+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused

Posi

Apr 11, 2018
Hello everyone,
I'm a Minor and I applied for student visa on March 9...My application was processed on March 28 as written on the refusal letter and was delivered to VFS here in my country (Nigeria)

I was so shocked I was refused because I was a minor and first time applicant, even above that all my documentations are in proper place plus finance again....

They stated I was refused because, I didn't indicate I would leave Canada after my stay based on my travel history

That made me laugh because I have never travelled before

And the second reason was that...I still didnt indicate I would leave Canada after my stay based on purpose of visit

It is very clear my purpose is to go study...in uwinnipeg

I dont even understand what they mean
Any guiding solutions or an explaination on what this means??

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Give your profile details

What forms you submitted
What supporting documents you provided
Your pervious education qualifications

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
The reason i can think of is how you structured your SOP. What a visa officer wants to see is you trying to talk about yourself rather than canada. Someone who writes about his university and praises the university rather than writing about Canada and praising canada will make a good impression. And secondly you will have to mention how this course will help you with job opportunities or business opportunities in your country after you graduate. And lastly to prove that you have no interest in staying in Canada after your education is complete, i suggest that you show a fixed deposit of any amount (small amount is also good) for a perioid of 6 7 years. It worked for me.