+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applied on February and still no news, please advise

zolab

Apr 26, 2017
Oh now i understand the delay. My intake is Spring 2018, May to be precise and i submitted my package on May 31, 2017. So when should i expect response for medicals? I Submitted in Nigeria

Last edited:

zolab

Apr 26, 2017
I received a response from CIC Singapore.
They mentioned that it is unusual for students to arrive in Canada more than 3 months before their studies start date as the purpose of their travel is to study, and arriving in Canada more than 3 months before their studies is questionable as studes may have issues at the port of Entry. They do not issue study permits that far in advance. They are currently foreseeing that they will start processing January semester applications in September 2017 and they will process these on a first come first served basis.

Therefore, it is better to wait.

Good luck for your application and let me know when it is approved.
Have you gone for medicals?

klgirl

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Have you gone for medicals?
hi. It was done upfront. My medical passed 3 days after I applied but family's medical clearance from CIC is still pending but we did all at the same time. They have put my application on hold as I am in the January 2018 intake. According to them, it will only be processed in Aug/Sep. Hoping for the best.