+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa rejection reason with notes from UAE need help to apply again successfully.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
For the first part, I can tell lot of applicants from Phillipines apply from UAE under SDS without travelling. They even mention this in their SOP that they are working in UAE. They have very high level of approvals.

For second part, offcourse they can't just reject everyone as that would bring them under the radar and would render their job useless. They will mostly approve candidates whose profiles are better than the worse as per their standards. I have seen mostly younger applicants or candidates pursuing PHD level of studies get approved quite easily. There might be other factors.
Yeah, not all citizenships are treated equal. Filipinos have built up a strong reputation in Canada due to being law abiding yet hardworking and taking alot of menial and healthcare jobs. So they are less scrutinized. Same goes for Europe, East Asia and to a lesser extent South America. Other countries such as Pakistan and Nigerian have a bad record of overstaying visas

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Yeah, not all citizenships are treated equal. Filipinos have built up a strong reputation in Canada due to being law abiding yet hardworking and taking alot of menial and healthcare jobs. So they are less scrutinized. Same goes for Europe, East Asia and to a lesser extent South America. Other countries such as Pakistan and Nigerian have a bad record of overstaying visas
Even with assumption for what you say is true, you do realise one of the criteria for SDS is that they should be residing in the country while applying even if they are citizens so are they not already breaking one of the key requirements?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Even with assumption for what you say is true, you do realise one of the criteria for SDS is that they should be residing in the country while applying even if they are citizens so are they not already breaking one of the key requirements?
I'm not talking about SDS, I'm talking in general

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Even with general. You technically have to lie on the IMM1294 that your current country of residence is Phillipines.
Great way to start your journey in Canada. Lying on any immigration related documents in grounds for visa refusal, work permit refusal, PR cancellation and even citizenship cancellation

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Great way to start your journey in Canada. Lying on any immigration related documents in grounds for visa refusal, work permit refusal, PR cancellation and even citizenship cancellation
I'm confused. So now you say they are not all that righteous and worthy in comparison to other third world countries as you claimed in your earlier posts?

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
For the first part, I can tell lot of applicants from Phillipines apply from UAE under SDS without travelling. They even mention this in their SOP that they are working in UAE. They have very high level of approvals.

For second part, offcourse they can't just reject everyone as that would bring them under the radar and would render their job useless. They will mostly approve candidates whose profiles are better than the worse as per their standards. I have seen mostly younger applicants or candidates pursuing PHD level of studies get approved quite easily. There might be other factors.
How can a person living in the UAE apply under SDS. In SDS countries list, UAE itself isn't there.

Reactions: Sblue

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
Hi, Good afternoon @wonderbly

I have got my letter for my master's in Canada UNI I have a question: When you applied, should we choose the Abu Dhabi Consulate or the Dubai one? I have a Dubai residence visa, and according to my research, we should apply from the Abu Dhabi Embassy, but there is also a Dubai Embassy. Could you please offer your advice on this?

Thanks in advance for the support

Regards,
Ulfat

top_gun

Mar 9, 2023
The GB program at Sault is a 2 year graduate certificate program. If you are planning to reapply, apply in a more competitive program and college, for example University of Ottawa, McMaster University. These will improve your credibilty and counter the"genuine student" arguement. Although, I have seen people getting in 1 year Grad certificate programs after Master's too!. Secondly, provide documents, reasons in your cover letter to show your "financial stabilty" and ties to "home country". The visa officer, explicitly mentions that you are "single" and "employment attached to residency".

top_gun

Mar 9, 2023
No doubt, I have come across profiles whose approvals have surprised me just like you mentioned... and quite a FEW whose refusals have shocked me, but MOST refusals that I've seen around here are hardly inexplicable IMO.

Unfortunately, there's no principle of fair and square at play when it comes to IRCC.All applications are assessed on their individual merits and the IRCC officers are trained to spot issues that might not be glaringly obvious to a layperson (which is why getting GCMS notes is advisable so we can truly see what the VO considered during the assessment). One just needs to do their best to tick all the boxes and ensure you have a strong application. If you submit a shoddy application with irrelevant course/program, not enough funds, poor english language results etc, then you are diluting your chances of success. Control what you can control is what I'm saying :) .

Every application is assessed on their individual merit, within the policy, training and guidelines of IRCC. Hardly is it ever the case that an application is only evaluated by a single VO - more often than not, it passes through the hands of multiple VOs and even offices. I believe this is done for quality control and an attempt at fairness and accountability. My application from South Africa was passed around in 3 different offices - local, Ottawa and was finally approved in Shanghai.

I almost gave up the idea of applying for a SP because I was so scared by the sheer amount of refusals posted here, reddit FB etc. It took me a whole year of research to put in my application as I needed to thoroughly understand what would give me the best chance at success the first time.
Could you share some of your insights and application tips? It would be beneficial for all

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi, Good afternoon @wonderbly

I have got my letter for my master's in Canada UNI I have a question: When you applied, should we choose the Abu Dhabi Consulate or the Dubai one? I have a Dubai residence visa, and according to my research, we should apply from the Abu Dhabi Embassy, but there is also a Dubai Embassy. Could you please offer your advice on this?

Thanks in advance for the support

Regards,
Ulfat
Sorry I don't know about the middle east consulates. I did not apply from that region.

Reactions: top_gun