+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions for NOC

imsherlocked

Sep 26, 2017
Hi friends,

Below are my roles and responsibilities, it is becoming very difficult to choose one NOC code,(1111,1112,1113 etc)

can you please suggest one after reading these ?

Overview of the functions performed by me: (It is a fund administration and reconciliation job)

• Daily & Month-end pricing checks – To provide client with correct valuations for its investment portfolio across various financial products like equities, options, swaps, CDS etc. To verify and compare valuations against various feeds received from NASDAQ, NYSE, Bloomberg etc. and highlight issues in cases of discrepancy.

• Daily & Month-end cash and positions reconciliations - As a fund administrator, we have to reconcile all positions & cash balances across various financial products in the client’s portfolio with the counter party statements and report exceptions. While doing the reconciliation we have to keep in mind the products specific features.

• Month end statements review - Before any investor statements are released to investors by hedge funds, each of those statements are verified and reviewed. As a Fund administrator, we have to ensure each investor statement released is correct and accurate. Hence, we need to validate the opening & closing NAV, Income allocated and Net return for the period for each investor.

• Review of Audit Confirmations – Performing review of standard confirmation which is released to investors’ auditor providing the Investors’ holding for the audit period

Principal Duties:

- To ensure portfolio has been valued as per the client’s offering memorandum and highlight exceptions in case of discrepancy.
- To ensure that all exceptions in the process of pricing checks, reconciliations and statement review processes are highlighted or escalated, if required, to the appropriate level.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thanks.

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOCs confuse you only if you look at titles alone.

First shortlist a few NOCs closely matching your profession, then look at job responsibilities of each to finf closest match.

I have read from senior members, thats sometimes more than 1 NOC seems to match. Well in that case, drop an email to CLMI division of canada here. AND ask for guidance.

*** NA-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

Reactions: imsherlocked

Alvinam

Dec 31, 2017
Hi,

I have a similar job profile mentioned above so I am confused too. Read your post and thought you can help with the NOC