+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit refusal

adesakol07

May 4, 2016
hello pls i need help as to what next to do either to reapply or to appeal.
I applied for a study permit at the Lagos vfs and was denied a visa. the reasons for denial are:
the VO says
-I have not satisfied him/her that i would leave Canada at the end of my stay
-purpose of my visit.

pls i would like to know what to correct if am reapplying, obviously if am applying for a study permit my purpose of visit is to study. I got admission into Conestoga college to study project management.
thanks as you help out.

faythebest

May 1, 2016
Hello, my niece got refused for the same reason. She applied online. She is planning to re-apply with VFS from Dar-Es-Salaam. The problem with CIC is that they don't give details. She emailed them in Nairobi with still no replies.

I hope it works out this time.

Farko

Jan 26, 2016
Adesakol pls provide us with more information so as to be able to help u;
When did u apply?
When where u refused?
Was it online?
Wat course?
Wat course did u study in the university?
When did u graduate?
Where u called for medicals?
Wat course did u apply for?

adesakol07

May 4, 2016
i applied on the 3rd of February 2016.
i was refused on the 28th of April 2016
yes i applied online
i got admisssion for project management at Conestoga college, which i was meant to start classses on the 9th of May if i had got the visa.
i studied civil engineering at Igbinedion university okada, Nigeria.
i graduated in 2013.
i wasnt called for medicals before refusal.
thanks

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
adesakol07 said:
i applied on the 3rd of February 2016.
i was refused on the 28th of April 2016
yes i applied online
i got admisssion for project management at Conestoga college, which i was meant to start classses on the 9th of May if i had got the visa.
i studied civil engineering at Igbinedion university okada, Nigeria.
i graduated in 2013.
i wasnt called for medicals before refusal.
thanks
if you weren't called for medicals, this means that definitely there was something in your documents which was not right. why dont you apply for CAIPS.
BEST OF LUCK

sisswa

Feb 1, 2016
you were refused because because you werent able to show strong good ties to your home country and also not providing good write up of statement of purpose

guess this will help you when re applying.

Tips for home-ties

Responsibilities - are you a parent, married, have kids? are you the next heir of your family? are you a leader in some institution, do people depend on you for some type of help that will require your presence?

Relationships - is every single member of your family back home? do you have a fiance/spouse? are you engaged? are they customs and traditions that require you to come back home after your studies?

Property/business ownership - do you have a property or a business?, is there a highly valued investment that requires your full attention?

Employment - do you have a secured job after your study? do you have a leave letter? is your employer back home sponsoring your studies abroad? Do you plan to come back after your studies and establish your own business?

Show a documented proof that any of the above applies to you and also describe what you it means to you and why you should return to take care of it.

If none of the above really applies to you carefully describe in your letter of intent (or statement of purpose) what you intend to do with your degree once you return from your studies. There are lots of things you can apply your degree to when you return, so focus on the best points. Let everything you describe point to your home country not abroad.

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
One more thing that from couple of months CHC of all over the world is become very strict even in Singapore many Malaysian students are getting refusals who have very good financial backgrounds too.
it could be a part of policy change in department and officers have received strict instructions to follow.

Thee_impulse

Jun 11, 2016
I'm also from Nigeria and I got refused cuz of the same reason and lack of financial resources and I clearly have more than enough. I reapplied and put three houses we own as assets to cover up for the not returning part and uploaded a 6month bank statement and got a signed letter of financial support. Hopefully, with this modifications, I would be granted a visa. Its not too late to reapply, Godspeed

gakintan

May 17, 2016
Hello adesakol07,

One item for your refusal is your choice of course. It is assumed that this course can be done online or less than one year in your home country. This reason may be peculiar to your home country.

Testquality

Jun 25, 2016
Hi ,

I have a question regarding student visa for canada .I had already applied for spouse visa I. E my spouse is a PR in canada he had sponsored me but now my spouse has withdrawn my application and now I m planning to go on student visa .Can you guys tell me will there be any problem in student visa as I had already applied for spouse visa which is now withdrawn?

nwolisaemmanuel

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hello adesakol07,
i think you should change your program.you can go for construction project management as you have 1st degree in civil engineer