+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

Lovena1206

Apr 30, 2018
Hi everyone, my study permit was refused because of lack of financial support and family ties in Canada and my country of residence. Now i wish to apply again can you help me on how to prove the missing information.

Thanks for the help.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
you can request for your gcms notes to know the exact full detailed reasons for the refusal, it takes a month to arrive.

what are the exact documents you submitted?? state your complete profile

Reactions: PARAM-

Lovena1206

Apr 30, 2018
I was a visitor in Canada since July 2017 and applied for an extension in Jan 2018 and applied for a study permit at VAC Los Angeles. I got an answer yesterday to say that i don't have sufficient funds to support me and my family during my stay in Canada. I was also applying for an OWP for my common law partner.
I have shown bank statement + payslip of my father sponsoring me and my own bank statement ( our joint account ) Investment plans, letter of employment in my country. Personal statement letter, ties to my country- my family, land title.
What does Immigration means by family ties in Canada and country of residence ? I have an uncle in Canada who wrote a letter to support me which i included in my application.

Can i contact them by email to ask them for the gcms notes ?

Thanks for your help.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
..I see nothing wrong in your documentation, but when your uncle wrote to support you, did you show any of his financial documet or his employment letter?

The your bank statement(s) shows a huge sum deposited into it once or a breakdown of a normal regular transactions? if your bank statements shows a once huge deposit, the VO might think its a borrowed funds or not yours which was deposited for visa purpose

since you already on visitor visa, and records shows you have extended your stay once, then who were you visiting and what convincing ties to the people you visiting in Canada did you link to them(I.e are they PR, employed, tax payers etc)

As your family in your home country, what proof did you show that makes the family ties authentic(I.e birth certificates etc)

What immigration means by family ties in Canada and your home country is that you showed a weak home and Canada ties which was not convincing to the VO

In your SOP, how did you explain yourself, your family ties and reasons you decide to apply for a study permit instead of coming back home when on a visiting visa.

you can share your SOP let me go through it if you want.. johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

Once a VO is suspicious of your application, they just pick reasons close to why they think you are been refused direct or indirectly

Since your uncle and you are in Canada, if your uncle is a PR holder, he can request the gcms note for you for $5cad or if he's not, you can get an immigration lawyer or someone you know that has a PR to request it for you.. you can request it yourself if you not a PR holder

To beginning or before you do anything regarding your SP, request for your gcms note

Lovena1206

Apr 30, 2018
..I see nothing wrong in your documentation, but when your uncle wrote to support you, did you show any of his financial documet or his employment letter?

The your bank statement(s) shows a huge sum deposited into it once or a breakdown of a normal regular transactions? if your bank statements shows a once huge deposit, the VO might think its a borrowed funds or not yours which was deposited for visa purpose

since you already on visitor visa, and records shows you have extended your stay once, then who were you visiting and what convincing ties to the people you visiting in Canada did you link to them(I.e are they PR, employed, tax payers etc)

As your family in your home country, what proof did you show that makes the family ties authentic(I.e birth certificates etc)

What immigration means by family ties in Canada and your home country is that you showed a weak home and Canada ties which was not convincing to the VO

In your SOP, how did you explain yourself, your family ties and reasons you decide to apply for a study permit instead of coming back home when on a visiting visa.

you can share your SOP let me go through it if you want.. johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

Once a VO is suspicious of your application, they just pick reasons close to why they think you are been refused direct or indirectly

Since your uncle and you are in Canada, if your uncle is a PR holder, he can request the gcms note for you for $5cad or if he's not, you can get an immigration lawyer or someone you know that has a PR to request it for you.. you can request it yourself if you not a PR holder

To beginning or before you do anything regarding your SP, request for your gcms note

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The main issue is that it seems like you and your family have been in Canada as visitors for almost a year. It is very hard to show you will return to your home country if you have been living in Canada for a year. How were you supporting yourselves? Do you have property in your name in your home country? Assume you and your spouse have no job to tie you to your home country. Have you tried to immigrate to Canada through other means already?

Lovena1206

Apr 30, 2018
I was visiting my Uncle in Canada and staying with him. Yes i have a land title on my name in my own country and even sent that together with my application. No did not try to immigrate through other means.Th reason why i came to Canada on TRV because i was fooled by an immigration agent who left us in Canada. and i apply for the study permit by own.