+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa rejected from SAUDI ARABIA!!!

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
Dear people,

I have applied for my study visa and it got refused from IRCC Riyadh. If any experienced people out there that could help it would be great. I'm posting my timeline here to get a clear picture.

Timeline:
1. Applied- 5th April,2021
2. Rejection- 28th May,2021

Grounds for rejection:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Scenario regarding my profile:

Based on immigration:

1. I have been currently employed as a Mechanical engineer here in Saudi Arabia. But in my IQAMA job category is normal worker (Aamel Aadhi- In arabic). Does that really matter when applying visa? And the next time when I apply, should I need to translate my iqama to English? - Please suggest
  2. Should I need to show a Letter from the current company is Saudi Arabia that I will return back after the completion of my studies in canada OR should I need to show a Letter from my previous company in homecountry -India that I will return back to the same company itself after the completion of my studies in canada
Based on purpose of your visit: I took 1 year course in Project management. I really don't know why this rejection happened.

Based on your personal assets and financial status: I have showed CA evaluation report and all assets which had a good amount that is mentioned in the report and even the bank statement.

Based on your current employment situation: I'm, working as a mechanical engineer for 1.5 years right now in Saudi. Is the rejection stated by the reason of my iqama or any other.

General Points:
  1. I have taken my IELTS score: Only Reading=5. Rest all 6.
  2. I have applied my visa a bit late on April 5th, my class was supposed to start by 18th May. Is this really supposed for a rejection to the above points?
As stated earlier, If anyone who has experienced this earlier could share their reviews on this and do need your help. Hoping for the best to come!!

Thanks.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
As you can see they gave you all the possible reasons for rejection. You have an uphill battle to convince the VO that you are a genuine student. Your entire profile screams economic immigrant.

Why do you as a mechanical engineer want to do a PM course at a college? Also, your IELTS is VERY poor. Based on that alone, they will surely reject you.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Dear people,

I have applied for my study visa and it got refused from IRCC Riyadh. If any experienced people out there that could help it would be great. I'm posting my timeline here to get a clear picture.

Timeline:

Grounds for rejection:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Based on immigration:

1. I have been currently employed as a Mechanical engineer here in Saudi Arabia. But in my IQAMA job category is normal worker (Aamel Aadhi- In arabic). Does that really matter when applying visa? And the next time when I apply, should I need to translate my iqama to English? - Please suggest
  2. Should I need to show a Letter from the current company is Saudi Arabia that I will return back after the completion of my studies in canada OR should I need to show a Letter from my previous company in homecountry -India that I will return back to the same company itself after the completion of my studies in canada
Based on purpose of your visit: I took 1 year course in Project management. I really don't know why this rejection happened.

Based on your personal assets and financial status: I have showed CA evaluation report and all assets which had a good amount that is mentioned in the report and even the bank statement.

Based on your current employment situation: I'm, working as a mechanical engineer for 1.5 years right now in Saudi. Is the rejection stated by the reason of my iqama or any other.

General Points:
  2. I have applied my visa a bit late on April 5th, my class was supposed to start by 18th May. Is this really supposed for a rejection to the above points?
As stated earlier, If anyone who has experienced this earlier could share their reviews on this and do need your help. Hoping for the best to come!!

Thanks.
At first sight your course and IELTS score seems to be a problem. Pursuing 1 year project management after working as a mechanical engineer? The medium of course is delivered in English so you would have to score higher in IELTS. I can tell you once you get your GCMS notes, one of the reason mentioned would be your language skills.

Once you have managed to fix the red flags and consider to reapply, I suggest you browse through the forum regarding high rejection rate from AUH office. You should consider options to apply from your home country if you wish to have a fair evaluation.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
At first sight your course and IELTS score seems to be a problem. Pursuing 1 year project management after working as a mechanical engineer? The medium of course is delivered in English so you would have to score higher in IELTS. I can tell you once you get your GCMS notes, one of the reason mentioned would be your language skills.

Once you have managed to fix the red flags and consider to reapply, I suggest you browse through the forum regarding high rejection rate from AUH office. You should consider options to apply from your home country if you wish to have a fair evaluation.
I don't think that English proficiency is that much of a problem, although it might have a negligible contribution to a refusal. For example, I had an IELTS total score of 6 with one band as 5.5 and I submitted my IELTS test report via a web-form and it was not a problem whatsoever. In fact, I received my AIP a day after submitting the test results. It is quite clear that the main reason for OP's refusal is that he works in a foreign country, already has a degree in mechanical engineering and is applying for 1 year of project management, which perhaps to the VO, is crystal clear that he is trying to immigrate as opposed to just study.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don't think that English proficiency is that much of a problem, although it might have a negligible contribution to a refusal. For example, I had an IELTS total score of 6 with one band as 5.5 and I submitted my IELTS test report via a web-form and it was not a problem whatsoever. In fact, I received my AIP a day after submitting the test results. It is quite clear that the main reason for OP's refusal is that he works in a foreign country, already has a degree in mechanical engineering and is applying for 1 year of project management, which perhaps to the VO, is crystal clear that he is trying to immigrate as opposed to just study.
If you submitted your ielts result a day before getting AIP, clearly it was not included in your eligibility review. I assume your application was non-SDS. OP made the mistake of submitting a poor ielts result in his application. If he applied non-SDS he should have just left out the ielts. I will be surprised if his GCMS notes doesn't mention his poor english result as a contributory factor to his refusal, in addition to all the other reasons you've listed.

