+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted Ontario Provincial Nominee and now received IRCC ITA

Jun 5, 2017
Last week I have submitted my application as part of the invitation received from Ontario Provincial Nominee program which is in "Submitted" status. Within week of time after accepting Provincial nominee, I received ITA direct from IRCC.

Should I withdraw Ontario Provincial application which I submitted and accept ITA from IRCC?

I am confused and not sure what to do. Will there be any concern if I withdraw Ontario provincial nominee?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Last I have submitted my application as part of the invitation received from Ontario Provincial Nominee program. Now I received ITA direct from IRCC. Should I withdraw Ontario Provincial application which I submitted or accept ITA from IRCC.

I am confused and not sure what to do. Will there be any concern if I withdraw Ontario provincial nominee?
You can withdraw your OINP application if you want. There won't be any problems except that your fees won't be refunded if Ontario has already started processing your application.

Jun 5, 2017
You can withdraw your OINP application if you want. There won't be any problems except that your fees won't be refunded if Ontario has already started processing your application.
Thanks for your reply. I am ok losing $1500. But is it beneficial to continue with OINP or it does not make any difference. What are the pros and cons.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I am ok losing $1500. But is it beneficial to continue with OINP or it does not make any difference. What are the pros and cons.
The biggest advantage of a direct ITA is that the processing time will be shorter.

Applying to OINP would increase the processing time by a few weeks - and then you'll be placed in the pool with an additional 600 points and will have to apply for ITA anyway.

I've applied for OINP on May 31, 2017 and I am hoping that I'll get a nomination before the CRS cut-off falls to 403 (that's my score).

Good luck. Hope you will make a wise decision.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Biggest disadvantage is the Time (as mentioned above, but its not couple of weeks but few Months), and later you will get the ITA Anyways.