+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting application without medical exam receipt and police clearance

SaraK

Oct 10, 2013
Hello. I need some help.

I am Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband who is settled in Islamabad, Pakistan. After we got married in August 2013, I moved to Pakistan to live with him. Our application is complete but we do not have the police clearance and medical exam receipt.

Since some people mentioned that the clearance and medical are only valid for one year and we will need to resubmit again if it expires, its best to not get it done right now so we decided not to get it done right now.

I need advice/guidance if I should go ahead and submit application without these two documents but fear that they might send it back after a few months saying that the documents are incomplete?

If I do go ahead and send the application right now without the two documents, is there an option to send them later when the file number is issued or when they request? I am really confused. Please guide.

Thank you so much!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
clarification: police records are valid for only 3 months, so cic must receive the records within 90 days of it being issued. generally, if it's submitted upfront, and the record is including in the package, as long as it's dated within 90 days, it is acceptable. of course, there isn't a guarantee CIC wouldn't request an additional record.

the medical exam is valid for 12 months, and cic has the ability to extend them if need be to help the applicant land.

To answer your question:

yes, it seems to be ok for outland applicants to submit the application without police or medical records. Generally, CIC has been looking the other way even though they are "required" documents. The thought is because CIC evaluates the sponsor first, these documents have no bearing on sponsor eligiblity. Generally when these forms are not submitted upfront, the sponsor eligiblity letter will instruct the applicant how to submit them to the visa office that will be processing the file.

Generally, as long as the visa office receives these documents before the file is picked up for processing, there is no delay. Of course there is no guarantee, and there has been the occasional report of delays becasuse the documents were not correctly attached to the file.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
when we applied it was clearly mentioned in the checklist to attach both of these docs with the application package, IDK what does the checklist say now...

go as per the checklist requirement, DO NOT skip anything that is mentioned in your checklist otherwise your file will be sent back to you with Incomplete status on it. Do not do what people say, just do what checklist and guideline say.

wish you all the best

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
I am also Paksitani

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
handsup said:
when we applied it was clearly mentioned in the checklist to attach both of these docs with the application package, IDK what does the checklist say now...

go as per the checklist requirement, DO NOT skip anything that is mentioned in your checklist otherwise your file will be sent back to you with Incomplete status on it. Do not do what people say, just do what checklist and guideline say.

wish you all the best
again, the "trend" seen on this forum suggests EVEN THOUGH those 2 documents are "required" per the checklist, they are NOT necessarily required to submit UPFRONT. They are "required" for the application to be processed and approved. CIC has been looking the other way if not submitted upfront, because for outland applications, these documents have no bearing on sponsor eligibility. There are many, many applicants who have had no issue with doing this. Applications do NOT seem to be sent back because of missing medical and police records.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
This could have done but to be on safer end one must attach the docs and completely follow the checklist to avoid any unnecessary delays.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
My friend got his whole package back with the status of incomplete as he left a single field unfilled and did not write "N/A" in that field, that was under an optional question. and this small mistake put ONE year delay in his application

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
handsup said:
My friend got his whole package back with the status of incomplete as he left a single field unfilled and did not write "N/A" in that field, that was under an optional question. and this small mistake put ONE year delay in his application
right, when CIC sends back applications it's usually because of missing or incomplete documents or missing signatures. it is NOT because Medical and police records are not included upfront. Mississauga will NOT start processing a sponsor's file if either a sponsor's OR applicant's form is missing or incomplete, or if a signautre is missing. Mississauga WILL start processing a sponsor's file if a medical or police record is not submitted up front.

You are confusing the two issues. they are not one in the same.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
right, when CIC sends back applications it's usually because of missing or incomplete documents or missing signatures. it is NOT because Medical and police records are not included upfront. Mississauga will NOT start processing a sponsor's file if either a sponsor's OR applicant's form is missing or incomplete, or if a signautre is missing. Mississauga WILL start processing a sponsor's file if a medical or police record is not submitted up front.

You are confusing the two issues. they are not one in the same.

okay thank you so much for the clarification, I really appreciate your knowledge and help in different threads on different issues/confusions

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Just FYI, my husband and I sent in our application a few weeks before he had his medical. I just wrote on the checklist that his medical was already scheduled and put the date and we had no issues.

SaraK

Oct 10, 2013
@ rhcohen2014

I understand from your details that you applied to the Ottawa office and it didnt take your application very long to get approved for PR. Would you mind me asking, what country and your spouse are from? I have been hearing that cases involving Pakistani nationals have been taking longer than usual. Do you have any knowledge of this?

SaraK

Oct 10, 2013
MizAngel said:
Just FYI, my husband and I sent in our application a few weeks before he had his medical. I just wrote on the checklist that his medical was already scheduled and put the date and we had no issues.
Did you apply inland or outland? Also what nationality is your husband if you dont mind me asking.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
SaraK said:
@ rhcohen2014

I understand from your details that you applied to the Ottawa office and it didnt take your application very long to get approved for PR. Would you mind me asking, what country and your spouse are from? I have been hearing that cases involving Pakistani nationals have been taking longer than usual. Do you have any knowledge of this?
i am a us citizen. it is true non-us citizens being processed through ottawa do take longer, and it seems to be closer to 12-16 months. i am not familiar with the processing time for Pakistani nationals. i believe there is a thread dedicated to it though, and they may have a spreadsheet that shows the "trends".

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
SaraK said:
Did you apply inland or outland? Also what nationality is your husband if you dont mind me asking.
We applied outland and my husband is American.