+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion To the Present and Future Applicants (Attention Pakistani Students ~)

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Dear All,

Thank you for all your support..today I have recieved my Visa...

Humber college - Lakeshore Campus - Marketing Management Course

My Case details are as follows>>... The reason i am writing all the story as there were many people who didn't encourage me to apply for the visa on the basis of my documents.

I am a pakistani applicant and i have done my MBA from University of wales Cardiff Uk..before that i had 2 years BBA degree from Alkhair University......My total years of education is approximately 15.5 years. Therefore those who have 2 years bachelor degree dont worry..u guiys are all safe as long as college accepts ur application

I had a score of 7 in Ielts but i took the General module by mistake and alot of people confused me about the ielts that i shouldn't submit my application on the basis of IELTS general..for acadamic visa CHC required Academic Ielts only..In my case it worked even without acadamic ielts.

As i mentioned i have done my MBA from Uk and the course i have chosen in canada is a 8 months PGD in marketing mangement.therefore it doesn't really matter that either u go for masters or PGD ..u need to write the SOP to convince VO that y exactly u need to take the required course in canada...

I have only shown bank statment of around 22 lacs + ofcourse the property documents on top of that therefore one didnot really has to show alot of funds in account...In my case my father was my sponsor and i have only shown my self as a worker..

I am married and applied alone to show Visa officer my home ties...

Also to those who have applied in Sheriden College..one student also recieved his visa against some diploma course,,,,Therefore Sheriden Applicants u r all safe as well....Visa has nothing to do with college name as VO only look for ur personal application. As long as college is fullfilling all the requirements..All Good to Go:)

Now in the end i come to the consultants/Advisors/Agents that whether you should hire their services or not......To be honest i prepared most of my case myself however i did take the services of the consultant not coz they were more genius than all of us..its just that they helped me out to check the final document list which i was forwarding to CHC.....Though Consultants donot guarantee ur visa however as they have alot of students who apply through them in each semester therefore they know the most up to date trend of the CHC......Choice is all urs whether to hire them or them but i suggest one should apply through them. I only gave them $ 350CAD....which is approximately Rs 30,000 and i think its nothing as we are spending huge money on our education in canada......Again its only my opinion.....

This forum is no doubt a very helpful tool to equip ourself with the right visa documents however as all of us are still experiencing therefore we all can only share information based on our own experience therefore its best to collect all the information and then provide the right docs based on checklist provided by CHC.

Goodluck to all those who are waiting for their visas and be positive.... and thank you all seniors ....

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Congrats :)

Im still waiting for my visa.. Sent my medicals last week.. I feel like im waiting since a year..

When did u apply? When were ur medicals done? and when did u get ur visa?

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ug83

Congratulations & thanks for this post, Guys like you make this forum useful :) Even i got accepted in Humber college for Global Business Management May intake. Can i know your facebook ID so that i can add you?

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Hey Bro u r like an angel to me i am facing the same problem, i did my BBA 4 years having CGPA of 2.9 ... want to apply for PGD because of my CGPA
please provide me with a strong SOP please Please to convince VO why PGD y Not Master :) waiting for your reply
Thank You

sai9999

Jan 16, 2012
Congrats account77,

I would also like to apply for GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COURSE for SEPT Intake. Please tell me whether i am eligible or no.

SSC-82%
Intermediate-63%
Degree (B.COM)-56%

and 2 years of Work Experience in BPO, and i am will give my IELTS asap......

PLEASE REPLY ME PLS

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sai9999 said:
Congrats account77,

I would also like to apply for GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COURSE for SEPT Intake. Please tell me whether i am eligible or no.

SSC-82%
Intermediate-63%
Degree (B.COM)-56%

and 2 years of Work Experience in BPO, and i am will give my IELTS asap......

PLEASE REPLY ME PLS
Make sure, You get ateast 6.5 overall and 6.0 individually in IELTS. Your good to go!

