advise
Thank you
Najabad

CECInlandCA

Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

Stupid question please:

I'm planning to apply for my mother's Super Visa but I'm not sure if She will come or not. So, Could you please advise any the Super Visa Insurance Company/Plan for 100k coverage for one year where the Premium I can pay once my mother land in Canada, I mean I do not want to pay upfront rather I want to Pay Insurance premium Monthly/Annually once she arrives in Canada.

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hi All,

Stupid question please:

I'm planning to apply for my mother's Super Visa but I'm not sure if She will come or not. So, Could you please advise any the Super Visa Insurance Company/Plan for 100k coverage for one year where the Premium I can pay once my mother land in Canada, I mean I do not want to pay upfront rather I want to Pay Insurance premium Monthly/Annually once she arrives in Canada.
I think destination Canada has it monthly. So you will need to pay like 2 months i think first and then rest starts when she lands in canada... Mostly other insurances are to be paid one time.

shadowtwixy

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Good day. Question for folks who have reapplied via the new IRCC portal for supervisa. Where exactly in the new application does it ask if you have applied previously? Where have you provided the GCkey application number in the new IRCC portal?

Sidhu555

Oct 9, 2021
Good day. Question for folks who have reapplied via the new IRCC portal for supervisa. Where exactly in the new application does it ask if you have applied previously? Where have you provided the GCkey application number in the new IRCC portal?
I guess it's at the very first stage, when you start on www.cic.ca, you select apply visitor or visit, then it asks have you applied before. if yes, fill previous appli no

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all guys are doing fine.

I am a Canadian Citizen and planning to apply Super Visa for my parents. They have been to Canada on Visitor Visa before. I am confused about medical and insurance.

For medical should I ask them to get upfront medical done or will CIC ask them to do medical once they have submitted the file. Which one is better ?

For insurance how it will work ? If I get insurance now will the payment start from the date I get insurance or it will start from the day they will land in Canada ?

Also if anyone know if Canada will reopen Parents Grandparents sponsorship ? I have never applied before but this time for sure I will try my chance ?

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all guys are doing fine.

I am a Canadian Citizen and planning to apply Super Visa for my parents. They have been to Canada on Visitor Visa before. I am confused about medical and insurance.

For medical should I ask them to get upfront medical done or will CIC ask them to do medical once they have submitted the file. Which one is better ?

Upfront is better, but you can wait for their request as well.

For insurance how it will work ? If I get insurance now will the payment start from the date I get insurance or it will start from the day they will land in Canada ?

Insurance needs to be taken before sending the application. Payment will get deducted, but starts from the date they land. There are companies that offer monthly plan too i think...So no need to pay amount in bulk.

Also if anyone know if Canada will reopen Parents Grandparents sponsorship ? I have never applied before but this time for sure I will try my chance ?

Not sure, even i am waiting, heard its in Aug2022.
Responses above.