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020

But, when I have checked the Visa checklist from Riyadh.. they are not asking for language requirement to submit

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
And guys what do I have to do... Im not asking to my agent... because all they need is money, so there is no point of asking. What is the nexxt step that I have to take

1. They have not mentioned any language in the refusal form. Anyways Im going to retake my IELTS after 4 days
  2. And about the course, do I really need to change the course? Because it is related to management for 1 year. So you guys could suggest me a solid reason to write this in SOP

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
And guys what do I have to do... Im not asking to my agent... because all they need is money, so there is no point of asking. What is the nexxt step that I have to take

1. Im going to retake my IELTS after 4 days
  2. And about the course, do I really need to change the course? Because it is related to management for 1 year. So you guys could suggest me a solid reason
Are you currently working in a management role/capacity? if yes, for how long? If not, then you should go for a master's degree related to your current role as a mech eng, and in a public university. You should also address your ties to your home country and make sure you have more than enough funds shown.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
If you submitted your ielts result a day before getting AIP, clearly it was not included in your eligibility review. I assume your application was non-SDS. OP made the mistake of submitting a poor ielts result in his application. If he applied non-SDS he should have just left out the ielts. I will be surprised if his GCMS notes doesn't mention his poor english result as a contributory factor to his refusal, in addition to all the other reasons you've listed.
My GCMS notes showed that the my IELTS test report was recorded, and one day later, my first stage eligibility was approved and then I received an AIP letter via email. I think he cannot apply under the SDS category if he does not live in India, can he? If his application was SDS, then his IELTS score may have had a bit more of an impact on his application.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
My GCMS notes showed that the my IELTS test report was recorded, and one day later, my first stage eligibility was approved and then I received an AIP letter via email. I think he cannot apply under the SDS category if he does not live in India, can he? If his application was SDS, then his IELTS score may have had a bit more of an impact on his application.
Was your ielts recorded prior to the day your AIP was generated? I doubt it since it was mere 24 hours before. Your webform would not even have been processed then. My ielts was also recorded in my gcms notes, but I submitted it along with my application.

He most likely applied non-SDS in which case he didn't need to submit it - especially as it was a really bad result. I wonder why his consultant didn't advise him against that?

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
Are you currently working in a management role/capacity? if yes, for how long? If not, then you should go for a master's degree related to your current role as a mech eng, and in a public university. You should also address your ties to your home country and make sure you have more than enough funds shown.
I cant get masters degree because of the backlogs that I had in my engineering. I had around 32 backlogs and canada accepts only 7. This is the main issue that I didnt opt for masters in Canada. Do you guys have encountered any of the situation having previous backlogs in UG but still got into a Masters?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Was your ielts recorded prior to the day your AIP was generated? I doubt it since it was mere 24 hours before. Your webform would not even have been processed then. My ielts was also recorded in my gcms notes, but I submitted it along with my application.

He most likely applied non-SDS in which case he didn't need to submit it - especially as it was a really bad result. I wonder why his consultant didn't advise him against that?
Had a look at my GCMS notes, and it was actually 3 days, not 1 :p I submitted it on 8/9/2020 and the AIP was issued on 11/9/2020, but the sequence of the notes signifies a connection between the submission of my IELTS report and the AIP.

If he applied with a consultant, he should now realize that most of them are of no use after OP has been on these forums long enough.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Dear people,

Timeline:

Grounds for rejection:

Based on immigration:

General Points:

Thanks.
Main 2 reasons for rejection are:
Firstly, Project management course.. it can be done anywhere or online..why spending huge amounts doing it in Canada?
Secondly, Poor IELTS Score.

Reactions: bengalliboy

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Dear people,

Timeline:

Grounds for rejection:

Based on immigration:

General Points:

Thanks.
Get GCMS notes, to know the visa officers concerns, that's just a template sent out.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I cant get masters degree because of the backlogs that I had in my engineering. I had around 32 backlogs and canada accepts only 7. This is the main issue that I didnt opt for masters in Canada. Do you guys have encountered any of the situation having previous backlogs in UG but still got into a Masters?
What exactly is backlogs? You failed your class? If so, how is it possible to graduate with so many fails