+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

Jan 11, 2018
Hi i am an international student landed in canada for jan2018 intake fleming college.now i want to change my college as iam not doing well with my health and also der are no part time jobs at fleming. But admissions are closed for jan intake .so i have applied for sep2018 intake. Will it affect my work permit and do i need to face any other difficulties? Please inform me.

Dec 26, 2017
Why don't you apply for may intake? September quite long duration. I guess your study permit extension will be in problem as you are not attending January intake.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you stop studying full-time you will not be able to work at all. You will not be able to work until you start studying again in September if you register in a new course. You must notify CIC that you are changing colleges as soon as possible if you plan on withdrawing from Fleming. When you don't attend your college for 90 days your student visa will be cancelled. To change your college

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html

Jan 11, 2018
If you stop studying full-time you will not be able to work at all. You will not be able to work until you start studying again in September if you register in a new course. You must notify CIC that you are changing colleges as soon as possible if you plan on withdrawing from Fleming. When you don't attend your college for 90 days your student visa will be cancelled. To change your college

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html
I have already applied for couple of colleges but what if the college takes more than 90days to give admission, will they still cancel my visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So you have already stopped attending your course. If so yes your college will likely report you as not attending after 90 days. It might not be exactly 90 days. It is up to the college it they must report students on student visas the do not show up or withdraw. You must not work at all until your first day of fulltime studies begins again.