+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit -> PR/PGWP

tg12

Nov 5, 2023
Hi,

I cannot find concrete information on this on the website. I am currently on a study permit.

I have completed 2 years at UBC, and if for 1 year I pursue another DLI program (DLI not PGWEP eligible) and graduate from UBC after this 1 year.

In this case
1. Will I still be eligible for PGWEP since I am graduating from UBC or will attending another non-eligible school hamper it?
2. Will I have to show both of these transcripts once applying to PGWEP and with how much scrutiny other DLI be seen?
3. Will I have to give reasons as to why I changed DLI - What if it is an unauthorized reason for more than 150 days?

In all these times the basic PGWEP conditions are met which is being in Canada at all times and actively pursuing studies. I cannot avoid switching schools due to personal reasons but please let me know if you have any recommendations, I want to get PGWEP.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I cannot find concrete information on this on the website. I am currently on a study permit.

I have completed 2 years at UBC, and if for 1 year I pursue another DLI program (DLI not PGWEP eligible) and graduate from UBC after this 1 year.

In this case
1. Will I still be eligible for PGWEP since I am graduating from UBC or will attending another non-eligible school hamper it?
2. Will I have to show both of these transcripts once applying to PGWEP and with how much scrutiny other DLI be seen?
3. Will I have to give reasons as to why I changed DLI - What if it is an unauthorized reason for more than 150 days?

In all these times the basic PGWEP conditions are met which is being in Canada at all times and actively pursuing studies. I cannot avoid switching schools due to personal reasons but please let me know if you have any recommendations, I want to get PGWEP.

Thanks!
Was your period of leave from UBC authorized by that school? Did you receive authorization to stop your UBC studies for a year?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

In this case

Thanks!
If you are switching schools I don’t see how you are guaranteed graduation from UBC. Personal reason and not authorized by UBC (authorized leave is primarily medical leave which will require proof from your treating physicians and records of treatment/surgery)