+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension help

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Just go to them and ask for profile statement of your account.
Hi Aneep Kumar, thank u. Another question, do we still need to submit like progress report when extending? Like how many subjects you finished already and what is still left? Or just an enrollment letter is enough? Who will explain why are we extending? The school or the student in the letter of explanation?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hi Aneep Kumar, thank u. Another question, do we still need to submit like progress report when extending? Like how many subjects you finished already and what is still left? Or just an enrollment letter is enough? Who will explain why are we extending? The school or the student in the letter of explanation?
You can simply add your enrollment letter and your current transcript. if transcript not available then offer letter of your program is also ok. Also do not forget to add your fee slips for the semester you enrolled in.

HarryGilll

Dec 12, 2019
You can simply add your enrollment letter and your current transcript. if transcript not available then offer letter of your program is also ok. Also do not forget to add your fee slips for the semester you enrolled in.
Hello Sir
I also need your help
I came to canada in january 2019 with 2 year business diploma (jan 2019-april 2020) in Saskpolytech college in Saskatchewan but I failed in third semester which was from September to december but my college only offers 3rd sem in September so Instead of waiting till September 2020 I took admission into an 8 month full-time program in regina university to stay a full time student until my 3rd semester starts. Regina course is from jan to august and ive already recieved a letter of acceptance for september in saskpolytech.
So, my permit is till july. If I apply for a permit extension including my September offer letter to let them know that im going back to my original college to complete my diploma and ask for extension, what are the problems that I might have to face even if i provide all my documentation?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello Sir
I also need your help
I came to canada in january 2019 with 2 year business diploma (jan 2019-april 2020) in Saskpolytech college in Saskatchewan but I failed in third semester which was from September to december but my college only offers 3rd sem in September so Instead of waiting till September 2020 I took admission into an 8 month full-time program in regina university to stay a full time student until my 3rd semester starts. Regina course is from jan to august and ive already recieved a letter of acceptance for september in saskpolytech.
So, my permit is till july. If I apply for a permit extension including my September offer letter to let them know that im going back to my original college to complete my diploma and ask for extension, what are the problems that I might have to face even if i provide all my documentation?
I do not think there is any problem as long as you remain at school and keeps your status full time. You have done right thin taking an 8 month course. You are good to go apply for extension based on new offer letter and explain your real story to IRCC. You should be absolutely fine.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
No, profile statement shows how much balance you have in your account altogether. It may come from different accounts irrespective of the banks. Generally, for study permit extension one needs $2500 in his/her account.

bilbo123

Jun 2, 2020
No, profile statement shows how much balance you have in your account altogether. It may come from different accounts irrespective of the banks. Generally, for study permit extension one needs $2500 in his/her account.
What about SOP? Do I need to write any sort of SOP? Note that I have to also extend my co-op, I used my co-op letter in Feb 2020 to get co-op, can I use the same letter again?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
You cam write an explanation letter if u want. Its not mandatory though, as IRCC access all your information when processing any of your document.