Study Permit>Work Permit>Marriage>Permanent Resident : help me

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am an international student, studying in Canada for 1 year 5.5 months. Probably after my study I will get three years of work permit (as per PGWP rules).

2 months ago there was a conversation of marriage for me and now its already fixed. Within 2-3 months I am going to be married and it can be called arrange marriage. Though after family conversation I started talking with her over phone and physically meet in her place and in my place as well. We fall in love already. She is a permanent resident here and doing a job where she is earning $1500+ per month. I am 24 years of age and she is 25 by certificate and passport though actually I am 26 and she is 25. We know each other well now.

Now there are some query came in my mind. If anyone know about these please help me out to know -

1. Can I apply for permanent resident after marrying her?
2. If yes, how long the processing time will be in an inland application?
3. What type of document need to show in this case?
4. Are there any obligation of taking baby while processing the application?
5. Can we travel to our own country during the processing of application?

Thanks in Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I suggest you sort out your age discrepancy and have all of your documents corrected with the proper date of birth. Not doing so when you know your documents are wrong is fraudulent.

1. Yes, she can sponsor you for PR.

2. Inland takes around 2+ years.

3. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

4. Such a ridiculous question, you can't be serious.

5. As she is a PR, your sponsor must live in Canada throughout the process. She can take short trips but anything more than that risks the app being cancelled.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
prokrito said:
1. Can I apply for permanent resident after marrying her?
2. If yes, how long the processing time will be in an inland application?
3. What type of document need to show in this case?
4. Are there any obligation of taking baby while processing the application?
5. Can we travel to our own country during the processing of application?

Thanks in Advance
1. That could be possible depending on how long she has had her PR for herself.
2. Check CIC's website for approximate processing times.
3. A whole application package of many forms need to be filled out by both yourself and your sponsor(spouse)
4. What are you asking ??
5. If you apply inland it is not recommended to leave Canada it is a chance you take that your application could be cancelled.

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for irrelevant question if I asked so, and thanks for replying.

She is a permanent resident more than one year. She came here as a dependent of his brother and he is the person of this arrange marriage.

About age - all certificates are showing I am 24 and she is 25. I mentioned our actual because some person thinks that marrying a senior lady is not good.

About my 4th question - I asked, during processing time if we take baby (just to know), is there any problem of processing the application. (to Christoph100)

Thanks again

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
prokrito said:
About my 4th question - I asked, during processing time if we take baby (just to know), is there any problem of processing the application. (to Christoph100)

Thanks again
This one is a little tricky for me .. I would think being she is already a PR here in Canada there would not be any problem. I think CIC may need to be notified however I do not think it would be required to have the baby added to the application as a dependent as your wife is already here as a PR.

The easy way to avoid any problem during the processing to be sure you do not have a baby....

A senior member with dependent knowledge could assist you more

Chris.

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your kind information.

Definitely I will consult with an immigration lawyer while making the case file.

I intend to go to my country for at least one month next year march or April along with her to celebrate our marriage function with my side relatives and friends, as we are marrying here and probably my parents will come to join the program only.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
prokrito said:
I intend to go to my country for at least one month next year march or April along with her to celebrate our marriage function with my side relatives and friends, as we are marrying here and probably my parents will come to join the program only.
As I stated, the sponsor must live in Canada throughout the process. Therefore, if she has a baby, the baby will be born in Canada and be a Canadian citizen. There would be no effect on the PR app.

If you apply inland, it is STRONGLY advised that you do not leave Canada at all throughout the process. If you are refused entry back into Canada, your inland app would be cancelled. You would then have to resubmit a new app outland and would most likely not be allowed back into Canada until you are a PR. If you want to travel home, either submit outland or wait until you return to Canada to apply inland and be prepared to not leave for 2 years.