+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted Outland Common-Law sponsorship and PR application; now what ?

slisko

Oct 31, 2013
Hi,

I have just sent my common-law partner's sponsorship application and my own PR application in the same package to Mississauga, Ontario.

I understand they will look at the sponsor's eligibility first (she's a Canadian citizen living abroad with me), and then send the entire package to the local processing office (Sydney, Australia in our case).

Do we get notified when they receive the package ? If so, how ? my email is in one of the forms for PR, but I'm not sure if my sponsor's is.
Do they notify us right away ?

Is there a Spreadsheet for October submissions ? Or should I be in the November one since that's when they'll likely receive it ?

Hopefully we didn't forget anything.

Thanks for any advice.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
No, not on receipt of the package (hopefully you can track it's delivery), but rather when they "open" it and send you an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). Seems to me the going rate for AOR's is about a month or so. We (the sponsor) received our AOR via email.

Use the date of delivery (again assuming you are tracking that) which would be their (CIC's) date of receipt to determine which spreadsheet that you belong to.

Hopefully you didn't. Try not to let others' omissions, admittedly posted here get you to the point of second guessing yourselves. All you can do now is WAIT!

Welcome to the forum!

slisko

Oct 31, 2013
Thank you !

I am tracking the package. Should be arriving in the next 3 days.

Will wait...