+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approved! (Counterfoil document only valid for one year)

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Timeline :
Online application lodged - June 19
Biometrics request letter - June 20
Medical request letter - June 22
Biometrics & medical completed - June 25
Medical passed - June 26
Biometrics correspondence letter - July 2
Original passport request - July 14
Correspondence (approval letter) - July 18th

Program - UTP stage 2 : Business (International College of Manitoba)
PROGRAM start date is Sept 3rd (first term offered online) and anticipated end date is August 2021, upon completion of UTP stage 2 I'll be transferred into University of Manitoba's second year of my undergraduate program which starts on Sept 2021 and is for three years until August 2024.
However my counterfoil document issued by the IRCC is valid only until 2021 December 1st.
Will i need to extend my study permit upon the completion of UTP stage 2 and or will i be offered a four year visa at the airport upon arrival to cover my whole course?
This forum has been really helpful throughout my process, wish you all out there success on your applications! Thanks guys!! :D
Initially, I also got a visa for 1 year. So, your study permit will also be for 1 yr. Before expiry, you have to apply first for a study permit extension and then TRV after study permit approval.

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I know some students applied in Jan are still waiting how is it possible to get visa for those applied in June or July for fall intake?

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
If the files are being processed in Canada , there must have been approvals started by now for SDS applicants since Canada is operating when compared to ind
I said only certain processes are done in Canada. In Canada, the application is reviewed first and if it is found OK they send it over to the regional office for final decision and approval. My application has been processed in CPC-Edmonton and CPC-Ottawa. Still pending final decision though.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Is this true or just an assumption ??
I said only certain processes are done in Canada. In Canada, the application is reviewed first and if it is found OK they send it over to the regional office for final decision and approval. My application has been processed in CPC-Edmonton and CPC-Ottawa. Still pending final decision though.
He’s right !

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Can u advise how to know the status in detail
I guess the only thing we can do to get a more detailed information on our current file while waiting is to order GCMS notes… but I personally don’t think it will do any good because ordering GCMS or not, the waiting period would remain the same and if there’s any new update, we are always updated on our GC Key account.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020

saqib548

Jul 18, 2020
Timeline :
Medical passed - June 26

PROGRAM start date is Sept 3rd (first term offered online) and anticipated end date is August 2021, upon completion of UTP stage 2 I'll be transferred into University of Manitoba's second year of my undergraduate program which starts on Sept 2021 and is for three years until August 2024.
However my counterfoil document issued by the IRCC is valid only until 2021 December 1st.
Will i need to extend my study permit upon the completion of UTP stage 2 and or will i be offered a four year visa at the airport upon arrival to cover my whole course?
This forum has been really helpful throughout my process, wish you all out there success on your applications! Thanks guys!! :D
Timeline :
Medical passed - June 26

Congrats. What was your IELTS Score?