+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit RCMP Criminal History Check - Electronic Fingerprint Based

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Hello Everyone,

We are getting ready to submit our application for citizenship... You do not have to submit the criminal record check along with your application. This is not a requirement at all.

However, most likely, this will be requested as this was requested right before immigrant visa issued. So, to buy time, we would like to send it in advance before we are asked.

Since this is not requested or we have submitted our application yet; we do not have a file number. For this reason, we cannot to submit the results directly to CIC.

Does anybody know a correct address that we can provide?

Thank you!

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only follow the instructions provided in the application. The criminal records check will be done by CIC regardless of whether you provide it or not.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
dav3000 said:
Only follow the instructions provided in the application. The criminal records check will be done by CIC regardless of whether you provide it or not.

This sounds like it is useless to send the criminal record check results along with your application without CIC is officially requesting it...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
NSBoy902 said:
Hello Everyone,

We are getting ready to submit our application for citizenship... You do not have to submit the criminal record check along with your application. This is not a requirement at all.

However, most likely, this will be requested as this was requested right before immigrant visa issued. So, to buy time, we would like to send it in advance before we are asked.

Since this is not requested or we have submitted our application yet; we do not have a file number. For this reason, we cannot to submit the results directly to CIC.

Does anybody know a correct address that we can provide?

Thank you!
CIC does not ask for fingerprint check for applicants. They do it randomly as per their criteria. If they ask you for fingerprints later during the process, then you are required to send it.
There is no point sending it right now as they did not ask for it during the initial application.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thecoolguysam said:
CIC does not ask for fingerprint check for applicants. They do it randomly as per their criteria. If they ask you for fingerprints later during the process, then you are required to send it.
There is no point sending it right now as they did not ask for it during the initial application.
1. CIC doesn't do the fingerprint checks randomly. They do a CPIC name check on all applicants. If the name check reveals a person with the same name and approximate age, they will then request that the applicant get a fingerprint criminal records check.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PMM said:
Hi

1. CIC doesn't do the fingerprint checks randomly. They do a CPIC name check on all applicants. If the name check reveals a person with the same name and approximate age, they will then request that the applicant get a fingerprint criminal records check.
Thanks PMM for the valuable information!

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Thank you all for your excellent answers.

I will probably get one now and hoping not to get requested later.

I will just put Citizenship and Immigration Canada as the recipient.

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
NSBoy902 said:

I have read before that fingerprint agencies wont do that without a request letter from cic or some organisation who needs it...I guess same is the case with rcmp criminal record check..

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
sgimmy said:
I have read before that fingerprint agencies wont do that without a request letter from cic or some organisation who needs it...I guess same is the case with rcmp criminal record check..
I will keep you posted.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
NSBoy902 said:

Why are you going to waste your time and money for FP? If CIC decide your FP they will request it regardless you have send them or not. CIC will not recognize yours advance one.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
poushi24 said:
Why are you going to waste your time and money for FP? If CIC decide your FP they will request it regardless you have send them or not. CIC will not recognize yours advance one.
I believe CIC will requested. Most of the people I have talked to this was the case.

Thank you or your input here. Are you 100 percent sure CIC will not recognize the one I may send in advance?

PS: The guy who wrote before you; who just deleted his recent post is extremely rude. I did report you. I strongly encourage you to please calm down and retain verbally attacking people.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
NSBoy902 said:
I believe CIC will requested. Most of the people I have talked to this was the case.

Thank you or your input here. Are you 100 percent sure CIC will not recognize the one I may send in advance?

PS: The guy who wrote before you; who just deleted his recent post is extremely rude. I did report you. I strongly encourage you to please calm down and retain verbally attacking people.
When they send your file for background check if they find any matches or any history about you or matches like you they will request FP to make sure you are not a criminal. That is why I said they will not looked at your FP. They want latest information about you and they will send you request for FP. Hope that will help.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was planning to do fingerprint as soon as I saw it required in my ATIP report but agency didn't do fingerprint without a FB request letter from CIC. They need file number and responsible CIC address from FP request letter to proceed.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
NSBoy902 said:

I did not delete my post. I stand by what I said. If you found it rude then that is your problem. I don't think it was. I don't have feelings so don't be scared of offending me.

I have been navigating the Canadian Immigration system for just about 10 years now. I have two family members who are immigration officers. So, when I say that people like this guy screws it up for everyone else, I am not joking, I actually know what I am talking about.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Hera9 said:
I was planning to do fingerprint as soon as I saw it required in my ATIP report but agency didn't do fingerprint without a FB request letter from CIC. They need file number and responsible CIC address from FP request letter to proceed.
Did they find any matches or any kind of history about you? It is strange that they requested FB if you have no history.