+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Hi Guys,
I applied for my study permit extension on Mar 18, 2024 and my current study permit expires on Apr 30, 2024. My course already ended and the new starts on May 08th,2024.
Hoping that i get it by next month. How soon did you guys get a response?
I will keep you guys updated.
I applied on March 14, 2024 and my permit expires on April 30, 2024 too. Please keep me posted regarding any update and I will also be doing the same. At the moment my application is in progress and review of eligibility hasn't started. Thank you.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
I applied on March 14, 2024 and my permit expires on April 30, 2024 too. Please keep me posted regarding any update and I will also be doing the same. At the moment my application is in progress and review of eligibility hasn't started. Thank you.
Just got an update today saying eligibility review has started and got my correspondence letter too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amirahsn

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
Hello guys my study permit expires on April 30th,my course ends on April 19th. I have applied for study permit extension on March 19th, my biometrics was updated on the page in March 24th. I haven't gotten any correspondence Lett or anything yet.

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
So today I logged on to check my application status and my status said - “profile updated”.

I didn’t get an email and couldn’t see any changes however but I’m thinking maybe this means I’ll get the real update in a day or two.

here’s my timeline so far -

Feb 29th - Application submitted
March 1st - Email saying application status changed/updated (ghost update)
March 4th - Email saying application status changed/updated: eligibility started.
March 19th - Application status changed from “submitted” to “profile updated”

I also just saw in this thread that a February 22nd applicant was approved on March 15th -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-extension.840739/post-10785303

Good Luck everyone!
I applied on March 19th ,in my profile my biometrics got updated on March 24th , there have been any updates after that

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
Yeah I got emails on March 1st and 4th. Both said “We updated your application status”. But when I logged in on the 1st I couldn’t see any changes except possibly for background check which says - “we are processing your background check.”

On the 4th the email was to let me know eligibility had started (eligibility changed from - we will send you an email when we start reviewing your eligibility to “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”.)

Then I noticed my date of biometrics enrollment/expiry had also been added to my profile (I had them from a previous application).

Have you received any emails since you applied? And what does it say under details about your application status? Has background check or eligibility started?
For me it says we are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Also my biometrics have been added.
I applied on March 19th and my biometrics added on March 24th, what will be the next update.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
For me it says we are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Also my biometrics have been added.
I applied on March 19th and my biometrics added on March 24th, what will be the next update.
Next update will most likely be the eligibility review and then final decision.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Just got my approval!

No email yet but logged in and my application was updated to final decision: March 20th, 2024 your application was approved.

Full timeline
Feb 29th - Application submitted
March 1st - Email, background check started
March 4th - Email, eligibility started
March 20th - Email, Biometrics Validity letter
March 21st - Final Decision: Application approved

Good Luck everyone!
You got an email for background check too? I've never heard of it before.