+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension (MAY 2023 Applicants)

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Hey guys! Just wanted to update that my study permit extension got approved today! I applied on May 20th and was approved on June 27th!
Congrats.
I applied on March 15 and nothing has happened yet

Jul 1, 2023
Hello. I got my pp stamped for study permit n it's valid till March 2024 but my deferred intake is may2024. It's a one year course, What to do

shajol

Aug 24, 2023
Hi, Is there anyone who had applied for the study permit extension recently? We had applied for the study permit extension on July 8th along with my OWP extension and then after July 22nd she had went to implied status. Her studies had finished on 24th August but still there is no reply from IRCC.
I want to know,
* if a student is on implied status and her studies had finished already, can she work?

* The current processing time for study permit extension on IRCC's website is 71days, should we expect the extension within 71 days or it might take even longer?

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Hi, Is there anyone who had applied for the study permit extension recently? We had applied for the study permit extension on July 8th along with my OWP extension and then after July 22nd she had went to implied status. Her studies had finished on 24th August but still there is no reply from IRCC.
I want to know,
* if a student is on implied status and her studies had finished already, can she work?

* The current processing time for study permit extension on IRCC's website is 71days, should we expect the extension within 71 days or it might take even longer?
I think that a maintained status is the same as your permit - you can't work since you have a study permit. You can work only limited time on campus or smth like this, see your document.
That processing time is just an approximate average number. I waited 150 days, my colleagues received their approvals within 2-3 weeks. It depends on where your application is processed, some places are more efficient than others.

owen123

Jun 2, 2023
I want to know,

Does finishing studies mean you have graduated? If the answer is yes, your study permit is no longer valid and should not work until pgwp is approved. Don't trust the estimated date on the website, because it took me 15 days longer than the estimated date to get the study permit.

Guillermo_23

Sep 7, 2023
Mine took longer than 5 months but i applied with my spouse's sowp and daughter's s permit extensions, maybe thats why
Hi. I also applied for my sowp and my study permit extension since may 8th. How long dod it take for you? When you applied and when you got it? Thank you for the info.