+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study visa gap in career would i be eligible

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am graduated as an engineer in 2013. I worked for 2.5 years, after that I had quit my job, and i was searching for jobs/ and preparing for governments. So i have a gap of 2 years. Now I will be joining a new company soon. Iam planning for post graduation degree from a COLLEGE in Canada. With my career gap cause hindrance for acceptance. Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you 100percent about this, i talked to two immigration agencies today, one of them said directly declined, the other one said it might be possible, they will let me know tomorrow.
I will cut my veins if you have any issues with this.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
are you 100percent about this, i talked to two immigration agencies today, one of them said directly declined, the other one said it might be possible, they will let me know tomorrow.
I agree with DelPiero (and DON'T use any of those immigration agencies; they clearly don't know anything and will get you in trouble). IRCC doesn't care about employment gaps; they just care that you have the relevant type of experience, for the number of years claimed, within the last 10 years. They couldn't give a flying flip if you claim 7 years of employment and those 7 years are punctuated by 10 employment gaps - just as long as have at least one 1-year stretch of full-time, paid, continuous employment within those 7 years.

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
I agree with DelPiero (and DON'T use any of those immigration agencies; they clearly don't know anything and will get you in trouble). IRCC doesn't care about employment gaps; they just care that you have the relevant type of experience, for the number of years claimed, within the last 10 years. They couldn't give a flying flip if you claim 7 years of employment and those 7 years are punctuated by 10 employment gaps - just as long as have at least one 1-year stretch of full-time, paid, continuous employment within those 7 years.
ok because I have seen similar posts regarding study gap or employment gap in this site, and I have also seen many youtube videos regarding this.Many applicants visas have been rejected. Many of them got accepted after 6th or 7th time I think it was. They were saying your sop needs to be strong, you have show you are not sitting idle, and you were doing some sought of course or something during that gap because you have to convince visa officials. So Iam really confused now.

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
I agree with DelPiero (and DON'T use any of those immigration agencies; they clearly don't know anything and will get you in trouble). IRCC doesn't care about employment gaps; they just care that you have the relevant type of experience, for the number of years claimed, within the last 10 years. They couldn't give a flying flip if you claim 7 years of employment and those 7 years are punctuated by 10 employment gaps - just as long as have at least one 1-year stretch of full-time, paid, continuous employment within those 7 years.[/QUOTE
also do you have any official verification from the government official or anything, stating its not a problem, that way i wont be using any agency. Thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
ok because I have seen similar posts regarding study gap or employment gap in this site, and I have also seen many youtube videos regarding this.Many applicants visas have been rejected. Many of them got accepted after 6th or 7th time I think it was. They were saying your sop needs to be strong, you have show you are not sitting idle, and you were doing some sought of course or something during that gap because you have to convince visa officials. So Iam really confused now.
What is it that you're applying for? Permanent Residency under the Express Entry programme? If you're applying for Express Entry PR, 'sitting idle' doesn't matter. I don't know if it is relevant to other types of visas, or to what visas those persons/youtube videos were alluding.

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
What is it that you're applying for? Permanent Residency under the Express Entry programme? If you're applying for Express Entry PR, 'sitting idle' doesn't matter. I don't know if it is relevant to other types of visas, or to what visas those persons/youtube videos were alluding.
no iam not talking about express entry, iam talking about student visa, iam planning to pursue higher studies in canada.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
All we have are the official guidelines from IRCC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
Your work experience must be:

• in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed.

If you can’t show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you aren’t eligible under this program.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
no iam not talking about express entry, iam talking about student visa, iam planning to pursue higher studies in canada.
This is the Express Entry Permanent Residency forum; you might want to find the Student Visa forum...