+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected, What to do next ?

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I have not seen single post of visa approval for those with complete application. While the incomplete applicant are receiving AIP other are only getting rejection :(

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am sure the study plan was very good and well explained by me..
Working professional..
Is the field that you did your undergrad in related to what you are working in? And is the course of study that you have applied to related to your past studies or current work? If you can shed more light on this, we might be able to offer better advice. I myself came here on a student permit (at the ripe age of 34).

Also, what course did you apply to? The letter from IRCC seems to suggest that your area of study may be very specialized or have limited opportunities in your country. Also Did you get admission offer from a good university or from a not very well known college? These factors make a huge difference.

AndyT

Jun 12, 2020
Hey Guys,

Today my study permit got rejected for the following reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

kindly know that I do NOT have any family ties in Canada..

What should I do now to satisfy the immigration officer in the new application?
For Point 1: You need to prove that your family ties are stronger in your Home country and show strong intention that you will go back to your home country after completion of the program. Example : Being the one son to take care of the family and parents are not interested to move out of the country, will handle the family business once back, having land or house in your name also shows strong root in your country.

For Point 2: You need to go through the list of the courses/subjects you will be doing and how this will help to achieve your career aspirations once you are back in your home country. Example: You need to tell how you are struggling at the moment and how this program will help you to land jobs in the near future (quotes the jobs, title and probably few companies which has those roles)

Reactions: daretoamr

daretoamr

Sep 17, 2019
Is the field that you did your undergrad in related to what you are working in? And is the course of study that you have applied to related to your past studies or current work? If you can shed more light on this, we might be able to offer better advice. I myself came here on a student permit (at the ripe age of 34).

Also, what course did you apply to? The letter from IRCC seems to suggest that your area of study may be very specialized or have limited opportunities in your country. Also Did you get admission offer from a good university or from a not very well known college? These factors make a huge difference.
Same field.
the admission is from the 2nd or 3rd best college in British Columbia as far to my knowledge and it's a public institution.

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
You should request a GCMS notes and see what visa officer has concern about your file. And then based on the visa officer notes explain his concerns and reapply.

Could you please let us know your biometric and medical date? Did you submit your biometric and medical? or You got the refusal before you submitted the biometrics?
This website takes GCMS order and it's relatively cheaper than other companies providing GCMS. Try thegcmsonline.com

One thing is that u have to pay them first and then they will give u the instructions for consent form to fill out. You must fill the form in Blue pen. Rest follow the instructions only. Good luck bro..

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Same field.
the admission is from the 2nd or 3rd best college in British Columbia as far to my knowledge and it's a public institution.
It is very surprising then. They usually don't reject permits for top institutions (assuming you haves shown plenty of finances). I can't think of any thing off the top of my head. Maybe the officers didn't see any strong ties that you have anywhere and decided to reject the application based just on that. But that is still very rare IMO, especially if you have been admitted to a good program. Admission to a good program generally shows that you are serious about improving your skills.

Panku Trehan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Yes I have been in Qatar for 3 years
Non SDS
I did apply last may
I have applied from my home country Egypt
Even i faced rejection in jan intake 2 times cos agent applied my file again without letting me know. I applied gcms notes. There is nthn metioned like 5 years gap or else as i was also having doubt of this tht may b a huge gap is reason of rejection. I will suggest before applying again plss get gcms notes then fix the reasons and apply again

anish777

Apr 25, 2015
This website takes GCMS order and it's relatively cheaper than other companies providing GCMS. Try thegcmsonline.com

One thing is that u have to pay them first and then they will give u the instructions for consent form to fill out. You must fill the form in Blue pen. Rest follow the instructions only. Good luck bro..
Can anyone apply through this website or one needs to have account in canadian bank

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I have not seen single post of visa approval for those with complete application. While the incomplete applicant are receiving AIP other are only getting rejection :(
Maybe because they will issue full approval but the VACs are still close for stamping and if VACs are open there‘s still a travel restriction in place. Again its just my assumption:), Maybe they will issue full approval after Aug 31 and IS be allowed to enter Canada.

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020
Maybe because they will issue full approval but the VACs are still close for stamping and if VACs are open there‘s still a travel restriction in place. Again its just my assumption:), Maybe they will issue full approval after Aug 31 and IS be allowed to enter Canada.
No. Complete applications with biometrics and medical if approved will also be receiving an AIP. And so students can start studying. No visa stamping will happen even if your application is complete. Because travel restriction and VAC closed. So once the AIP is issued even for full application start studies then.

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
No. Complete applications with biometrics and medical if approved will also be receiving an AIP. And so students can start studying. No visa stamping will happen even if your application is complete. Because travel restriction and VAC closed. So once the AIP is issued even for full application start studies then.
Our fate is in the hands of VO accessing our application. No matter we how hard we think about it, its just goin to be either approve or reject. I got tired of overthinking and sharing my frustrations will not help either. What to do:confused:.

Reactions: amsanae