+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit Original Canadian Passport for Indian Surrender

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have received my Canadian Passport and am travelling soon. I thought I can start the Indian Surrender Certificate process through mail, but as per the BLS checklist we have to send the original Canadian Passport, is this right? Or will a copy of the the Citizenship Certificate and COPY of the Canadian passport do. TIA

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Not familiar with rules for that but I would not submit original these days…..copies are sufficient as these are Canadian docs.

original ppt usually only required if they need to issue visa(sticker in ppt),
I would not submit original citizenship certificate to anyone…..its a pain to get replacement from ircc, submit a cooy or notarized copy

Reactions: Goldenita

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi, I have received my Canadian Passport and am travelling soon. I thought I can start the Indian Surrender Certificate process through mail, but as per the BLS checklist we have to send the original Canadian Passport, is this right? Or will a copy of the the Citizenship Certificate and COPY of the Canadian passport do. TIA
There's no rush to cancel your Indian PP, you have upto three years to do it without any penalty, just don't use it for travel. I would not send my original documents to BLS. There are enough reports of lost documents. Take your time, get an appointment and go in person. Save on exorbitant courier charges as well.