Med's Done....
Med's delivered to Ottawa (Purolator): 24-09-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
Hi Folks,

I landed today and this probably my last post. Few suggestions:

1. We need to ask the admin of this forum to enable sticky topics. This is very useful for summary of different important topics. e.g. The topic can be "the best possible location to land":
then in the post: for Ontario it says:

The best possible location is not rainbow bridge but it's peace bridge. Rather than dealing with Rude and Mad american border officers at Rainbow bridge you can go to peace bridge and take a u-turn before entering US border. This way you can go directly to Canadian Immigration. In my case the whole process took almost 10 mins. I have no stamped rejection paper from US and I won't be questioned later on upon my entry to US about why I was refused entry. ( believe it or not according to a post in trakkit, they keep record of that rejection) When I searched this forum most of the posts are about Rainbow bridge. We really need to get these sticky posts going for the following reasons:
First; people can find what they are looking after a lot easier.
Second; People won't ask the same questions over and over.
Third; Speed. It's fast and reliable.

All important topics from Medical to timing, NOC business, reference letters and all that can be sticky topics.

Best of luck to all the applicants.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Thanks Kamaleddin! Your point makes lot of sense.

I notice that your NOC is 2171. I belong to the same skill set and will be applying soon. I am good with all docs at my end except that my employer has only given a salary letter (in lieu of Letter of Reference) as a standard format which gives my date of joining, role, annual salary on the letterhead along with name, designation and contact details of the Issuing Authority.

I am left with no choice but listing down my Duties and Responsibilities myself on a plain paper. Can you please share your thoughts on how you addressed this requirement being in the same skill set of NOC 2171.

kamaleddin

Star Member
Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-05-2012
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
You have to get them to put your duties and responsibilities on the same letter. This is very critical because your title is not what defines your NOC. Immigration verifies your code based on your duties. Remember this.

Just like you, my employer also refused to put my duties on my letter as well. So I copied that part of CEC requirement which states what you need to have in the reference letter and sent it in an email to HR and ccd my manager. In my email I told them that you should comply with immigration requirments by law. I fought for it for a month and with the help of a senior manager I finally got HR to put all of my duties in the reference letter. This is crucial to your application. I would say the single most important document in CEC is your reference letter and it should be perfect. Devise a strategy and push your HR. Don't just give up.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Thanks for your inputs.
I have folded up my sleeves and now ready for the fight ;)

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamaleddin, do you mean that you just took a U turn even before going till the US border? I am asking this question because, Canada border officials may be under the impression that you did really go to the US and were coming back. Is it like changing your mind half way through and taking a U turn? Please provide your feedback as your experience may be of a huge help to many other applicants.

kamaleddin

Star Member
Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-05-2012
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
yahoo7 said:
kamaleddin, do you mean that you just took a U turn even before going till the US border? I am asking this question because, Canada border officials may be under the impression that you did really go to the US and were coming back. Is it like changing your mind half way through and taking a U turn? Please provide your feedback as your experience may be of a huge help to many other applicants.
It's funny you asked that. The lady at the customs actually asked me if I entered US or I just U-Turned. I said I took the u-turn and she proceeded with regular custom's questions. There was also no line-up in the morning.
I read this trick on trackitt. Canadian customs on peace bridge is well aware of this and they support it %100.

Kamal

can123

Dec 26, 2010
Kamaleddin, I am in a similar situation as you. My employer doesn't want to
provide an employment letter including job duties, salary, benefits, hours work. All I have is a job offer letter only stating salary, benefits and start date. I fought with my manager to provide me with these and she said it's company policy and they are not obligated to provide these for me. You mentioned that its required that company comply with immigration law. I was wondering if you have any evidence / proof that states that. IF you do, I'm thinking of using that to talk to my manager again. Thank you. I appreciate it.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's really cool...thanks for sharing ur exp..

