+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

jibujacob93

Oct 24, 2015
Hi
I have my study permit and visa expired on July 30th, 2017. My course is until December 2017.
I am planning to go to my country next week and come back on June 15th. Will there be any complications in applying for study permit extension after coming back? And also is it safe to exit Canada and come back with only around 40 days in my study permit. I heard there will be questions asked in immigration on my return because I have only 40 days left on my study permit.

I have my enrollment letter from my university for the spring semester and also have an additional document stating that I will be a full-time student until December. Is it safe to travel and come back with only 40 days of study permit and apply for the study permit extension after coming back?

Or should I apply for extension and travel?

Thanks for your replies guys.

zyan

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
jibujacob93 said:
Hi
I have my study permit and visa expired on July 30th, 2017. My course is until December 2017.
I am planning to go to my country next week and come back on June 15th. Will there be any complications in applying for study permit extension after coming back? And also is it safe to exit Canada and come back with only around 40 days in my study permit. I heard there will be questions asked in immigration on my return because I have only 40 days left on my study permit.

I have my enrollment letter from my university for the spring semester and also have an additional document stating that I will be a full-time student until December. Is it safe to travel and come back with only 40 days of study permit and apply for the study permit extension after coming back?

Or should I apply for extension and travel?

Thanks for your replies guys.
First you apply study permit Extension. Then you go your country.