+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful without Reference letters ??

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This thread is to say if any one is successful without reference letters. I get lot of PM and same questions come on various thread again and again.

So if any one is successful without reference letters Please say Yes here and if possible provide details of your case or hints that can help others

Forum members who have not received Visa w/o reference letters, please do not use this thread to provide details like
1) What some one should do if reference letter is not available
2.)What is importance of reference letter
3.) What is difference between exp letter and reference letter
4.) What is structure fo reference letter
5.) What are duties mentioned for various noc code like 0213,4131 or 0111

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bump ... Just to keep thread alive, I will bump it for about a week to see if we get any positive response on successful application w/o reference letter

eemmoo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
working on document update
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
I have also same situation so just to keep the thread alive i am replying.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
I have not provided ref letters for two of my companies (including my current company ) and got medical and passport request.

at this point of time, I consider this a success as I think verification part is already done before passport/medical request.

Only security part is left.

I hope this would help.

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Thats good to hear. I have ref letter from the current employer, but my previous employer emailed me a scanned copy in the letter head.
My application is with CIO now. If i proceed, i plan to notarize the scanned document. Do you guys suggest any alternative?

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the update maluo8.

Kris for suggestions on such quries may I please request you to start a seperate thread or you may use http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-one-successful-without-reference-letters-t35833.0.html

I am sorry for asking you to use other thread but I want to keep the thread for getting feedback from members you have got success w/o reference letters so that many who do not have reference letter can know what are the chances of success

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not have reference letters for all the institutions that I have worked for. I only submitted reference letters from my last two employers. I am now done with medicals and waiting for PPR.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
malu08 said:
I have not provided ref letters for two of my companies (including my current company ) and got medical and passport request.

at this point of time, I consider this a success as I think verification part is already done before passport/medical request.

Only security part is left.

I hope this would help.
Malu,

It is a good thing that you have received Medical and Passport request but the matter of fact is: With increasing number of applications, CHC can do you verifications and checks after medical. I have met guys how have been called for interview 4-5 months after medical...reason being...not satisfied by background checks...

Number of applications received at CHC is increasing (especially New Delhi, Islamabad, London, Manila and Beijing). So in certain cases, CHC performs background check before issuing Medical and in certain cases after Medical...

Hence it is not viable to say that "your background checks are done" coz you have received medical...!

Sorry to be straight forward...but I do not want to give any false opinion...

Good Luck... :)

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
poison said:
Malu,

It is a good thing that you have received Medical and Passport request but the matter of fact is: With increasing number of applications, CHC can do you verifications and checks after medical. I have met guys how have been called for interview 4-5 months after medical...reason being...not satisfied by background checks...

Number of applications received at CHC is increasing (especially New Delhi, Islamabad, London, Manila and Beijing). So in certain cases, CHC performs background check before issuing Medical and in certain cases after Medical...

Hence it is not viable to say that "your background checks are done" coz you have received medical...!

Sorry to be straight forward...but I do not want to give any false opinion...

Good Luck... :)

Not an issue with me if they feel to do verification on any stage.

The incident you mentioned is an exception and it can happen with any one and any time.

If we talk normal process then for most cases medical and passport request means employer verification part is over

and IO/VO is convinced with work and education docs provided to him or her.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your opinions. Not Digressing further we now know from the the thread that two members have reached the Medical stage without the reference letters.

trinatocanada
malu08

We wish you all the best and wait for more updates from more forum members

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
@Ankit

It is not necessary if you can not give all the reference letters for various valid reasons (like company already closed or some companies do not give reference letters as part of their HR policy etc etc these things are not in our hands and they understand that.)
but there should be other supporting docs like exp letters, appointment letters, business cards,identity cards, ITR, Form16,salary slips,increment letters or any thing which would help to convince the VO.

Bottom line is that VO/IO should be convinced that the person is truly working what s/he is calming under NOC. For companies, which you can not provide letter mention that in your cover letter.

I hope this will help.

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
malu08 said:
Not an issue with me if they feel to do verification on any stage.

The incident you mentioned is an exception and it can happen with any one and any time.

If we talk normal process then for most cases medical and passport request means employer verification part is over

and IO/VO is convinced with work and education docs provided to him or her.

There is no exception as to when IO/VO can call you for interview during the application process. make no mistake about that. As a matter of fact, until you have your visa in hand, you can expect to be called for interview anytime T.
Nowadays, people get called for interview months after foing their medicals so if I were you I would be prepared for it rather than saying calling someone for interview is an exception to the rule and can happen to anyone.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
malu08 said:
@ dubey

I agree with you on this up to some extent but if any body is getting interview call then he or she is getting chance to put across their points. It is much better than straight denial from VO/IO.
If you will read my original post I said the same thing that at this point of time I feel getting passport request a success over straight denial. Getting Interview call is different thing and I still feel that there are very less cases where you get interview call. more cases are of either acceptance (which latter got visa without interview call) or rejection after docs review.

my point here is lack of reference letter or degree transcripts would not hamper your case if you have other supporting docs to prove your points and even if you get Interview call it is better than rejection.