AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Hey guys.. Just wanted some input, maybe someone has been in the similar situation or knows one. So I am in PR process, received MR. Have medicals scheduled next week. I am working for my employer for 2 years. 3 months ago he assigned me to a new position, that has nothing to do with my background or education. He knew very well that I had no experience in that field. Also, he didn't give me much choice, I've been told that I have to accept it, and he will train me himself. However, I hadn't received any formal training, and basically was learning things on the job. Which of course, includes making some mistakes due to lack of knowledge, no one to consult, and huge workload and stress. However, my boss was tolerating those small mistakes, until 3 weeks ago I've informed him that I am pregnant. Ever since I started received bad performance emails, him picking on every smallest thing that is not done or not done properly or have not been done even when I was not in the position. In 2 weeks period I received 7 emails about my bad performance. The last of them was a final 2 weeks warning. I consulted with Human Rights Legal advice center, and they told me that this is a clear gender discrimination and harassment due to pregnancy. If my boss will terminate me in 2 weeks, I am planning on suing him to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario...

My question is: can this impact my PR application? Can my employer on purpose to screw me for my residency, how? What if VO will still call to confirm the facts from reference letter and then my employer would say negative things about me/my work/duties? I mean he signed the reference letter himself at the first place.

Thanks for opinions..

melgirl

Mar 16, 2014
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your employer. But if you applied for your PR through Canadian Experience Class then you're good. You don't need to be employed with your employer while you're application is in process and you're troubles with your boss shouldn't affect your application at all.

Be strong and stay strong no matter what! Have a happy pregnancy also

Mel.

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Thanks Melgirl :)

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Pichon said:
Hey guys.. Just wanted some input, maybe someone has been in the similar situation or knows one. So I am in PR process, received MR. Have medicals scheduled next week. I am working for my employer for 2 years. 3 months ago he assigned me to a new position, that has nothing to do with my background or education. He knew very well that I had no experience in that field. Also, he didn't give me much choice, I've been told that I have to accept it, and he will train me himself. However, I hadn't received any formal training, and basically was learning things on the job. Which of course, includes making some mistakes due to lack of knowledge, no one to consult, and huge workload and stress. However, my boss was tolerating those small mistakes, until 3 weeks ago I've informed him that I am pregnant. Ever since I started received bad performance emails, him picking on every smallest thing that is not done or not done properly or have not been done even when I was not in the position. In 2 weeks period I received 7 emails about my bad performance. The last of them was a final 2 weeks warning. I consulted with Human Rights Legal advice center, and they told me that this is a clear gender discrimination and harassment due to pregnancy. If my boss will terminate me in 2 weeks, I am planning on suing him to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario...

My question is: can this impact my PR application? Can my employer on purpose to screw me for my residency, how? What if VO will still call to confirm the facts from reference letter and then my employer would say negative things about me/my work/duties? I mean he signed the reference letter himself at the first place.

Thanks for opinions..
yes this is clearly wrong but I think you have no worries. Just try to stay out of stress. You have the required experience. CEC is about the experience and your ability to economically integrate into Canadian Society. You clearly have these abilities in the eyes of the CEC VO as you would not be at MR now. Your eligibility has been passed. Keep doing your work to the best of your ability, keep all records of your work and of the emails you have been getting. It would be good also to have some evidence of the relationship between your and your employer prior to your notifying him of your pregnancy.

Most of all try not to worry about the CEC process I believe you will be fine.

regs Mutt

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Thanks Muttley.. :)

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pichon said:

Thanks for opinions..
This is considered workplace discrimination. If you have applied for a CEC, you should be safe.

In the mean time, try and print the "bad emails" for future use (i.e. court) and if you have "good" emails prior to informing him of your pregnancy, print those as well and keep for your records.

Good luck.

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Jee786 said:
I would suggest everybody to read this section,

"3 months ago he assigned me to a new position, that has nothing to do with my background or education. He knew very well that I had no experience in that field. Also, he didn't give me much choice, I've been told that I have to accept it, and he will train me himself. However, I hadn't received any formal training, and basically was learning things on the job. Which of course, includes making some mistakes due to lack of knowledge, no one to consult, and huge workload and stress."

Its clearly noticeable , she wasn't doing the job right. And we only know her side of the story. Almost a similar thing happened last year in my company. A woman sued company owner for sexual abuse. The manager in fact a well know guy in town. To be honest, if the woman stand naked in a middle of the street, nobody not even gonna look at her. I am not sure how the manager abused her. He is a 67 years old guy and very nice type guy. Later we found out, she only get paid 9.25$/hr and she was an alcoholic, she got a 41000$ settlement from the owner, because owner didnt want his reputation get lost. She just did that for money.

My point is not to prove you wrong. just a message to others, we soudnt judge after hearing one side of the story and gender basis.

The way I see it is a member of this forum asked for some advice on a situation. People here had given their advice. Nobody is judging anybody here. The advice was given on face value of the request. Throwing in cases of others misdoing is not helpful to our fellow applicant. She asked for advice some gave it. It should be left at that