+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting missing documents after sending in application?

elyas29

Sep 9, 2011
Hi. I have a quick q.
Im about to send in my application. I have a police certificate from Jordan (my country) and I realized that I still have to get a police certificate from Palestine since I lived there for 1.5 years. I got ahold of the Palestinian Authority in Canada, and they told me that I can apply for a police certificate but it will probably a long time. Can I send in my application in appr. 2 weeks any way, then if and when I get the police certificate from Palestine, can I send it to CIC at that time?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Elyas29,

normally, you should submit everything together, it's the best way to make sure that your application will go smoothly.

What I would suggest: send your application now, but add a note explaining that you are aware that you should submit on for Palestine, that you are working on it, and that you have had contact with the authority in Canada et c- if you have a written proof from them saying that it will take a long time, add that to your file as a proof.
ASk them (politely!) to start considering your application even without the missing certificate, and state that you will send it in as soon as you have it. If you have already paid some fees etc to get it, include proofs of that as well.
Then - WAIT until you have a file number (and most likely your application is transferred to your VO in Amman) to send it. If you send it before, it might get lost. If you send it to the VO with the File number etc, then it will be easier to match it to your application. The applicant background is checked mostly at the VO level ( the first stage is more about the sponsor, and making sure that your application is complete), so they will probably accept that. I did that for my Police Check (one took me 6 months to get, so I decided to send in my application and later sent it to the VO directly), and it was OK.

Good luck,
Sweden

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
elyas29 said:
Hi. I have a quick q.
Im about to send in my application. I have a police certificate from Jordan (my country) and I realized that I still have to get a police certificate from Palestine since I lived there for 1.5 years. I got ahold of the Palestinian Authority in Canada, and they told me that I can apply for a police certificate but it will probably a long time. Can I send in my application in appr. 2 weeks any way, then if and when I get the police certificate from Palestine, can I send it to CIC at that time?
Are you sponsor or applicant?

elyas29

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for your speedy reply Sweden.
Im the applicant. I thought only the applicant had to get the police clearance. Am I missing something??

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
elyas29 said:
Thanks for your speedy reply Sweden.
Im the applicant. I thought only the applicant had to get the police clearance. Am I missing something??
Yes only the applicant needs the Police Clearance from the countries where ever he/she lived for more than 6 months...