+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Help!

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hi, I did mechanical engineering in India and applied for 2 year Supply chain management course. I landed in Canada and received my study permit. In the Field of Study section, it is written: "Business/Mang/marketing". Before starting of course, I changed my course to Mobile Application Development course in the same college. But it is an IT course. But my the field of study in my study permit is different. Now, do I need to inform this thing to CIC or I have to apply for a new study permit?
How can I contact CIC to ask about this from them? I did a lot of research on google, unfortunately, I could not found any way to contact them.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp

Jessreal

Sep 14, 2017
I think if you remain in the same school you dont need to update the CIC, you need to update them if you change your school

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
I think if you remain in the same school you dont need to update the CIC, you need to update them if you change your school
Hi, thanks for your response. But under the
"You need to contact us if you:" section, it is written
  • need to change any conditions written on your study permit.
That means I need to contact them. But I don't know how can I contact them.

Jessreal

Sep 14, 2017
Hi, thanks for your response. But under the
"You need to contact us if you:" section, it is written
  • need to change any conditions written on your study permit.
That means I need to contact them. But I don't know how can I contact them.
Because my friend change her course and she didnt update the cic

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There seems to be some conflicting information. You don't have to notify if you change programs at the same school but you do have to notify if something changes on your study permit. I think you don't need to notify because you are not changing schools but may want to call in to ask whether you need to notify about the change in what it is actually on your study visa. Your choice.