+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Substitute docs in the absence of reference letter from employer?

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,

I have tried for past 3 months to obtain reference letter from my previous employer but there is no way I can have it. Though I have been able to collect some other docs which might support my employment. Could somebody please have a look and let me know if these are enough?

1) Official relieving and service certificate (Only has information like designation, start date, last date)
2) Offer letter
3) Welcome email (It says that I joined the company as an engineer trainee)
4) Recent email from company HR head and supervisor saying that they cannot provide the letter in the requested format
5) 4 months of bank statements during the employment
6) Provident fund certificate

I cannot find payslips as I worked with the company 2011-12. Unfortunately I don't even have ITR assessment as I could not file ITR on time.

Is there anything else I should include to support my employment?

Thanks!

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
You need a document that shows your duties and responsibilities otherwise you won't be able to use the experience you gained with this company.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
I know but I can't get it from employer. I only have a welcome email which says that I joined company in mechanical discipline and my service certificate mentions I worked as engineering trainee.

Aren't those proof enough to show I worked as an engineer?

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
No, they aren't. If you submit the way it is, they won't accept these as a proof of experience. You need to have documents that show the roles and responsibilities.

Pay stubs or income declarations are not necessary as you also have all these other documents, but you really need something that shows the roles and responsibilities.

If you can get a manage or some co-workers to write a letter with the roles and responsibilities, then you could submit those.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Ok, I will try to get it from one of my colleague. In case I manage to get it, should I still submit the denial emails from HR head and supervisor?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
dersonc said:
You need a document that shows your duties and responsibilities otherwise you won't be able to use the experience you gained with this company.
This can be shown by using Statutory declarations/Affidavit from a senior colleague/supervisor/manager, on top of that if you add tax documents/salary slips/relieving letters/contracts.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
enthuuu said:
Hello,

I have tried for past 3 months to obtain reference letter from my previous employer but there is no way I can have it. Though I have been able to collect some other docs which might support my employment. Could somebody please have a look and let me know if these are enough?

1) Official relieving and service certificate (Only has information like designation, start date, last date)
2) Offer letter
3) Welcome email (It says that I joined the company as an engineer trainee)
4) Recent email from company HR head and supervisor saying that they cannot provide the letter in the requested format
5) 4 months of bank statements during the employment
6) Provident fund certificate

I cannot find payslips as I worked with the company 2011-12. Unfortunately I don't even have ITR assessment as I could not file ITR on time.

Is there anything else I should include to support my employment?

Thanks!
Hi,

I am not sure if it works for everybody...but for me it worked. Try your best to get the reference letter from previous company if not attach the following

1.Offer letter
2.Experience letter
3.Relieving letter
4.Promotion letter (if any)
5.Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining your situation

I submitted the above documents and they accepted it. In your case you have letter from HR that they can't provide the letter in the specified format...which is definitely an advantage.

Good luck
Ravi

Reactions: vuta

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
nrc1978 said:
Hi,

I am not sure if it works for everybody...but for me it worked. Try your best to get the reference letter from previous company if not attach the following

1.Offer letter
2.Experience letter
3.Relieving letter
4.Promotion letter (if any)
5.Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining your situation

I submitted the above documents and they accepted it. In your case you have letter from HR that they can't provide the letter in the specified format...which is definitely an advantage.

Good luck
Ravi
Thanks for your input. Did any of these documents mention your duties? And were the points for this experience crucial for your CRS score, i.e. if the officers disregarded that job would your remaining points still be above the cutoff for that round?

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hi Ravi,

Thanks, I am planning to do same as you. Please let me know which company was it you couldn't submit the letter from?

I also know other couple of examples where people from Indian employers couldn't submit one but still got through. They also told me officers in CIC know that many Indian employers don't provide such letter in that case a denial email and other docs are accepted.

Could you please share the LOE you submitted along with docs?

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
CADparity said:
Thanks for your input. Did any of these documents mention your duties? And were the points for this experience crucial for your CRS score, i.e. if the officers disregarded that job would your remaining points still be above the cutoff for that round?
Hi,

The offer letter had an overview of my roles and responsibilities. I applied for OOPNP

Regards
Ravi

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
enthuuu said:
Hi Ravi,

Thanks, I am planning to do same as you. Please let me know which company was it you couldn't submit the letter from?

I also know other couple of examples where people from Indian employers couldn't submit one but still got through. They also told me officers in CIC know that many Indian employers don't provide such letter in that case a denial email and other docs are accepted.

Could you please share the LOE you submitted along with docs?
Hi,

It was for one of the startup company in Bangalore. As i mentioned before it may not work for everybody but there is no harm in trying it out if it is impossible to get the required Reference letter.

As part of LOE i mentioned since XYZ company cannot provide the required reference letter i am attaching the Offer Letter indicating my Roles/Responsibilities and the Experience letter indicating my Joining Date and Reliving date.

Please note i applied for OOPNP and see no reason in accepting as part of normal PR application also
Hope this helps. Good luck

Ravi

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
nrc1978 said:
Hi,

It was for one of the startup company in Bangalore. As i mentioned before it may not work for everybody but there is no harm in trying it out if it is impossible to get the required Reference letter.

As part of LOE i mentioned since XYZ company cannot provide the required reference letter i am attaching the Offer Letter indicating my Roles/Responsibilities and the Experience letter indicating my Joining Date and Reliving date.

Please note i applied for OOPNP and see no reason in accepting as part of normal PR application also
Hope this helps. Good luck

Ravi
This is a bit risky from my point of view.

As i said above, why not attaching a letter from a senior colleague as a statutory declaration? It would defo. work.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
I do have a question regarding stat declaration, does it have to be on a stamp paper or I can have my colleague sign it on company's letterhead and also get it signed by an notary?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enthuuu said:
I do have a question regarding stat declaration, does it have to be on a stamp paper or I can have my colleague sign it on company's letterhead and also get it signed by an notary?
It can just be on plain paper. It also doesn't necessarily have to be notarised, but many forum members have had their informal documents notarised just as a precaution to add validity to the document (and I would personally recommend doing so).