Submitted PR Application form with wrong Program/Category field values

Sonu2014

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Hi,

I have applied PR last week under CEC and realised I have submitted IMM0008 (Generic Application form) with wrong field values "Program under which you are applying - Family Class" and Category under which you are applying - Dependent Child/Adopted Child". However I have provided all documents/forms as per CEC checklists. Also I did not fill the field - "Immigration office requested for processing this application" as this was not mandatory. Can anyone tell how my application will be treated? :(

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Did you got AOR ?

You should have chosen "ECONOMIC" , for second question as its not an mandatory field , CIC people will put visa office of their own.

But as you filled "Family Class" that can be a concern for sure even you followed the checklist of CEC .

Best if Luck.

Sonu2014

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
No, I didn't receive AOR. The application delivered just last week.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Three choices -

1) Wait for for CIC to return your application, and apply again (if you are still eligible). Not recommended.
2) Contact CIO - hopefully you have a tracking number - tell them you need to correct this form, and ask their advice. Perhaps they can return it to you right away and then you can re-submt
3) Alternatively, you can ask if you can submit a corrected form and have that added to your application.

Not sure about what CIO will be willing/able to do for you at this point, but you should try - see here for contact info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-after.asp

Sonu2014

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Thanks guys for reply and suggestion.
I did try few times to contact call center but no one there to attend my call. So I proactively re-posted IM0008 form with my identification details like First and Last name, UCI and Address. I also emailed them notifying the fact, action I have taken and any further suggestion. I am hoping to add the corrected form in my application. Let's see ! ::)

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Sonu2014 said:
Thanks guys for reply and suggestion.
I did try few times to contact call center but no one there to attend my call. So I proactively re-posted IM0008 form with my identification details like First and Last name, UCI and Address. I also emailed them notifying the fact, action I have taken and any further suggestion. I am hoping to add the corrected form in my application. Let's see ! ::)
please tell me what happen to your case. I have the same problem with yours. thanks.