Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Hey Guys,

My Profile:- CRS score: 480, Eligibility met: CEC and FSW, Married, not accompanying Spouse and Spouse is here in Canada staying with me. ( With spouse CRS = 458)

Been in EE since its inception, waiting waiting and waiting and finally got the ITA in Dec, 2016. :)

Now, doing all the POST ITA stuff and struggled in preparing the LOE for not including the Spouse. Honest reason I mentioned is including spouse would reduce my CRS to 458 , couldn't get ITA, blah blah, blah..

BUT, after today's draw, I started changing my mind to include my spouse and 'hoping' ( this is BIG word now) to get ITA in next draw where both my wife and I would be getting the PR together.

If I submit my profile with current ITA, I think the reason i am telling to visa officer might not persuade as per the current draw trend. He may ask why not you included your spouse if the scores are dropping down and down.

Future hiccups I may have if i decline the current ITA and wait for CRS 458:
Feb 17, 2017 - My eligiblity requirement under CEC will be gone. ( will be under FSW)
March, 19, 2017 - I will be thirsty 30th, My birthday! - Minus 5 points ---> 453
April, 18th, 2017 - My current IELTS will be expired and including new IELTS score will reduce my points to 442.

What you guys would do if you were in my ( God forbid) situation? I know EE draws trend is hypothetical .. just throw some light? Please.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ReddyCan said:
Hey Guys,

My Profile:- CRS score: 480, Eligibility met: CEC and FSW, Married, not accompanying Spouse and Spouse is here in Canada staying with me. ( With spouse CRS = 458)

Been in EE since its inception, waiting waiting and waiting and finally got the ITA in Dec, 2016. :)

Now, doing all the POST ITA stuff and struggled in preparing the LOE for not including the Spouse. Honest reason I mentioned is including spouse would reduce my CRS to 458 , couldn't get ITA, blah blah, blah..

BUT, after today's draw, I started changing my mind to include my spouse and 'hoping' ( this is BIG word now) to get ITA in next draw where both my wife and I would be getting the PR together.

If I submit my profile with current ITA, I think the reason i am telling to visa officer might not persuade as per the current draw trend. He may ask why not you included your spouse if the scores are dropping down and down.

Future hiccups I may have if i decline the current ITA and wait for CRS 458:
Feb 17, 2017 - My eligiblity requirement under CEC will be gone. ( will be under FSW)
March, 19, 2017 - I will be thirsty 30th, My birthday! - Minus 5 points ---> 453
April, 18th, 2017 - My current IELTS will be expired and including new IELTS score will reduce my points to 442.

What you guys would do if you were in my ( God forbid) situation? I know EE draws trend is hypothetical .. just throw some light? Please.
best bet , proceed with this one and add your spouse to your application after you have submitted your E-Apr .

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
best bet , proceed with this one and add your spouse to your application after you have submitted your E-Apr .
He cannot do that as he's already married.

Honestly, up to you. You're taking a big risk so I don't want to persuade you or dissuade you to do something you might regret.

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
DelPiero07 said:
He cannot do that as he's already married.

Honestly, up to you. You're taking a big risk so I don't want to persuade you or dissuade you to do something you might regret.
Thank you OMG_Chak. and DelPier.

However, I'm not having that risky fingers to hit the 'Decline Invitation' button. ( Gave a fresh thought in the morning today )

Anyway, Could anyone of you tell me what is " adding spouse later with e-APR" ? - I don't really know about it , Just curious.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ReddyCan said:

However, I'm not having that risky fingers to hit the 'Decline Invitation' button. ( Gave a fresh thought in the morning today )

Anyway, Could anyone of you tell me what is " adding spouse later with e-APR" ? - I don't really know about it , Just curious.
Oh that's just something recommended for people who aren't married but are planning to get married after submitting their e-APR.

If they do the above their points do not get recalculated and they simply need to submit the spouse's medical,PCC, passport and marriage certificate.

Since you're already married this doesn't apply to you.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ReddyCan said:

Trust me i went through that just yesterday (declined ITA recvd on DEC 22 )and with the current trend you will Get an ITA , Dont Worry but then again , It's your call ;

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decline ITA, add your spouse and wait till the next draw. If by the next draw you dont get an ITA with your new score, update your profile and go back to your previous score.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I have looked in to this and learnt that sponsoring for spouse separately could be a really painful deal with several years of wait particularly if your spouse is in Canada. You also carry an extra risk of convincing them with a legit reason for not bringing spouse.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best possible solution in your case I can provide is below,

Do not do anything with your current ITA and e-APR leave as it is till next couple of Draw. You got ITA in Dec so I think you have till Mid March to Submit application. Just keep the application in ready stat as if you can just pay fees and click submit you are done.

Now About your wife situation, Create new GCKey and New job bank profile. Create entire new EE application with spouse. CRS 458 and if you get ITA by next draw of Feb 17, proceed with this new profile and Decline existing one.

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
newbutterfly said:
Decline ITA, add your spouse and wait till the next draw. If by the next draw you dont get an ITA with your new score, update your profile and go back to your previous score.
this sounds like an idea.. ill keep an eye on this.. thanks !

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Batman_is_Real said:
Best possible solution in your case I can provide is below,

Do not do anything with your current ITA and e-APR leave as it is till next couple of Draw. You got ITA in Dec so I think you have till Mid March to Submit application. Just keep the application in ready stat as if you can just pay fees and click submit you are done.

Now About your wife situation, Create new GCKey and New job bank profile. Create entire new EE application with spouse. CRS 458 and if you get ITA by next draw of Feb 17, proceed with this new profile and Decline existing one.
To be honest, I had the same idea since long time BUT could it be any possibility of knowing about this hack to Immigration people ?

If yes, I am screwed for 5 years ( misrepresenting) for applying a PR.

Even if it sounds smart, I would never do that.

Anyway, thanks mate.. :)

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
DelPiero07 said:
Oh that's just something recommended for people who aren't married but are planning to get married after submitting their e-APR.

If they do the above their points do not get recalculated and they simply need to submit the spouse's medical,PCC, passport and marriage certificate.

Since you're already married this doesn't apply to you.
Thanks Del..

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Does anyone know the rationale behind allowing people to apply this way, if there is a justification, what would be a reasonable time frame to apply for sponsorship through family route if one becomes PR through this way? It could very well be termed as misrepresentation even if someone applies after several years. It gives 25+ points, and could assure a PR for someone in 440s. By primary applicant becoming PR, they assure a PR for family members any ways, which would be a attractive option for someone losing points because of age. It's just a wait for a year or two, they still get a route to immigrate which wouldn't have been otherwise possible.

As far as I know, Australian system doesn't differentiate between married or unmarried people for any criteria, although they give points for spouse work experience and IELTS.

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
OK - I finally got the risky fingers and declined the ITA, added my wife.

Current CRS 458 - will see in next draw.