Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
Dear All,

Guys, I need some help,

I would like to know if it is advisable to submit my MPNP applications to my country of origin and declare as my mailing address? although I'm working and living in other country(Saudi Arabia), or should I submit it where I'm currently residing?

Can somebody share some experience, Many thanks and God bless.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy29 said:
Dear All,

Guys, I need some help,

I would like to know if it is advisable to submit my MPNP applications to my country of origin and declare as my mailing address? although I'm working and living in other country(Saudi Arabia), or should I submit it where I'm currently residing?

Can somebody share some experience, Many thanks and God bless.
Are you submitting a PNP application? If you have your nomination from MPNP, then the PNP applications need to be sent first to CIO-Sydney (NS) not to the VO where you are now or your country of origin...

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
ragluf said:
Are you submitting a PNP application? If you have your nomination from MPNP, then the PNP applications need to be sent first to CIO-Sydney (NS) not to the VO where you are now or your country of origin...
Hi Ragluf,

I'm preparing all my MPNP documents to submit to my uncle in Manitoba. I'm just wondering if its okay to declare Manila as my VO in my Generic form page 1, even though im working abroad. I'm a bit confused about what is the best thing to declare because the processing in manila is more faster than the VO in london(applicable for economic applicants in saudi arabia).

Salamat kabayan for replying to my message.

mystic_nayeli

Dec 3, 2010
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2011
Nomination.....
September 17, 2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
March 7, 2013
Med's Done....
March 14, 2013 and CEM received it on March 28, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
September 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2013
During my application for MPNP I put my residential address here in Saudi Arabia. There were no problems whatsoever. But if it's about submitting the application to CIC Nova Scotia after receiving the Letter of Approval or Nomination, I guess we should consider the processing times of the visa offices too.

I'm a bit confused about that as well. Because now that I need to submit the documents to CIC Nova Scotia, it is asking about the choice of visa office based on either country of nationality or the country of residence (for at least one year), so if I'm a Filipino citizen working in Saudi Arabia, I have either the London or the Manila visa office to chose from.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy29 said:
Hi Ragluf,

I'm preparing all my MPNP documents to submit to my uncle in Manitoba. I'm just wondering if its okay to declare Manila as my VO in my Generic form page 1, even though im working abroad. I'm a bit confused about what is the best thing to declare because the processing in manila is more faster than the VO in london(applicable for economic applicants in saudi arabia).

Salamat kabayan for replying to my message.
If you are referring to IMM008 (Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)) - Question 4, then note in the application guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp) the following:
Question 4 - Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

It also boils down to where do you think you will have much more ease in getting the information/add'l documents that may be requested from you..
However, keep in mind, even if you indicate a selected VO, it is also up to the discretion of CIC, based on the information contained on your application (treating the application as a whole) - which VO should be best and most appropriate in handling and processing your application. In many cases, the VO assigned or where your file will be transferred to is not your selected/preferred one that serves your current country of residence, Then your application gets transferred/defaults to the VO of your country of nationality - in this case Manila.

Good luck on your application kabayan....

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
ragluf said:
If you are referring to IMM008 (Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)) - Question 4, then note in the application guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp) the following:
Question 4 - Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

It also boils down to where do you think you will have much more ease in getting the information/add'l documents that may be requested from you..
However, keep in mind, even if you indicate a selected VO, it is also up to the discretion of CIC, based on the information contained on your application (treating the application as a whole) - which VO should be best and most appropriate in handling and processing your application. In many cases, the VO assigned or where your file will be transferred to is not your selected/preferred one that serves your current country of residence, Then your application gets transferred/defaults to the VO of your country of nationality - in this case Manila.

Good luck on your application kabayan....
Thank you so much for all the shared experience and info.

I'am praying that all our applications will succeed, God bless all.

Now I will select Manila VO as my immigration office. Since the processing is faster than London.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy29 said:
Thank you so much for all the shared experience and info.

I'am praying that all our applications will succeed, God bless all.

Now I will select Manila VO as my immigration office. Since the processing is faster than London.
You are still starting on getting MPNP nomination right? Although you are required to provide the CIC documents when obtaining your nomination - given the rate things are changing - you may have to submit new forms or redo the forms you previously submitted (as part of MPNP applications) when the time comes to submit the PR application (this time including your nomination letter) to CIO.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mystic_nayeli said:
During my application for MPNP I put my residential address here in Saudi Arabia. There were no problems whatsoever. But if it's about submitting the application to CIC Nova Scotia after receiving the Letter of Approval or Nomination, I guess we should consider the processing times of the visa offices too.

I'm a bit confused about that as well. Because now that I need to submit the documents to CIC Nova Scotia, it is asking about the choice of visa office based on either country of nationality or the country of residence (for at least one year), so if I'm a Filipino citizen working in Saudi Arabia, I have either the London or the Manila visa office to chose from.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
As I mentioned in my reply to itguy29 - although you can put in your requested VO for processing - CIC does take have that discretion, to assign or transfer your file to the VO that will be best placed to evaluate and process your application.