kamaleddin

Star Member
Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-05-2012
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
can123 said:
Kamaleddin, I am in a similar situation as you. My employer doesn't want to
provide an employment letter including job duties, salary, benefits, hours work. All I have is a job offer letter only stating salary, benefits and start date. I fought with my manager to provide me with these and she said it's company policy and they are not obligated to provide these for me. You mentioned that its required that company comply with immigration law. I was wondering if you have any evidence / proof that states that. IF you do, I'm thinking of using that to talk to my manager again. Thank you. I appreciate it.
I put the link of CIC in my email and I said, this is Canadian immigration rules and you should comply. It scared them enough I guess. I used two reference letters for my application. One was from a small consulting company and in my interview I told them that I need full support for my immigration. They even nominated me for PNP but the position was rejected by CIC. Once I quit that company I asked them for a detailed reference letter. My next company was a big bank which I got engaged in a fight with them. They gave me all that bull*censored word* policy crap that we can't give you anything more than this. But I pushed and pushed on a daily basis till I got it. I originally thought a big ass Canadian bank is not gonna have any problem with such letters. So I never brought it up in my interview. I think all of us applying for CEC should bring the topic of the reference letters up during the interview. Otherwise the position is worthless.
HR in e.g. big banks have pre approved templates for these type of letters. If they have to give you a different one,. someone actually has to spend some time to get approval for that new template for you. I mean instead of surfing the web and shopping they have to sit and work. It's a pain for them and they won't do it for you unless you push.

This is your life and your future. So push and push and push till you hear back. Remember the movie shawshank redemption. This is the part I want you to remember: "For years he gets no response to his weekly letters until the Senate finally sends him $200, thinking Andy will stop requesting funds. Instead of ceasing his letter writing, he starts writing twice as often. His diligent work results in a major expansion of the library's collection, and he also helps a number of prisoners earn equivalency diplomas, preparing them for life after parole."

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Guys,

With 1 year experience coming for CEC, I am sure VO would start taking reference letter as mandatory ...So if you are applying, please include reference letter ...or else dont take chance..

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Folks,

A few things to point out -

(1) Here we are not discussing including or not including reference letter. Reference letter is a mandatory doc and there is no question of skipping it in our CEC package.
(2) 90% of the employers are ready to issue Letter of Reference / Employment Verification Letter. But in their own standard format which usually does not contain details on Duties and Responsibilities.
(3) Though we can point our employer to the CIC requirement requesting to issue Reference Letter containing the Duties and Responsibilities, we need to keep in mind that we are applying for PR in our individual (personal) capacity. The employer will stand by their standard format dismissing CIC format.
(4) We can also throw what Immigration Rules and Laws mandate to our employers in general but then, I have gone through the CIC / HRSDC portal but could not find any specific ruling / Law on either the Employment Verification Letter or Duties and Responsibilities to be contained in it.

Has anyone on this forum found any link / ruling / law / info related to the Employment Verification Letter / Reference Letter by the employer ? This could really pave the way forward for many CEC applicants to keep a finger ON and show to their employer.

Kamaleddin / Senorita - Do you have any thoughts to share ?

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Andy,

I am sorry was not very clear on my previous post but I expected you would understand in the context of discussion. All in all I am just trying to encourage people to include job duties in the reference letter/ employment letter ...so that rejection do not happen.

I know many cases of rejection just because of this ..and yes I have seen cases of approval as well. However, with new CEC rules into effect post Jan 2013, VO might make it mandatory to have job duties listed on employment letter / reference letter on company letter head signed by supervisor.

In some cases, I have seen they call the supervisors / managers on the number that you have mentioned ...So please make sure .

can123

Dec 26, 2010
What if I attach my job duties that I got from my manager in the e-mail though company email system? Would this work? The email has my manager's email signature which has her contact info, job title and department.

Thanks!

cools468

Aug 19, 2010
Hi kamaleddin,

Thanks for sharing this info.

I wanted to land at Peace bridge can you give me more details like how to get to the U turn? I dont want to miss that U turn and if you have any pictures please share. I searched on google map but could not see the U turn.

Also do you know if I can take a cab there and do the landing.

Thanks in advance!

kamaleddin said:
Hi Folks,

I landed today and this probably my last post. Few suggestions:

1. We need to ask the admin of this forum to enable sticky topics. This is very useful for summary of different important topics. e.g. The topic can be "the best possible location to land":
then in the post: for Ontario it says:

The best possible location is not rainbow bridge but it's peace bridge. Rather than dealing with Rude and Mad american border officers at Rainbow bridge you can go to peace bridge and take a u-turn before entering US border. This way you can go directly to Canadian Immigration. In my case the whole process took almost 10 mins. I have no stamped rejection paper from US and I won't be questioned later on upon my entry to US about why I was refused entry. ( believe it or not according to a post in trakkit, they keep record of that rejection) When I searched this forum most of the posts are about Rainbow bridge. We really need to get these sticky posts going for the following reasons:
First; people can find what they are looking after a lot easier.
Second; People won't ask the same questions over and over.
Third; Speed. It's fast and reliable.

All important topics from Medical to timing, NOC business, reference letters and all that can be sticky topics.

Best of luck to all the applicants.