+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

M8sidhu

Jun 17, 2021
Hey, I applied for my study permit extension in March on 31. I just got one email saying that send your transcripts in may. After that I didn’t hear back from them. Is anyone facing the same problem ??

liamle

Jul 13, 2021
It taking so long for everyone but once you submit the document, the only option is to wait.
I have a friends who have been waiting for more than 1 year but for me, when i apply in June 21st, i just got my approval today.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey, I applied for my study permit extension in March on 31. I just got one email saying that send your transcripts in may. After that I didn’t hear back from them. Is anyone facing the same problem ??

Contact them
1-888-242-2100

Sid R

Apr 19, 2021
I have too applied on the 24th May 2021 and no update till now. But, most of my friends who have applied after me, got like within even 3 days and 15-20 days approx. It took them although 2-3 Weeks to get it delivered the Hardcopy. But, their approval was on GCKey within 3-20 Days! I tried calling IRCC and the call operator also did tell me that "in progress, everything is normal". I am frustrated. Its taking long time for some and short time for some.

M8sidhu

Jun 17, 2021
I have too applied on the 24th May 2021 and no update till now. But, most of my friends who have applied after me, got like within even 3 days and 15-20 days approx. It took them although 2-3 Weeks to get it delivered the Hardcopy. But, their approval was on GCKey within 3-20 Days! I tried calling IRCC and the call operator also did tell me that "in progress, everything is normal". I am frustrated. Its taking long time for some and short time for some.
Same with me! God knows how they process applications!

Sid R

Apr 19, 2021
We have Sid common in our names and now I surely doubt about their working of processing applications. Haha.

aa476395774

Sep 16, 2021
I also experienced this! Submitted on May 28th and no update until today! Call them multiple times while they told me eligibility was passed two months ago. Ordered the gcms notes and it indicated no one touched my case after June 17th. I really think they forgot my case. DAMN and we can’t even contact with the office!

GingerAle07

Sep 13, 2021
I also experienced this! Submitted on May 28th and no update until today! Call them multiple times while they told me eligibility was passed two months ago. Ordered the gcms notes and it indicated no one touched my case after June 17th. I really think they forgot my case. DAMN and we can’t even contact with the office!
I submitted on Jun 8 and no update as well, my permit will expired at the end of this month. Should I order gcms notes as well or ask them eligibility status first? Also how did you order gcms notes? Thanks

aa476395774

Sep 16, 2021
I submitted on Jun 8 and no update as well, my permit will expired at the end of this month. Should I order gcms notes as well or ask them eligibility status first? Also how did you order gcms notes? Thanks
Well if your current permit is still valid you can submit ATIP request to order your notes. However, I don’t think it really helps… I really doubt they forgot our cases, given the situation that we all experienced this crazy long processing time. One thing is strange that I found my secondary office is Ottawa IRCC, the office for visitor visa which current has lots of backlogs. I don’t know if this is why my case took this long… it might be a mis-sorting issue?

GingerAle07

Sep 13, 2021
Well if your current permit is still valid you can submit ATIP request to order your notes. However, I don’t think it really helps… I really doubt they forgot our cases, given the situation that we all experienced this crazy long processing time. One thing is strange that I found my secondary office is Ottawa IRCC, the office for visitor visa which current has lots of backlogs. I don’t know if this is why my case took this long… it might be a mis-sorting issue?
It says “must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada”. How can I submit this request since I’m an international student?

aa476395774

Sep 16, 2021
It says “must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada”. How can I submit this request since I’m an international student?
You are the individual currently present in Canada. As long as you can prove that you are currently in Canada that’s fine. You can use your study permit

GingerAle07

Sep 13, 2021
You are the individual currently present in Canada. As long as you can prove that you are currently in Canada that’s fine. You can use your study permit
Thank you, just submitted the note, hopefully I can get at least eligibility review passed.
Also when will your study permit expired?