As I was in Canada when I applied - I specified the nearest VO at that time servicing in-country applications - I had choices and picked one. But CIC transferred my file to CEM still.

/hope this helps....

lakambini

Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
IELTS Request
22-01-2010
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012 and 31-07-2012
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
07-11-2012 (CEM received PP's 12-11-12)
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
You're absolutely brilliant, ragluf :) :) :)

mystic_nayeli

Dec 3, 2010
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2011
Nomination.....
September 17, 2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
March 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
September 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2013
ragluf said:
As I mentioned in my reply to itguy29 - although you can put in your requested VO for processing - CIC does take have that discretion, to assign or transfer your file to the VO that will be best placed to evaluate and process your application.

As I was in Canada when I applied - I specified the nearest VO at that time servicing in-country applications - I had choices and picked one. But CIC transferred my file to CEM still.

/hope this helps....
Thanks a bunch ragluf! My only concern was, if they requested my passport for example, God willing, do I have to send it to the Canadian embassy in Manila? How about my medicals and police clearance? Will it all be done here or in Manila?

Sorry for bombarding you with many questions. God bless you all!

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
mystic_nayeli said:
Thanks a bunch ragluf! My only concern was, if they requested my passport for example, God willing, do I have to send it to the Canadian embassy in Manila? How about my medicals and police clearance? Will it all be done here or in Manila?

ragluf all your answers are very helpful bro, thanks for the shared info, sorry if I asked too much but just wanted to be sure though.. thanks alot and I know God will help us all to achieve our goals

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy29 said:
ragluf all your answers are very helpful bro, thanks for the shared info, sorry if I asked too much but just wanted to be sure though.. thanks alot and I know God will help us all to achieve our goals
no worries ... good luck...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mystic_nayeli said:

No worries. Unfortunately - yes, once they request for your passport - you have to send this to your VO. Courier it.

For police clearances - they (your VO) will instruct you to get it - now this depends on
- whether you have resided in a different country (> 6months at a time) - in this case they may ask for police clearances from that country in addition to police clearance from home country
- if you have not resided in a different country (for > 6 months) in the past few years - they will ask for police clearance only from your home country (in our case NBI)
- if you are currently residing in a different country - don't worry. Make sure your current residence address identifies clearly that you are in a different country. CEM does make note of this - and will include instructions in getting a police clearance from where you are currently now. If not (unfortunate) - the CIC site has that info.

For medicals - you can have it done where you are now - look up the list of Panel Physicians (PP) here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp). They used to call them DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner). As soon as you get your medical request, sched an exam and present that to the PP in your country of residence. The results of your Medical exam will be sent by the PP.

/hope this helps....

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
ragluf said:
No worries. Unfortunately - yes, once they request for your passport - you have to send this to your VO. Courier it.

For police clearances - they (your VO) will instruct you to get it - now this depends on
- whether you have resided in a different country (> 6months at a time) - in this case they may ask for police clearances from that country in addition to police clearance from home country
- if you have not resided in a different country (for > 6 months) in the past few years - they will ask for police clearance only from your home country (in our case NBI)
- if you are currently residing in a different country - don't worry. Make sure your current residence address identifies clearly that you are in a different country. CEM does make note of this - and will include instructions in getting a police clearance from where you are currently now. If not (unfortunate) - the CIC site has that info.

For medicals - you can have it done where you are now - look up the list of Panel Physicians (PP) here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp). They used to call them DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner) or less often IME (Immigration Medical Examiner). As soon as you get your medical request, sched an exam and present that to the PP in your country of residence. The results of your Medical exam will be sent by the PP.

/hope this helps....
this info is very helpful too it answered all my thoughts and was enlightened me more...

But I have few questions for the MAPP forms page 1 and 6

page 1 - in the residential address i put my current address in a place where im living now(saudi arabia)
while in my mailing address i put my address in the Philippines were these correct?

page 6- My uncle in Manitoba told me that I must not declare any representative and he told me that he will only endorse me through settlement plan2. My question is, in page 6 of MAPP forms (MAPP schedule 3) - information Release and Applicant Declaration - do i need to fill up this portion? though I signed it at the bottom part. because he put N/A in my drafts application.

Any good advice regarding this matter.

Thanks

mystic_nayeli

Dec 3, 2010
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2011
Nomination.....
September 17, 2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
March 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
September 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2013
ragluf said:

For medicals - you can have it done where you are now - look up the list of Panel Physicians (PP) here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp). They used to call them DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner) or less often IME (Immigration Medical Examiner). As soon as you get your medical request, sched an exam and present that to the PP in your country of residence. The results of your Medical exam will be sent by the PP.

/hope this helps....
God bless you ragluf!