AJabbar

Jan 19, 2012
Cograts!! and thanks for your suggestions.

Did you appear for the interview? I'm asking b'coz somebody told that 'no interview for student visa'.

yasir224

Apr 25, 2012
Hello "ug83"

I have applied for admission in Post-Grad. Diploma in HRM at HUMBER COLLEGE Sept.2012 intake.
Presently appearing for IELTS test (which is required by HUMBER) to make an unconditional offer.

My case is very similar to urs, i hold 17yrs of education BBA & MBA in Finance with 3yrs of work experience.
Bank Statement around Rs.2.5 M, wife and children in PAK applying for individual entry
seems that my case is well prepared

But i have some doubt that visa office may object tht i hold an MBA then y i m applying for PGD HRM course.
After reading your case I have got much satisfaction.

Actually I want to switch my field from Banking/Finance to HRM so I opt for PG Diploma in HRM.

SAQ

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Guys especially from Pakistan,

I have confusion regarding CGPA vs Percentage.

Though I have already applied for MEng ESE for Fall intake (Uni of Regina), I never came across with the reply how does the university usually consider to assess international application.

Like in my case, I have secured 2.67 CGPA overall which is equivalent to 70% and I have submitted my Undergrad accompanied the equivalency i.e 2.67 = 70% on the official letter head.

Also, i came across lots of posts stated 70% is enough but in my scenario I got 70% which makes 2.67 according to my University.DO I qualify with this profile for MEng ESE program in UofR?

Please guyz do assist.

furqanali59

Feb 29, 2012
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
10-12-2011
they would most probably calculate ur percentage by this formula: 2.67/4 * 100 so that means ur percentage comes out to be 67, i m not sure about this but i heard about this from someone.

waseemahmed45

Jan 31, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2012
File Transfer...
08-02-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
21-05-2012 and 25-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2012
furqanali59 said:
they would most probably calculate ur percentage by this formula: 2.67/4 * 100 so that means ur percentage comes out to be 67, i m not sure about this but i heard about this from someone.
It's not necessary that they calculate percentage to divide by total CGPA.

Most probabaly, they visisted your university website and find Grading policy.....
For Example
if someone has done graduate from fast they follow below link...
http://www.nu.edu.pk/grading.aspx
and compare with following link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_%28education%29#Saskatchewan

If It is in good criteria. so, you would 100% fully-qualified. And if it will not like that.. so It will be injustice

leo4bilal

Mar 16, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC ISBD
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
14-Feb-2012
Med's Request
15-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
22-Aug-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Sent after medical on 28-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2012
LANDED..........
In sha Allah on 11th-Dec-2012
Very true @ ug83

This forum is really helpful but there are some people who really make your VISA look very tough and in some circumstances not gettable at all But many ppl get it quite easily .... I mean to say is that, on this forum, ppl shud have the right to express their opinion.... And there should be legible opinions ... ! Every case is somehow and somewhat different in its own respect, so please guyz kindly don't let ppl off track...

SAQ

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
@waseem,

:) definitely they will for grading policies for particular universities

But my point still unanswered, Do universities look for Percentage or CPGA to assess any application? Particularly in my case

waseemahmed45

Jan 31, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2012
File Transfer...
08-02-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
21-05-2012 and 25-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2012
SAQ said:
@ waseem,

:) definitely they will for grading policies for particular universities

But my point still unanswered, Do universities look for Percentage or CPGA to assess any application? Particularly in my case
Bahi, You are good student. Why are you worrying?
They will definitely give admission?

ezakhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics 23-06-2014
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
yasir224 said:
Bank Statement around Rs.2.5 M, wife and children in PAK applying for individual entry
seems that my case is well prepared
Salamz Yasir,

the line in bold & green, how are ur wife n kids applying individually.....

I intend to apply to Saskatchewan university and I want to take my wife and my daughter of 6 months with me.....

it'll be nice if you could share info