+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Sst1309

Mar 21, 2024
Hi Guys,
I applied for my study permit extension on Mar 18, 2024 and my current study permit expires on Apr 30, 2024. My course already ended and the new starts on May 08th,2024.
Hoping that i get it by next month. How soon did you guys get a response?
I will keep you guys updated.

Hey guys,
My application got approved!!!
So i applied for study permit extension on Mar 18, 2024 and my background check was completed on Mar 22 and my biometrics got updated on Apr 03. My application was approved on Apr 10. So glad it took less than a month. They have really sped up the process and i hope you guys get yours soon as well!!
Best of Luck and thanks to all those who posted here before. Really calmed my nerves.

Reactions: Amirahsn

Amirahsn

Jan 4, 2024
Thank you for letting us know. It was just a SP or SOWP too? I think single SP are being processed fast than multi files

Batul Bharmal

May 1, 2024
I have applied for a study permit extension with spousal open work permit extension on 23rd jan our permits were suppose to exipre on 30th of April my husband received the initial work permit stating that he can work under same condition till july 2024 on 27th jan. Our biometrics are also updated. I am not sure whats taking so long to process the application any views what should i do?

dreamer03

May 2, 2024
Hi, I and my husband applied for visa extension. i got approved immediately while hub’s student visa has not arrived yet. We applied on Jan 7 2024 and still waiting. is there a high chance it got approved this month?

dreamer03

May 2, 2024
I have applied for a study permit extension with spousal open work permit extension on 23rd jan our permits were suppose to exipre on 30th of April my husband received the initial work permit stating that he can work under same condition till july 2024 on 27th jan. Our biometrics are also updated. I am not sure whats taking so long to process the application any views what should i do?
we’re almost on the same timeline. we also applied jan 7 2024 and only me got an approval instantly while hubs’ still waiting for now. his visa expired april 26 and been waiting for the extension so we can apply for pgwp.

dreamer03

May 2, 2024
anyone whose student visa extension got approved recently that applied in Jan 2024? we’re still waiting :(

Ocram

May 6, 2024
I read somewhere in this forum about a couple applying for SP+SOWP, they applied Dec 12 and got approved April 30

dreamer03

May 2, 2024
same case with me. I (owp) and husband (sp) applied on Jan 7 for visa extension but only me hot the approval while sp has not received and update til now yet. any chance this can be looked into. we received recent email from webform that they have received the inquiry but nothing else states assurance when possibly and sp has a work waiting.

prabes

May 1, 2024
I applied study permit extension+ sowp extension on Dec 03, 2023. Nothing so far. My study competed on April, 2023. I am now on maintained status.

Batul Bharmal

May 1, 2024
I applied study permit extension+ sowp extension on Dec 03, 2023. Nothing so far. My study competed on April, 2023. I am now on maintained status.
did you receive the sowp temporary work permit letter if that expires how will you keep working for the same employer?

prabes

May 1, 2024
did you receive the sowp temporary work permit letter if that expires how will you keep working for the same employer?
I receive the "sowp temporary letter" but even that going to expire at the end of May, 2024. I don't think my wife is allowed to work after that.