+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions required

tugga82

Dec 15, 2009
Hello,
I finished my medicals for my pr 3 months ago and my application is processed by Ottawa. That being said, I got engaged last week. I am planning to get married in India in January 2013 I.e in the next 3 months. My fiancé s based out of India. I am just trying to figure out what is the best way to move forward given my current situation. I welcome ur suggestions n answers to these questions.
1. If I get my PR before I go home to get married, I have no option but to sponsor her after I get married?
2. If I don't get my PR, I go home and get married, come back, I'd have to inform CIC about my status change and can I include her in my app. If I do so, I won't get my PR until her case s processed. Correct? How long does this take?
3. Assuming I get my PR before marriage, is it possible to bring her in a visitor visa after marriage and then do an inland processing?
Will be really helpful if u folks can give me some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Apologize if a similar topic has been answered before.
If this question has been covered/posted elsewhere, please do direct me

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
First, what kind of PR did you apply for?
tugga82 said:
1. If I get my PR before I go home to get married, I have no option but to sponsor her after I get married?
Right. India is fast for outland applications though.
2. If I don't get my PR, I go home and get married, come back, I'd have to inform CIC about my status change and can I include her in my app. If I do so, I won't get my PR until her case s processed. Correct? How long does this take?
Correct, (but I don't know how long it will take.)
3. Assuming I get my PR before marriage, is it possible to bring her in a visitor visa after marriage and then do an inland processing?
Yes, but 1. it is difficult to get a visitor visa. She will have to prove she will not overstay her visa. Outland through India is a lot faster than inland, in any case.