+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions would be highly appreciated...

JNB

Feb 7, 2014
Hello,

I had applied for my PR Renewal along with my 2 kids on 27th Sept. 2013. After submitting the questionnaire in Feb. and all the additional documents for all of us last month I received a letter to pick up my kids PR cards from their Etobicoke office. Which I dis collected.

Now I am planning to travel during summer vacation , recently I called CIC and they mentioned that there is no new update on my status. Can you suggest me what to do should I write a letter to CIC to speed up my process as I am planning to travel as my kids are in higher grades so I wont be able to travel except summer vacation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to change your PR card to urgent processing, you would need to provide proof of travel.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per initial thread your kids got their cards as they meet the RO. In my opinion you won't get urgent processing - my take is that CIC see this as gaming them to speed up processing of RQd files...there is a line up for RQ review and they will get to you when its your turn.

You can always risk a PRTD or re-entry via a US/ Canada land border if you now have the 730 days plus a healthy buffer (to cover your absences and PRTD renewal) but this is usually a bad idea because for PRTD renewal you may get delayed and/or denied rightly or wrongly and for US entry you may get bounced at the US border by CBP. Of course an added risk is what happens if you lose your passport that has the US visa?

In your shoes I'd shelve any 'travel abroad' vacation plans - Canada has plenty to offer...this is a chance to explore what is out there!

JNB

Feb 7, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions Leon and Msafiri, I really appreciate the effort both of you take to reply for everybody in the forum.

Msafiri can you please explain more on ---my take is that CIC see this as gaming them to speed up processing of RQd files...there is a line up for RQ review and they will get to you when its your turn??

I had applied for ATIP records and received it 2-3 days before I could not understand it mush but let me tell you what was written in it may be you can explain me in detail.

PR card received at cic Windsor on 21st jan 2014 for pr determination . File review completed on 31st jan 2014 and initial request package sent to client same date. File is BFD to 9th march 2014 for response. 28th feb 2014 -submission sreceived from client. MFD ......07 march 2014 -received completed pr determination on 28 feb 2014. Cursory review completed on this date . File in queue for TR IAGE

And then above that in a box it says NCB 07 MARCH 2019 WINDSOR R RESIDENCY OBLIGATION.

THEN IT SAYS CIC DATE CREATED 31ST JAN 2014 EXPIRY DATE 07 MAR 2019

Yes I am way more than 730 days now its being 215 days more than the actual 730 days requirement. I have US visa but I am not planning to travel through US or doesnot want to take a chance for PRTD as I have children with me and they are in higher grades so cant afford to take risk for PRTD delay/or denied. My kids have not met my parents since we came to canada so thought of writing to cic to the same officer who is handling my case as a request if he can speed up my process so that during the holidays we all can go and meet the family back home as mentioned earlier my kids are in higher grades so wont be able to travel during the year as they will miss studies.

Your cooperation highly appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is irrelevant that you have 730 days now. The million $ question is did you have 730 days when you applied because that is what they look at.

If you were not a PR yet for 5 years when you applied, it is ok if you don't have 730 days yet as long as you can reach it before your 5 year PR anniversary.

JNB

Feb 7, 2014
Yes, i had 730 days completed in the country before applying my pr renewal the 215 days i m saying is after applying the card in the country.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JNB said:
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions Leon and Msafiri, I really appreciate the effort both of you take to reply for everybody in the forum.

Msafiri can you please explain more on ---my take is that CIC see this as gaming them to speed up processing of RQd files...there is a line up for RQ review and they will get to you when its your turn??.....
As an RQd applicant your file is set to one side for eventual triage review. There are other files in the line before you. If you apply for urgent processing and CIC were to accept this then your file will be assessed before someone else in line ahead of you. Any PR could use 'urgent processing' to force CIC move them up the line. CIC won't let this happen (you are taking over control of the process and they are the one's who are in charge) so any RQd applicant that tries the 'urgent route' usually gets bounced and has to wait until their review turn.

JNB said:
.....I had applied for ATIP records and received it 2-3 days before I could not understand it mush but let me tell you what was written in it may be you can explain me in detail.

PR card received at cic Windsor on 21st jan 2014 for pr determination . File review completed on 31st jan 2014 and initial request package sent to client same date. File is BFD to 9th march 2014 for response. 28th feb 2014 -submission sreceived from client. MFD ......07 march 2014 -received completed pr determination on 28 feb 2014. Cursory review completed on this date . File in queue for TR IAGE

And then above that in a box it says NCB 07 MARCH 2019 WINDSOR R RESIDENCY OBLIGATION.

THEN IT SAYS CIC DATE CREATED 31ST JAN 2014 EXPIRY DATE 07 MAR 2019

BFD = Bring Forward Date and was the date CIC were to review your application and see if you had supplied the required info. You responded prior to the BFD. MFD - I believe this refers to either an instruction/flag to the manufacturer to schedule producing the PR Card or it could be actual physical production of the PR Card with a 5 year expiry date out to Mar 07, 2019. (I think this is a good sign). Did CIC send you just the RQ or did you get an 'absence list' document under separate letter? It seems the cursory review indicated there was enough information on file to proceed to the next step this being a full triage. Windsor has the fastest citizenship processing times in Canada so the crew there earn their coin...you may be through in say 6 months.

JNB said:
....Yes I am way more than 730 days now its being 215 days more than the actual 730 days requirement. I have US visa but I am not planning to travel through US or doesnot want to take a chance for PRTD as I have children with me and they are in higher grades so cant afford to take risk for PRTD delay/or denied. My kids have not met my parents since we came to canada so thought of writing to cic to the same officer who is handling my case as a request if he can speed up my process so that during the holidays we all can go and meet the family back home as mentioned earlier my kids are in higher grades so wont be able to travel during the year as they will miss studies.

Your cooperation highly appreciated.
You stated you had 729 days which is why CIC RQd this - they may have a different date profile from CBSA entry records that knocks off more days than you have. Have you got your CBSA report of entries? CIC are not about to give a PR any special favor to facilitate their travel plans...there is already urgent processing which by default it seems you don't qualify. You should consider your parents visiting or the kids travelling over on their own - its not uncommon especially if they are older teens...there is always the unaccompanied minor service provided by most major airlines.