+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit? HELP!

estinnis

Jul 17, 2013
My girlfriend is coming to Canada for a few months to take a certificate course in Business. CIC's website says that you only need a study permit for full time studies that last for more than 6 months. The course that she is enrolled in is only once per week for 3 hours, and lasts for only 3 months. I've been told that it might be risky telling an immigration officer at the border that she plans on studying, even though she doesn't have a study permit. Should we tell instead tell them that she is just visiting? Or should we say exactly what is happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
estinnis said:
My girlfriend is coming to Canada for a few months to take a certificate course in Business. CIC's website says that you only need a study permit for full time studies that last for more than 6 months. The course that she is enrolled in is only once per week for 3 hours, and lasts for only 3 months. I've been told that it might be risky telling an immigration officer at the border that she plans on studying, even though she doesn't have a study permit. Should we tell instead tell them that she is just visiting? Or should we say exactly what is happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Contact's CIC office or vfs if you are from india

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
As per CIC website you don't have to take study permit if the course is under six moths. If you are asked at the port of entry just tell the truth and no harm will done as they already know this fact.