+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study then PNP advice

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hi
About to start a year of work through the Young Professional visa. Planning to do this for a year while saving up money to study,
then study nutrition or similar for a year here in Canada. I read that 1 year of studying gives you the chance of a 1 year work permit, so when I am done with the studies I figured I would apply for this and the PNP visa (skilled immigrant) as I would have 2 years of supervising experience in the country by then (thanks to Working holiday + YP).

Really want PR in Canada.
I just wanna make sure that this is a good way to go before I use my only YP and dedicate my money and the next 3 years to this.
So if anyone has anything to add, if theres anything I havent thought of etc please let me know!

Thanks
Jenn

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
jvid23 said:
Hi
About to start a year of work through the Young Professional visa. Planning to do this for a year while saving up money to study,
then study nutrition or similar for a year here in Canada. I read that 1 year of studying gives you the chance of a 1 year work permit, so when I am done with the studies I figured I would apply for this and the PNP visa (skilled immigrant) as I would have 2 years of supervising experience in the country by then (thanks to Working holiday + YP).

I just wanna make sure that this is a good way to go before I use my only YP and dedicate my money and the next 3 years to this.
So if anyone has anything to add, if theres anything I havent thought of etc please let me know!

Thanks
Jenn
This is the right place for you :-
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sinp-student-subcategory-connect-here-t470168.165.html

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
jvid23 said:
Hi

Thanks
Jenn
Please each province has different rules,for example most provinces require a job offer for international graduates.But if you graduate with a Masters in the Sciences,IT,Engineering or medical field in BC you do not need a job offer to immigrate,You only convince BC PNP that you love BC and want to live here and they give you PR.SKS gives you back part of your tuition if you settle in SKS.So what province??Just hope you are not thinking Ontario,I have 3 Ontario International graduates moving here this week looking for work in the province with the strongest job growth in 2016 :D :D :D

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
BCguy said:
Please each province has different rules,for example most provinces require a job offer for international graduates.But if you graduate with a Masters in the Sciences,IT,Engineering or medical field in BC you do not need a job offer to immigrate,You only convince BC PNP that you love BC and want to live here and they give you PR.SKS gives you back part of your tuition if you settle in SKS.So what province??Just hope you are not thinking Ontario,I have 3 Ontario International graduates moving here this week looking for work in the province with the strongest job growth in 2016 :D :D :D
Haha either BC or Alberta! Sorry that i missed to include that. Would like to do the Ainp but not sure if it would work as my YP job is in BC and might have to study there as well as it looks like there are no schools with a nutrition program for me in Alberta..

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
BC gives you massive bonus points for being educated in BC and having worked in BC,BC is your answer then ;D