+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit Q

rpriya

Feb 25, 2008
My sister is currently visiting Canada. She has experience as a Classroom Assistant in a montesorri setting back in Malaysia. We tried applying for work permit under the Live in Caregiver Program but it was rejected as she is missing 1 year of schooling - need 12 but she has 11. The officer also mentioned that she didn't feel like it was a genuine application as I was the one who invited her to visit me and then I offered the job as well.

She is interested in pursuing the Live In Caregiver diploma offered here. What are the chances for her to get the study permit approved?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rpriya said:
My sister is currently visiting Canada. She has experience as a Classroom Assistant in a montesorri setting back in Malaysia. We tried applying for work permit under the Live in Caregiver Program but it was rejected as she is missing 1 year of schooling - need 12 but she has 11. The officer also mentioned that she didn't feel like it was a genuine application as I was the one who invited her to visit me and then I offered the job as well.

She is interested in pursuing the Live In Caregiver diploma offered here. What are the chances for her to get the study permit approved?
In Canada? Nil, she can't apply for a study permit in Canada as a visitor.

PMM