+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Guys, my brother has applied for a study permit extension. But there is one important question I wanted to ask. He used the same medical that he had from last year. The expiry date on the medical was 23rd June, 2015 and he submitted his application online on the same day. What do you guys think about this?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
You dont need a medical for an extension.

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Yes, Medical is required. I appled for an extension recently.
Hey, even if that medical was expiring the same day and is not acceptable by CiC, then not to worry. They would send a request to get the medical done again. Obviously, you might have to shed some dollars in that case. Overall, not an issue at all. Cheers!

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Is something different about your case? I'm 99% sure people who extend a study permit dont require a medical. Unless ofcourse you came to canada very recently.

Infact I applied for an extension recently aswell and did not need to submit a medical.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Josh21 said:
Is something different about your case? I'm 99% sure people who extend a study permit dont require a medical. Unless ofcourse you came to canada very recently.

Infact I applied for an extension recently aswell and did not need to submit a medical.

You need medical for SP extension if you have lived for 6 or more consecutive months in last one year, in following countries. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Thanks for all the responses guys. Thanks Monish for going further and commenting on what would happen if the medical that we submitted wasn't acceptable! :) And I guess, because students applying for SP extension have been living in Canada for a year or more already (because the SP only expires in 1 year), medical may be waived. An exception would be that if you visited one of the countries in the list that J5M has shared with us; in that case the medical would be necessary for sure.

mueen ismail

Jul 10, 2015
Hey

Unless you've lived in a designated country (you can check list of designated countries on CIC's website) you don't need a medical for an extension! :D